Plans are in place for $10 million BISD basketball arena

We will probably also let a company from Houston build even though there are plenty of capable builders here and not to mention it would create jobs in beaumont and give back to the taxpayer.  Wouldn't want to do that would you BISD!! Sad but that is what Butch does.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="speechless" post="883309" timestamp="1287755141"]
They would not be able to host a regional tournament there.

Cannot host regional tournaments on a home teams floor....must be a neutral site.
[/quote]

3a, 2a or 1a could host a regional though!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;)

[quote name="speechless" post="883309" timestamp="1287755141"]

Cannot host regional tournaments on a home teams floor....must be a neutral site.
[/quote]Duh! Regional meaning teams from regions located outside of Region 5..... ::)

[quote name="sleepy" post="883249" timestamp="1287749535"]
We will probably also let a company from Houston build even though there are plenty of capable builders here and not to mention it would create jobs in beaumont and give back to the taxpayer.  Wouldn't want to do that would you BISD!! Sad but that is what Butch does.
[/quote]Did you complain when Bud Leonard Stadium used Houston contractors?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="883330" timestamp="1287756762"]
[quote author=speechless link=topic=74791.msg883309#msg883309 date=1287755141]

[/quote]Duh! Regional meaning teams from regions located outside of [b]Region 5..... [/b] ::)
[/quote]

Region 5??

There are only 4 athletic regions, I-IV. Southeast Texas schools are in Region III.

You must be speaking of the educational regions.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="883336" timestamp="1287757417"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=74791.msg883330#msg883330 date=1287756762]
[quote author=speechless link=topic=74791.msg883309#msg883309 date=1287755141]

[/quote]Duh! Regional meaning teams from regions located outside of [b]Region 5..... [/b] ::)
[/quote]

Region 5??

There are only 4 athletic regions, I-IV. Southeast Texas schools are in Region III.

You must be speaking of the educational regions.
[/quote]Yep, I was thinking about the educational regions.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="883332" timestamp="1287756834"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=74791.msg883249#msg883249 date=1287749535]
[/quote]

Don't display your lack of knowledge here dove.  This center that BISD is building is OUR LOCAL TAXPAYERS MONEY.  We funded it and no one else.  BISD has made plenty of mistakes throughout so it is obvious to question them.

On the other hand the Lamar Stadium was largely privately funded but also funded by the STATE.  Not local.  Anything else?

[quote name="sleepy" post="883473" timestamp="1287766437"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=74791.msg883332#msg883332 date=1287756834]
[/quote]

Don't display your lack of knowledge here dove.  This center that BISD is building is OUR LOCAL TAXPAYERS MONEY.  We funded it and no one else.  BISD has made plenty of mistakes throughout so it is obvious to question them.

On the other hand the Lamar Stadium was largely privately funded but also funded by the STATE.  Not local.  Anything else?
[/quote]I don't think Butch World is a mistake. It adds value to BISD's educational support system. It will bring in extra dollars to the economy in several ways. BISD is definitely managing your monies to the fullest.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="883506" timestamp="1287768402"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=74791.msg883473#msg883473 date=1287766437]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=74791.msg883332#msg883332 date=1287756834]
[/quote]

[/quote]I don't think Butch World is a mistake. It adds value to BISD's educational support system. It will bring in extra dollars to the economy in several ways. BISD is definitely managing your monies to the fullest.
[/quote]

You are on the good stuff again.  Look at his salary.  They aren't managing anything to the fullest!

[quote name="whsalum" post="883565" timestamp="1287771398"]
Why in the world would a high school district entertain a motel chain and a convention center,this should be a city function.The BISD needs to go back to trying to educate kids which is (or should be ) their sole function.
[/quote]

Thank you very much.  They have a hard enough time doing what they are "supposed experts" at.  This is the last thing they need to attempt.

[quote name="whsalum" post="883565" timestamp="1287771398"]
Why in the world would a high school district entertain a motel chain and a convention center,this should be a city function.The BISD needs to go back to trying to educate kids which is (or should be ) their sole function.
[/quote]To help the area economy. To help bring in more room space for all the sporting events that will come to the area. And to help SETXsports report more sports and get more advertising ;D

As bad as everyone bashes Butch (and I'm not a fan either), he only does what the school board allows.  Replace them and then you can stop the madness.  I hope BISD taxpayers wake up before da Butch tries to rename the school district and the city after himself.  It's wild to watch how "in your face" he is. 

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="883795" timestamp="1287783784"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=74791.msg883565#msg883565 date=1287771398]
[/quote]To help the area economy. To help bring in more room space for all the sporting events that will come to the area. And to help SETXsports report more sports and get more advertising ;D
[/quote]Those are all noble causes but none should be the responsibility of the local school district and more importantly the tax payers of BISD.The out cry from taxpayers over the financial failures of Ford Park would pale in comparison to the can of worms this would open.Having sat on a school board for several years I can assure you this isn't a headache the trustees want or need.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="882836" timestamp="1287693890"]
Would be nice, but I am sure there are more important things BISD should be spending that 10 mil on, right bullets? ;)

It really isn't necessary. Ozen and Central have nice facilities, West Brook just needs better lighting. I don't imagine that would cost 10 million. ::)
[/quote]
no comment.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="885270" timestamp="1287857606"]
They aint using your money. I like the idea of a Hotel/Restaurant program for our area high school students. It would fit right into Lamar's degree program
[/quote]They certainly aren't or I would be on the front row demanding to know where it went.It amazes me how little most folks know about where their school taxes go .

[quote name="whsalum" post="885755" timestamp="1287880705"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=74791.msg885270#msg885270 date=1287857606]
They aint using your money. I like the idea of a Hotel/Restaurant program for our area high school students. It would fit right into Lamar's degree program
[/quote]They certainly aren't or I would be on the front row demanding to know where it went.It amazes me how little most folks know about where their school taxes go .
[/quote]Well I know were $120,000 of it went ....The 2 F250 King Ranch ford trucks for the Drunk to drive :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124

• @Big girl  @UT alum  @Boyz N Da Hood  
    • Nice deflection, too. No mention of Trump using an African American church to look like he’s the minority’s friend then walking out the back door and going to a white supremacist laced rally hosted by Charlie Kirk aka “The Civil Rights Act Was A Bad Idea”.  
    • Remember when someone said they were stepping away from this forum?  What a glorious 2 minutes that was.  Now, if I may attempt an impression, “You knuckle-draggers are idiots and I am going to sit here and ridicule you about everything!  (Tongue sticking out🤪)”.  
    • There was a national media outlet I used to love to watch.  I worked midnights for years and would come home and get caught up on all the latest headlines.  The anchors were humorous, had catch phrases and presented the sports hi-lights from the previous day.  They had fun segments where they would show the top 10 and not top 10 of the night or the week.  New ownership took over and started pushing agendas and politics.  Sports was pushed down to secondary status after indoctrination.  I phased out of watching the channel altogether.  Started watching again after years of being away because my favorite sporting event is exclusively on that channel.  Lo and behold nothing has changed.  They have complete segments dedicated to hi-lighting those on the “front-line” of social change and isolating 98% of the clientele who just wish to watch sports.  They have laid off tons of long time and popular hosts.  They have fired anchors for not bowing to their woke ideology.  Would someone step up and finally create another sports network to compete with the woke 4-letter network? Sad!!!!  Sports should be a refuge from the day to day grind.  Sports should be a haven to get away from wokeness.  You may now tune back to your regularly scheduled programming.  I am off the soapbox.
  • Topics