Has Brenham Really Played Anybody?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Two-Dogs...
I don't know who they have played but they have impressed somebody out there.

AP Poll week 10

Class 4A
School Total Points Prv
1. Aledo (25) (9-0) 250 1
[b]2. Brenham (9-0) 212 2[/b]
3. Lake Travis (8-1) 200 3
4. Denton Ryan (9-0) 184 4
5. Dallas Highland Park (9-0) 130 5
6. Cedar Park (9-0) 116 6
7. Kerrville Tivy (9-1) 99 7
8. Hewitt Midway (8-0) 83 8
9. Tyler (8-1) 61 9
10. El Campo (8-0) 35 10

Brenham is that awful team off 105W by the Blue Bell plant that made a run to the state championship game last year in D2 that basically returned its whole starting roster. They also shutout in the second half basically one the best offenses in 4A Montgomery , and is probably one of the best coached and talented defense in the state. No they aren't so big and bad.  ;)

[quote name="RCOLE68" post="895248" timestamp="1288750780"]
Brenham is that awful team off 105W by the Blue Bell plant that made a run to the state championship game last year in D2 that basically returned its whole starting roster. [b]They also shutout in the second half basically one the best offenses in 4A Montgomery [/b] , and is probably one of the best coached and talented defense in the state. No they aren't so big and bad.  ;)
[/quote]
I know Brenham is very good, but just for argument sake on Montgomery's offense. According to Houston Chronicle, the following teams have better offenses. Kingwood Park, Galena Park, Crosby, Angleton, Friendswood, La Marque, Manvel, Dawson, LCM, PNG, and Livingston in no order. So Montgomery stats wise is the 12th best offense in the Houston/Golden Triangle area. Not as great of an offense now ;D

I'm stating how good Brenham is. Dobbins was out for 3 games and has played 2 Qtrs (8 carries) in the last two games. Those numbers do not mean anything. Montgomery offense could have run the stats up but have stopped at HALFTIME. Believe what you want. The playoffs will be a judge for the future.

[quote name="RCOLE68" post="895317" timestamp="1288754583"]
I'm stating how good Brenham is. Dobbins was out for 3 games and has played 2 Qtrs (8 carries) in the last two games. Those numbers do not mean anything. Montgomery offense could have run the stats up but have stopped at HALFTIME. Believe what you want. The playoffs will be a judge for the future.
[/quote]
I haven't seen Montgomery play. I'm just going off of stats provided by Houston Chronicle. Are the stats wrong? I already know Brenham is good. That's a given, but it was said that Montgomery has one of the best 4A offenses, and I disproved that with what the Houston Chronicle said.

Remember, PNG won the worst fans award on here ;D BTW, I know Montgomery is good, it's all in good fun.

Many offenses are ranked ahead of Montgomery this year. Look at last years stats (total team offense for 4A for year 09-10) when same team was HEALTHY the whole year. Same players and against better district competition last year. http://www.maxpreps.com/leaders/football-fall-09/player/offense,passing/national.htm

You'll have to forgive 20-4A....they're used to playing in games that are 58-49.  Montgomery has a great offense.  Last year's state championship was Brenham vs. Aledo and neither team has lost and returned most of their roster...hence the #2 ranking.  The rankings of course mean absolutely squat and Brenham has beat a number of tough teams.  I'll tell you exactly how big and bad they are after Thursday.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="RCOLE68" post="895248" timestamp="1288750780"]
Brenham is that awful team off 105W by the Blue Bell plant that made a run to the state championship game last year in D2 that basically returned its whole starting roster. They also shutout in the second half basically one the best offenses in 4A Montgomery , and is probably one of the best coached and talented defense in the state. No they aren't so big and bad.  ;)
[/quote]

These are wise and true words. 4A ought to pay attention to them.  :-X

Guest ECBucFan
Heck of a game. I was there. Except for a few untimely errors, Brenham could have brought the thing down to the wire. Aledo scoring right off the bat, then right before the half ended was the difference. Hope ya'll get the chance to stuff Grey and take em' out this year!    ;D    Good Luck!

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="895349" timestamp="1288757304"]
Heck of a game. I was there. Except for a few untimely errors, Brenham could have brought the thing down to the wire. Aledo scoring right off the bat, then right before the half ended was the difference. Hope ya'll get the chance to stuff Grey and take em' out this year!     ;D    Good Luck!
[/quote]
thank you hopefully we have a chance to do it and do it
;D

Aledo is going to be even harder to stop this year. Trey Ozee was the backup QB last year in the championship game for Aledo. Matthew Bishop got hurt against Denison and is a great passer (1500+ yards). Brenham can do it, but Aledo will be even more balanced and harder to defend. Brenham coach will need a great game plan to win.

Ok, let me start with HAHA!  Have we played anybody, you ask?  Well we have played Montgomery and Lamar, and both of those teams IMO would beat anybody that Dayton or PNG has played.  BTW, Montgomery is atleast in the top 2 or 3 offenses in region 3. (Montgomery, Friendswood & Brenham IMO) Stratford isn't too bad of a team and we play them too.  I know most of 20-4A isn't used to seeing defense played, but it helps alot.  Ask anybody that has played us this year if you want to meet up with us in the playoffs.  I really don't wanna bash anybody, but you are questioning the #2 team in the state...  I mean you're entitled to your own opinion, but their is a reason that #2 is by our name.  You'll find out soon enough, but if you just can't wait, you can join liltex, rollinac, Hum398, grasshopper and myself Thursday at 7 @ Tully Stadium in Houston.  ;D

PM me if your interested...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin