**SILSBEE vs. HUFFMAN BROADCAST**/Huffman Advances/Comments

[quote name="ST413" post="905619" timestamp="1289602805"]
The late hit(OB) was on the opposite side so it could have been a good call. However it looked like our guy had him in bounds and then they went down out of bounds getting the flag. I couldn't see anything extra that warranted that penalty, there may have been. The celebration, unless I missed part of it, was just jubilation on the part of the Tigers for taking a comeback lead that late in the ballgame. 
[/quote]

the OB late hit was bogus, the Silsbee player had made contact in bounds and momentem carried them out of bounds.  I agree with the celebration of course we were jumping around it was the second time we had come back from 2 scores down in the second half. 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to say the one where Deberry "fumbled" the ball wasnt a fumble not bashing against anything the refs let them play FOOTBALL some calls were missed yes but that didnt make any difference in the game. Deberrys' arm was at his head a good 3 ft from where it started when he fumbled it he was clearly already passing the ball.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="904959" timestamp="1289535280"]
Horrible call this late! Flea Flicker? Really?
[/quote]

I don't recall the flea flicker ever being attempted.  I saw a half back pass and a hitch and pitch, but not a flea flicker.  Did I miss this or do you not know what a flea flicker is?

[quote name="mactiger" post="906761" timestamp="1289660966"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=75903.msg904959#msg904959 date=1289535280]
Horrible call this late! Flea Flicker? Really?
[/quote]

I don't recall the flea flicker ever being attempted.  I saw a half back pass and a hitch and pitch, but not a flea flicker.  Did I miss this or do you not know what a flea flicker is?
[/quote]

all that was attempted was a halfback pass and the hitch and pitch.  I personally agree with the time of each play being called it was just Huffmans strong side safty was quick to read both plays and steped up to make great plays on both of them.  If we could have got the halback pass completed it would have been a 20+ yard pass and everyone would be saying it was a good call but since it was incomplete the OC does not know what he is doing.  I am going to back the Silsbee coaching staff 100% on their decisions

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="906768" timestamp="1289661206"]
Mactiger halfback flea flick, it was a bad call! They score the next play, but on 3rd down not what you would call that late. Yes I know what a flea flicker is.
[/quote]

There was a half back pass in the first half where the receiver slipped down and there was a hitch and pitch in the second half.  Still don't remember a flea flicker.  The game is over. It doesn't really matter.  I just can't stand posters who sit in the bleachers questioning every call when there are young men on the field giving everything they have and coaches on the sidelines doing their best to help them.  Those players read these forums too.  All they saw from you on here is smack talking their coaches and belittling them.  Comments like, "Silsbee looks like they are ready for bb" and "Silsbee can't keep up" are not really what the players needed at the time. I bet if the so-called "flea flicker" would have worked, you would have had a different opinion on whether it was a good call, a gutsy call, or a terrible call.  Thanks, Javelina for backing me up on this.  I may be a girl, but I know a little about football.

[quote name="mactiger" post="906799" timestamp="1289662559"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=75903.msg906768#msg906768 date=1289661206]
Mactiger halfback flea flick, it was a bad call! They score the next play, but on 3rd down not what you would call that late. Yes I know what a flea flicker is.
[/quote]

There was a half back pass in the first half where the receiver slipped down and there was a hitch and pitch in the second half.  Still don't remember a flea flicker.  The game is over. It doesn't really matter.  I just can't stand posters who sit in the bleachers questioning every call when there are young men on the field giving everything they have and coaches on the sidelines doing their best to help them.  Those players read these forums too.  All they saw from you on here is smack talking their coaches and belittling them.  Comments like, "Silsbee looks like they are ready for bb" and "Silsbee can't keep up" are not really what the players needed at the time. I bet if the so-called "flea flicker" would have worked, you would have had a different opinion on whether it was a good call, a gutsy call, or a terrible call.  Thanks, Javelina for backing me up on this.  I may be a girl, but I know a little about football.
[/quote]

your welcome, from the sideline I even heard fans yelling about the play calling.  the sideline coaches get info from the other coaches up in the pressbox.  If those coaches see something that might help the team they let the coaches on the sideline know about it.  They have the birds eye view and can see the field better.  There were very few plays that did not work for Silsbee. 

Right! Maybe if either of you played football before or knew football, even bad calls work when the team you play has a poor defense. Why is WOS so good year in and year out? There players are equal to the talent of Silsbee but it is coaching. Live with it! Coaches have a lot on their plate besided wins and loses but, Silsbee has only been past the 2nd round of the playoffs maybe 4 times since the schools intergrated! Wow!

I can't stand posters who hide the truth! Your opinion is no better than mine! Kids play their tails off and some coaches are there to collect a check! If a bad call is made then it is made! To voice our opinions is just like you cheering for a TD. Its the right we have as fans and supporters.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="907041" timestamp="1289673366"]
I can't stand posters who hide the truth! Your opinion is no better than mine! Kids play their tails off and some coaches are there to collect a check! If a bad call is made then it is made! To voice our opinions is just like you cheering for a TD. Its the right we have as fans and supporters.
[/quote]

I give up from here on out I will complain about how bad the coaches are on every team that loses in the playoffs this year cause if they lost the coaches are obviaously no good

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="907034" timestamp="1289673087"]
Right! Maybe if either of you played football before or knew football, even bad calls work when the team you play has a poor defense. Why is WOS so good year in and year out? There players are equal to the talent of Silsbee but it is coaching. Live with it! Coaches have a lot on their plate besided wins and loses but, Silsbee has only been past the 2nd round of the playoffs maybe 4 times since the schools intergrated! Wow!
[/quote] Coming from someone who was a team manager in high school, gj lance berry

SilsbeeD it souds like you follow this team close. I come to about 1 game every 2-5 yrs. Why is it the school can't win more than one playoff game? My home is right in front of the Berry Center here in Cypress and Silsbee has better talent than most of the schools in my area! All are 5A schools but the coaches are able to put the talent in a position to peform! Year end and year out I follow the Tigers thru the BMT Enterprise or The Bee. I see one and done or maybe second round. I see you support the coaches 100%. What would you suggest? If you were just average at your job, what do you think would happen before long?

[quote name="Javelina" post="905545" timestamp="1289597591"]
One of the best High school games I have ever seen.  It was even better watching it from Sillsbee's sideline and feeding off the players emotions.  I am not going to take nothing away from the players but there were 2 bad calls on Silsbee and a bunch of no calls against Huffman for blocking in the back and holding.  I lost count of how many times Silsbee's DB's were held by recievers and D-lineman held when got through O-line.  and when confronted the refs had no answer why the calls were made or not called.
[/quote]

don't say you don't want to take "nothing away from the players" and then call out the receivers and defensive linemen. The huffman receivers played the same way as the silsbee boys...FAIRLY, it's their job to block for their teammates so we can score...and the refs weren't turning a blind eye to our defense either. If anything the questionable call was DeBerry's "fumble."

O[quote name="paintballove" post="905664" timestamp="1289607277"]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=75903.msg905657#msg905657 date=1289606437]
How many players from Huffman played both ways in this game?

[/quote]

I can't give a number, but more than you'd think.

As far as officials go, there were bad calls for both sides. I'd say I saw both coaches screaming at them evenly... that may be my favorite part of HS football.
[/quote

More than you'd think???? Huffman has one two-way player, Witwer. That's it.

Lay off of the silsbee coaches. They had mcdaniel and the offense in position to win, but #2 Potter was in the right spot like he was most of the game. Great game for both teams. Good luck to Huffman.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86