Kirbyville vs Brownsboro

kville

[quote name="Kville99" post="901181" timestamp="1289183055"]
according to smoaky.com they run the spread offense and they supposedly have a pretty accurate QB and a couple of good receivers.  Chapel Hill beat them 35-14 and athens beat them 63-21.  Athens lost to Chapel Hill 38-35.  So its hard to tell what we are up against really.  From the stats I have saw from their opponents on maxpreps it looks like the ones that passed the ball well had the most success against them.  Dont know how good the runningbacks were that they faced though.  Taking they were decent we might need to open it up by passing and then hit them with the run.  But then again I am not the coach and I cant say for sure as I have not seen any eveidence with my own eyes. 
[/quote]

I have heard that their secondary isn't very deep and is inexperienced.  From what I've heard Kville should handle them pretty easily.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Lefty99" post="901252" timestamp="1289184707"]
[quote author=Kville99 link=topic=75635.msg901181#msg901181 date=1289183055]
according to smoaky.com they run the spread offense and they supposedly have a pretty accurate QB and a couple of good receivers.  Chapel Hill beat them 35-14 and athens beat them 63-21.  Athens lost to Chapel Hill 38-35.  So its hard to tell what we are up against really.  From the stats I have saw from their opponents on maxpreps it looks like the ones that passed the ball well had the most success against them.  Dont know how good the runningbacks were that they faced though.  Taking they were decent we might need to open it up by passing and then hit them with the run.  But then again I am not the coach and I cant say for sure as I have not seen any eveidence with my own eyes. 
[/quote]

I have heard that their secondary isn't very deep and is inexperienced.  From what I've heard Kville should handle them pretty easily.
[/quote]

I think so too ... ;)

BROWNSBORO BEARS 2010 STATS

RUSHING ATT. YARDS TD FUMB
Keuntis Thompson 81 486 7
Matt Simpsom 63 281 3
Deondre Taylor 11 93 1
Ryan Owens 74 388 8
Charfus Mayfield 24 96 2
Mikey Ramirez 9 41
Bret Connor 2 2
Cody Strickland 1 20
Kadarius Johnson 3 12
Ceasar Gutierrez 9 20
DZ Moss             5 30
TOTALS             282 1469 21

PASSING             COMP ATT YARDS TD'S INT'S          COMP%
Ryan Owens 186 276 2399 27 6       67%
Bret Connor 2 3 21
TOTALS             188 279 2420 27 6                  67%

RECEIVING CATCHES YARDS TD'S FUMB
Nick Jones 9 88
Matt Simpson 11 99
Cody Strickland 37 483 6
Deondre Taylor 72 1097 16
Keuntis Thompson 32 415 4
Kyle Faulkner 5 49
Charfus Mayfield 2 8
Chris Bryant 1 3 1
DZ Moss             4 34
Matt Tobey 5 71
Aaron Ramirez 5 73

TOTALS           183 2420 27

TOTAL PER GAME TOTAL YARDS AVG.
SEASON POINT TOTAL 358 35.8                     3889 388
DEFENSIVE POINTS 293 29.3

[quote name="kville68" post="901615" timestamp="1289232516"]
BB does not look like much of a running team.
Breed and Tyler should keep their QB running for his life all night so you can expect Cucancic to pick off a few.
Thank you Lefty
[/quote]

No problem.

We can all see that they throw it pretty well and Owens is a good QB but what sticks out to me is the pts they give up a game.  A margin of victory of only 6 pts ain't going to cut it in the playoffs.  Their D is very weak and will be on the field all night.

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="901897" timestamp="1289252910"]
We should run on them all night, and we need the secondary to really step up in this one...cucancic and jacko ;)
[/quote]

Cucancic got Maxprep/Airforce player of the week for is efforts in the Center game.
Congrats to Caleb

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="901897" timestamp="1289252910"]
We should run on them all night, and we need the secondary to really step up in this one...cucancic and jacko ;)
[/quote]

The way I see it is it's like the Will Pt. game but a better team.  The offense needs to sustain long clock eating drives.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the passing game open up a bit more also against a weak secondary.  It's obvious they can't stop teams from scoring and even though they throw the ball very well the cards are in the Cats favor.  If they cannot run the ball they have no chance.  I don't care who you are...the run sets up the pass.  Our secondary is much better this yr than it has been in the time that Alvarez has been there.  Facing as many spread teams as the Cats have this yr will pay dividends in this game.

Smoakys has more people from up Brownsboro way and the threads from up north tend to disrespect any team from this area.  BUT......I have to say the BB people have not really said anything negative. The fans want their team to give it their all just like we do. Since they are not a running team it will be hard for them to control the pace of the game. Cucancic and Jacko should have a field day since BB has no choice but to try to pass. 

[quote name="kville68" post="900367" timestamp="1289142306"]
I am glad that I am not the only one! We all love to brag on the Cats and nobody else better talk about them but the truth is they lack any killer instinct. They have been coached to play great football and at the same time coached to be soft. Hooks and Barbay would never take it easy on us or anyone else. Week after week we treat our opponants like we dont want to hurt their little feelings and then when we get into a real fight we expect the same. Well nobody else is worried about Kirbyville's self esteem so we get whipped. They have all the tools but IMO the modern everybody is a winner, everybody gets a trophy, lets swap spit after the game mentality is never going to win a championship. Pull the starters when you have a big lead. Ford should have never played a down after he got what he needed Friday. But when Center came out after halftime they were fired up like they were up by 21. The Cats half troted out and their play after that looked horrible. Yes the play makers did what they always do but as a whole they did not look good and they did not play with heart. Do they even know that they don't get in trouble for shutting someone out? Alverez should be blowing a gasket when they have them on 4th and 15 and let them get the first down.  If he does not get fired up then why would the boys? If thats not his style he better delegate it to someone because you are not going all the way without heart. Sorry I have to vent here but you can bet all of the teams from here out fought for a spot and if the wildcats don't learn to play all four quarters its gonna be a short run in the playoffs. I believe this team has what it takes and they can do it but the fans have to show fire, expect the boys to play with fire and the coaches have to demand some fire or we just need to step aside and let a team that really wants it take our spot.
[/quote]

You need to take the plastic bag off your head.  The lack of oxygen is making you look really idiotic.  Demand fire?  The Cats just blew through their district and the regular season.  They scored 60 twice and 70 once in the last three weeks.  They may have gotten bored.  You're a spoiled Kirbyville fan.  Kirbyville used to get beat 64 to 14 and now Kirbyville wins by at least that margin in all of their district games and you say they're not showing enough fire!  LOL! Guess that's a good thing.

[quote name="kville68" post="901909" timestamp="1289253688"]
[quote author=kcat-fan link=topic=75635.msg901897#msg901897 date=1289252910]
[/quote]

Cucancic got Maxprep/Airforce player of the week for is efforts in the Center game.
Congrats to Caleb

[/quote]

He must have been playing with some "fire" after halftime huh 68?

I am not talking about winning obviously they are winning. Its about sloppy play by some once they take a lead. And as I have said sloppy, flat, bored, disinterested, whatever you want to call it play leads to bad habits. I agree that they blew through district play and it may be they are just playing at the comptition level that is in front of them. As someone else has said it may be like if a smart kid in a class is not challenged he gets bored. If all of those games were nothing but "practice" for the playoffs fine, but habits die hard. Some of the players go all four quarters no doubt about it but you can not watch them and say some don't slack off once their ahead. I want to see them play to their full potential. My opinion or anyone elses on this site wont change a coaches or players mind one bit. And if some think its OK to play loose once they are ahead thats fine. If we get a TD called back because of a penalty, muff a kick, drop a pass, give up a 1st down when its 40 to 0 no big deal. In a playoff game against a good team that will kill you. Just look at the two state games Kirbyville was as good if not better of a team than either Muleshoe or Pilot point. Mental mistakes cost them and they could not overcome it with just physical play. I am as proud of them for getting there as anyone. But as you get further into the playoffs it is not so much the faster, stronger team that wins its the team that executes without mistakes. If you have gotten by all year playing at 3/4 speed, pulling starters without a loss you are a great football team. I think the Cats are capable of being better than great! I appologize for speaking my mind so strongly but you will see one or two (ussually Breed and Tyler) trying to get the crowd and the players pumped up and back into the game. If they all kept that that attitude they would be an unstoppable team.

[quote name="jackhammer" post="902509" timestamp="1289322647"]
[quote author=kville68 link=topic=75635.msg901909#msg901909 date=1289253688]
[quote author=kcat-fan link=topic=75635.msg901897#msg901897 date=1289252910]
[/quote]

Congrats to Caleb

[/quote]

He must have been playing with some "fire" after halftime huh 68?
[/quote]
He is one that never stops and someone notice did n't they.

[quote name="kville68" post="902535" timestamp="1289324898"]
I am not talking about winning obviously they are winning. Its about sloppy play by some once they take a lead. And as I have said sloppy, flat, bored, disinterested, whatever you want to call it play leads to bad habits. I agree that they blew through district play and it may be they are just playing at the comptition level that is in front of them. As someone else has said it may be like if a smart kid in a class is not challenged he gets bored. If all of those games were nothing but "practice" for the playoffs fine, but habits die hard. Some of the players go all four quarters no doubt about it but you can not watch them and say some don't slack off once their ahead. I want to see them play to their full potential. My opinion or anyone elses on this site wont change a coaches or players mind one bit. And if some think its OK to play loose once they are ahead thats fine. If we get a TD called back because of a penalty, muff a kick, drop a pass, give up a 1st down when its 40 to 0 no big deal. In a playoff game against a good team that will kill you. Just look at the two state games Kirbyville was as good if not better of a team than either Muleshoe or Pilot point. Mental mistakes cost them and they could not overcome it with just physical play. I am as proud of them for getting there as anyone. But as you get further into the playoffs it is not so much the faster, stronger team that wins its the team that executes without mistakes. If you have gotten by all year playing at 3/4 speed, pulling starters without a loss you are a great football team. I think the Cats are capable of being better than great! I appologize for speaking my mind so strongly but you will see one or two (ussually Breed and Tyler) trying to get the crowd and the players pumped up and back into the game. If they all kept that that attitude they would be an unstoppable team.
[/quote]

When you ahead by 30-40 pts at the half some games it is very hard to keep focus.  You may think it's not but everyone that I've ever talked to that played the game said the same thing about being ahead.  It happens to college and pro teams.  If the think not then turn the tv on andsee for yourself.  If you ask me Alvarez has turned them lose since the Jasper game. 

As I suggested to you once.  Go let Alvarez know what he is doing wrong and what he needs to do to make the team play harder.  I am sure he would love to hear it! ::)

I see your point Lefty and I know for a fact that Alverez did address this issue. May be a little more tactfully than me LOL ;D. But in a nut shell they will not get ahead of themselves and they have to stay [b]focused and execute[/b].  Yes he has turned it up since Jasper. They have given every reason to have all of the confidence in the world in their talent and ability without any reservation. I am speaking of only the mental side of the game. I am sure the Coach will get their minds right for Thursday and turn up the intensity as much as he sees fit in games to come. If they get beat by a straight up better team at any point between here and the big game there would be no shame in it. They have had a great season and have improved a lot over last year even as good as they were. I just do not want to see them beat themselves because of penalties, turnovers, and missed oppourtunities. How many teams have been beaten by lesser teams because of it. I might have expressed my concern inappropriately and for that I again appologize to the wildcat faithful. Just speaking my mind. I will stick with "bad habits die hard" but I am sure the 'Cats have what it takes to rise to any occation. They have what it takes to win it all.
Good luck Thursday to Alverez and all the Wildcats

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder