A Special Thanks to Vidor from PNG

In an impressive show of class Vidor painted "Tip" on their field to honor our longtime announcer Mr. Tip Durham.  I as well as all of us Indian fans were moved by the gesture and the heartfelt speech the Vidor announcer gave to honor Mr. Durham.  So thank you from the Indian Nation and also thank you for the best halftime of the 2010 football season!!

I too was impressed by the gesture from Vidor. TY to you guys for the kindness shown towards Tip and the Indian Nation. I was also impressed by the amount of folks who showed up for the homecomming game. For once the Indian fans were outnumbered. Vidor fans were standing everywere that there was an open space. Including out in the street. They were looking over the baseball field fence. Everywere. The topic about Vidor seating on the visitor was not the case last night there were security guards keeping people from crossing over to the other teams side. Once again thanks to the VISD for a unforgetable experience.

I am glad that Vidor did this to honor PNG's late announcer.  For the same reason I am proud that we still wear the RG helmet emblem on the right side of our helmet.  These are things our community does all of the time but usually only get the unwanted attention when an idiot does something stupid.  Every year we hear of these "awful" things folks experience when they come to our community.  We will continue to do what is honorable and right in our community as well as try to remember important figures in others.  Its just the right thing to do.  Thanks to you folks from PNG that recognize this.  God Bless

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="891988" timestamp="1288472665"]
I am glad that Vidor did this to honor PNG's late announcer.  For the same reason I am proud that we still wear the RG helmet emblem on the right side of our helmet.  These are things our community does all of the time but usually only get the unwanted attention when an idiot does something stupid.  Every year we hear of these "awful" things folks experience when they come to our community.  We will continue to do what is honorable and right in our community as well as try to remember important figures in others.  Its just the right thing to do.  Thanks to you folks from PNG that recognize this.  God Bless
[/quote]

Amen -great post. The 1% idiots get all of the press and are what people use to form opinions. Well said Titan.

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="891988" timestamp="1288472665"]
I am glad that Vidor did this to honor PNG's late announcer.  For the same reason I am proud that we still wear the[b] RG helmet emblem [/b]on the right side of our helmet.  These are things our community does all of the time but usually only get the unwanted attention when an idiot does something stupid.  Every year we hear of these "awful" things folks experience when they come to our community.  We will continue to do what is honorable and right in our community as well as try to remember important figures in others.  Its just the right thing to do.  Thanks to you folks from PNG that recognize this.  God Bless
[/quote]

I still wear the RG  blue and silver ribbon I made to every game. 

a very special thanks for the respect and hospitality that the vidor nation showed this past friday night. Was a very good game and as usual the halftime show was top notch as it is every other year when we attend for their homecoming, just wish my daughter would have been there to see it. I only have her for the homegames so she missed out on one hell of a halftme show.

[quote name="vidorSDMF" post="895565" timestamp="1288802760"]
hehe ol mr baker always paints our feild up nicely. he has got to be one of the best around.
[/quote]
Yes, great experience all around, especially since I found the shortcut to get in and out of the stadium without traffic issues (drove right in and right out without ever stoping and made it home in 20-25 minutes).

The painting on the 50 was very well done as well.

[quote name="vidorSDMF" post="895565" timestamp="1288802760"]
hehe ol mr baker always paints our feild up nicely. he has got to be one of the best around.
[/quote]somebody better step up for him soon. he will be retiring. he definitely will be missed. he's won numerous awards for his work. anybody got a pic of the field this year to share?

Guest JoesBros
After his retirement I was told he will be painting fields around the area. He did Newton's field a few weeks ago I heard it was awesome looking. Its going to be tuff to fill his shoe's!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ssiiiiaa
    Newest Member
    ssiiiiaa