Who Win?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who Win?

• Cameron Yoe
    • Newton

[quote name="SouthArise" post="911633" timestamp="1290028453"]
[quote author=Yoe_09 link=topic=76046.msg911584#msg911584 date=1290026423]
[quote author=SouthArise link=topic=76046.msg910617#msg910617 date=1289926714]
Newton is a little down this year, Losing Coach Barbay was the worst.  Dont forget Newton was ranked number 2 at one time and they have alot of talent, If the kids are confident and the Coaches teach something this week then Newton will win. Many Yoe fans were at the game last week in Carthage and I think they were a little surprised with the lopsided score, I just hope Newton D plays better cause there is no doubt they can move the ball.  p.s. please kick and punt to #3 lol
[/quote]

I kind of think everyone was a little surprised by the score.  White Oak had just given Tatum all they had wanted in the 1st half....then Newton comes in and beats them by a wider margin.  How good is Tatum?  They have only beat one "good" team in Gilmer and they are down this year by their standards.  Many think Newton has the capability to go all the way....cant wait until Friday night...only a few days away.
[/quote]  Well I don't know what people think up there in your area, but around here no one really thinks Newton has what it takes to win it all .  In fact if you were to ask around Newton most people would say that this is the worst Season Newton has had in many years (3 loses 3rd in district), thats because the standards are so high in Newton. The Newton White Oak game was a game that Newton took over because they had alot more athletes and they simply wore White Oak down.  Newton will defitely utilize there speed in this game, it will come down to who can score the most , dont see the Newton D changing much they have Sucked all Season. Newton has many young talented players (Frosh:FS,WR,RB- K.Shorter)( Soph:CB,backup QB-DJ Dean) starting this year and the future looks very promising , and with the leadership of senior's Rb:Jermy Jackson  All state Rb:Kelvin Bennett  plus Spikes and Seastruck leading the Defense Newton should have a chance to bring home the title.  but it will be the toughest championship run ever considering they are very young and Newton lost the number 4 winninest coach of all time in Coach Curtis Barbay. .
[/quote]

Good points.  I was leaning more towards all of the preseason hype and polls(which in the end mean nothing).  I can understand what you mean by a season with 3 loses in district.  That is obviously down from what a team like Newton or Cameron is used to.  We have been down the last 2 years and this year I think we have a solid group.  Good luck, and safe travels to everyone. 

It's been a tough year for Newton, but they still made the playoffs - once you're there it's a new season.  While I do believe Anahuac & EC were better this year, I still think that our district play promotes better play in the playoffs (that's if you don't have to play K'ville again...2 yrs in a row!).  Looking at Cameron's district along with Crockett's district, it appears they haven't had to play anybody in a long time and I think it's to our advantage.  That doesn't necessarily mean we will win our games Friday night, but I think this will be the stiffest competition both of these teams have faced since preseason, and don't forget they're coming off bye week's as well!  Seems like our district has been in playoff mode since about week 5 and nothing would make me happier than to see AP, Newton & EC advance to the next round.  Good luck 10AA Div. I!!!!!!!

[quote name="Anafanatic" post="911665" timestamp="1290030007"]
It's been a tough year for Newton, but they still made the playoffs - once you're there it's a new season.  While I do believe Anahuac & EC were better this year, I still think that our district play promotes better play in the playoffs (that's if you don't have to play K'ville again...2 yrs in a row!).  Looking at Cameron's district along with Crockett's district, it appears they haven't had to play anybody in a long time and I think it's to our advantage.  That doesn't necessarily mean we will win our games Friday night, but I think this will be the stiffest competition both of these teams have faced since preseason, and don't forget they're coming off bye week's as well!  Seems like our district has been in playoff mode since about week 5 and nothing would make me happier than to see AP, Newton & EC advance to the next round.  Good luck 10AA Div. I!!!!!!!
[/quote] 10AA D1 all the way

[/quote]
Well said. One of the toughest districts in the state. Good luck to all three teams!

[/quote]

Well I do feel both D10 & D12 have prove to be the top 2 in Region III.  Both swept with Anahuac/Newton & McGregor/Marlin picking up wins.  Of course we did not see the competition like we did in our non-district(Rockdale, La Vega, and Navasota), but the district has proven to be stronger that once thought. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder