PEEWEE stjfl - First Rounds scores

I saw the Ned White, Vidor White game. No way Ned should have won that game. A few very bad calls by the refs, not to metion a Ned running back that had to go 110-115 lbs, no way this kid was under 90 Lbs back in August. Even at that he was much of a factor.  Also one of the worst displays of sportsmanship by the Ned coaching staff , one in particular. 
Junior football is about teaching kids the game, and letting them enjoy playing. These kids are being taught in very distructive enviroment. My kids are grown now but there is no way I would have let them play on that team.

I saw all of the games.

Lum White will beat them. Vidor Black will take the whole ball of wax in Pee Wee Div.

[quote name="MMstangfan" post="895218" timestamp="1288748890"]
I saw the Ned White, Vidor White game. No way Ned should have won that game. A few very bad calls by the refs, not to metion a Ned running back that had to go 110-115 lbs, no way this kid was under 90 Lbs back in August. Even at that he was much of a factor.  Also one of the worst displays of sportsmanship by the Ned coaching staff , one in particular. 
Junior football is about teaching kids the game, and letting them enjoy playing. These kids are being taught in very distructive enviroment. My kids are grown now but there is no way I would have let them play on that team.

I saw all of the games.

Lum White will beat them. Vidor Black will take the whole ball of wax in Pee Wee Div.
[/quote]
I guess the stjfl allows nederland boys to weigh in on different scale. Yes he does now weigh around 110 and I love it. I had all the flags against my team so I guess that is where the bad calls were. Vidor defense was the best we faced, but their kids made huge mistakes and we took advantage of them. Plus you need to look at the bracket because I cant play lumberton white and Vidor Black because one of them will lose this weekend.(they play each other) Football is distructive this is not SOCCER if you dont like it go to the SOCCER fields and watch girls play. Plus, we must be doing something right this is my second year coaching and second year in playoffs. Your getting kids ready for next level and holding hands and kissing them dont work :-* :-* :-*

I stand corrected, Lumb Red beat a very good PNP Purple team. I don't think you'll get past them  Vidor Black is very good and Lumb White may be able to hang, they beat WOS easliy, but then WOS lost to anyone that had a decent team. Still believe Vidor Black is the team to beat.
Not sure if you were the coach that got the unsportsman flag thrown , if I had been the ref that coach would have been off my field. A very poor role model for 7 - 8 year old kids.
There were bad calls both ways, but the no calls were what really hurt Vidor White.  I don't have a dog in this fight , I just called it like I saw it.

On the weigh-in - And I have'nt seen many 7 -8 year old kids gain 20 Lbs in 3 months. STJFL needs to review their policy's ,
situations like this will prompt a weigh-in before every game. 

You are obvisouly young, I've been around football for 43 years. I was a little radical when I was younger , you will find as you mature that it's not all about winning a game.  And we know about winning at WOS.

[quote name="Birddogtx" post="900096" timestamp="1289098035"]
The Ned White coaches were by far the worst we encountered all year.  They were rude to our kids and quite unsportsmanlike.  I am with you Mustang, they showed their "class" all year.

Birddog
[/quote]
 I'm there for my kids, you need to be there for yours.  I can't coach your sidelines too. Anyone that knows me knows that I have never been "rude" to the kids on my team or opposing teams. I have done nothing but praise the teams that beat us and praised the WOS coaches all year.  WOS beat us 2 years in a row, but I never came back like you and stooped to your level.  I have accepted and learned from my defeats and you should do the same.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder