PN-G vs Nederland?

Guest sports girl
PNG won 3 out of the 5 games. Both teams played very well. The disappointing part was the cheerleaders football players and students from PNG.Throughout the entire game they were hollering out very ugly things to the Nederland players. There were some very ugly things said about all the girls and they were called out by name. All of this took place with the PNG administrators right there. When this was brought to the attention of the assistant principal her comment was well I dont know who said it so I cant do anything about it. Bullying has become a major cause of suicide. Png students and cheerleaders made fun of the size of the Nederland girls they made sexual comments toward them and even cussed at one of our players. They showed very poor character. There has always been a rivalry between these two teams but tonight things were taken out of hand.

[quote name="kf'89" post="889153" timestamp="1288222516"]
it only takes one bad person to make everyone look bad & it only would of took one good person to stop the bad people from being direspectful.
[/quote]

This is so TRUE....Hate to hear something like this happen in any sport and really hate to hear no one stopped it.....Makes you wonder though, what's really going on in this big ole world.... :( :( :(

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="tjcfan08" post="889547" timestamp="1288278519"]
[quote author=kf'89 link=topic=75102.msg889153#msg889153 date=1288222516]
it only takes one bad person to make everyone look bad & it only would of took one good person to stop the bad people from being direspectful.
[/quote]

This is so TRUE....Hate to hear something like this happen in any sport and really hate to hear no one stopped it.....Makes you wonder though, what's really going on in this big ole world.... :( :( :(
[/quote]

I have to agree, this type of behavior goes on in every school. Kids don't respect authority anymore and that is not really the kids fault. I don't see the trend changing anytime soon. It will only get worse. Lets just say TV plays a role in this kind of behavior and of course parental guidance.

It's one thing to have spirit but totally different circumstances to display bad sportsmanship.  I was very disgusted by the display of bad sportsmanship and name calling!  We had parents and grand-parents as well as young children at these games.  I had to see the look on my 71 year old dad's face when he heard obscene statements being called out to the players by name as well as see the look on young children that didn't understand the obscenities.  This is unacceptable and whether the students can be identified or not a blanket statement should be made to all the staff and students.  I believe that the Nederland Coach should have called a time out and informed the referees about the vulgar statements.  It’s ridiculous and a copout stating that you can’t do anything about it because you don’t know the offenders.  Actually, it is given the offenders a platform to continue.  The adults need to be adults and stop letting the kids take over.  Letters should be sent to the PNG School Board letting them know the sort of behavior that was being exhibited is unacceptable and should not be tolerated.  It takes away from the hard working athletes that are playing for their schools.

OK enough is enough!!!! BOTH schools acted very bad...Lets not make it out that it was all PNG. I think it all started when the players from PNG were being announced and all Nederland players, Coaches, (except for 1), and cheerleaders turned their backs to the player being introduced. It was senior nite and the same was done. It all went down hill from there. It is not all one sided as some are making it out to be.
Both schools were wrong and yes, the administrators should have stepped in.
I am not sure why after the game the players and parents from Nederland stayed around, while we were continuing our senior nite celebration but they were asked to leave.
I would hope it would be to congratulate the winning team, or seniors but I guess we will never know.

Good Luck in the playoffs to both teams

The parents, grand-parents, friends, family, etc., stayed to congratulate the players, as they do after every game.  My daughter has a large family and we always stay to congratulate her after the game.  This may not happen for 20 minutes or more and it can’t happen until the girls meet with their coach.  Again, there is NEVER an excuse for vulgarities, cussing, sexual innuendoes and/or obscenities at a school function or any function for that matter, but NEVER at a school sponsored function.  I’m not talking about “rude” or “bad” behavior.  This is unacceptable and disgusting behavior by any standards.  So yes, enough is enough but you can’t even compare this behavior to rude immature behavior.  I am sure that the majority did not participate in this behavior and am not labeling all for the actions of some, but regardless, something should have been done when this took place.

I commend the sportsmanship of the PNG & Nederland players and their family and friends are very proud of all of the players!  I’m sure that we will support our local teams at the playoff and wish all the teams good luck!

I wasn't at the game but I can assure that "heckling" goes on in a lot of volleyball games. I don't know to what extent the PN-G students did it, but I can promise you...they aren't the only school doing it. I bet the Nederland student body had their share of bad sportsmanship. It's the way it is these days. Not like when we were all kids. It won't change until Hollywood quits showing that this kind of behavior is acceptable and cool.

While I can't comment on the PNG/Nederland match; I can comment on the BC/OF match last week.  It was the only match that I attended this year.

I don't agree with the statement "It's the way it is these days".  While both sides showed good school/community spirit, I heard [u]zero[/u] "Heckling" or rude comments from either side. 

In fact, while most knew that I was pulling for BC, my many friends from OF were very kind and courteous to me.  I am extremely proud of the way OF fans as well as the BC fans conducted themselves.

I am confident that many fans in the Triangle act like OF & BC fans.  Maybe BC & OF aren't easily influenced by Hollywood.

Hmmm...I went to some BC games at their gym last year and I saw some of the biggest heckling I've ever seen in volleyball. In fact, I saw it to the extreme that they switched sides when the teams switched so they would stay on the same side of the opposing team to heckle them and try to distract them. I have no idea what was said between the PNG/Nederland game but if they said things that were vulgar and crossed the line, then they should have been reprimanded for it. All I'm saying is heckling is part of volleyball these days.

You don't think Hollywood has influenced our society??? I would have to disagree with you there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder