Plans are in place for $10 million BISD basketball arena

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="887424" timestamp="1288047044"]
[quote author=SHSTIGER link=topic=74791.msg887416#msg887416 date=1288046353]
Do not have the support of this Beaumont taxpayer.
[/quote]That's pretty much expected...  But I take it you supported the proposal to lay field turf in Silsbee, huh?  Expected as well...   ::) ::)
[/quote]

The money for the field turf in Silsbee is being raised, the way it should be. For the record I voted for the bond, and really think(thought) that BMT needed to spend money on schools and even supported the ''educational support center''. I however, don't remember a hotel/basketball arena being in the bond. Lot of projects left unfinished and if there is money left over it should be paid back against the bond principal or put into a rainy day fund. As I said before, the bond appears to have had a lot of slush money intentionally put in it for Butch and his cronies to spend as they wish. What about all of the other classroom related projects that were cut out of the original $800 mil. dollar bond proposal? I guess they really weren't important, huh? Oh well, I'm white and in your eyes probably a racist so what does my opinion matter, right?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SHSTIGER" post="887705" timestamp="1288060693"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=74791.msg887424#msg887424 date=1288047044]
[/quote]That's pretty much expected...  But I take it you supported the proposal to lay field turf in Silsbee, huh?  Expected as well...   ::) ::)
[/quote]

The money for the field turf in Silsbee is being raised, the way it should be. For the record I voted for the bond, and really think(thought) that BMT needed to spend money on schools and even supported the ''educational support center''. I however, don't remember a hotel/basketball arena being in the bond. Lot of projects left unfinished and if there is money left over it should be paid back against the bond principal or put into a rainy day fund. As I said before, the bond appears to have had a lot of slush money intentionally put in it for Butch and his cronies to spend as they wish. What about all of the other classroom related projects that were cut out of the original $800 mil. dollar bond proposal? I guess they really weren't important, huh? Oh well, I'm white and in your eyes probably a racist so what does my opinion matter, right?
[/quote]Interesting...  Good  points...  And BTW, no one threw the race card in here...  Don't accociate me with those kind of folk...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="887332" timestamp="1288041479"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=74791.msg887267#msg887267 date=1288036365]
Last time I checked soulja it doesn't matter where you are "from" it matters where you live. 
[/quote]So you are not from here, huh?  I see.  You go by he say she say.  Don't really know nothing, but think you know it because you hear a supposed qualified person ( yea right, whatever...  ::) ) make the statement... Tell me this.  What city and team do you support, guy?
[/quote]

Soulja, did he ever say what city and team he supports?

[quote name="Big Ford" post="887866" timestamp="1288094267"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=74791.msg887332#msg887332 date=1288041479]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=74791.msg887267#msg887267 date=1288036365]
Last time I checked soulja it doesn't matter where you are "from" it matters where you live. 
[/quote]So you are not from here, huh?  I see.  You go by he say she say.  Don't really know nothing, but think you know it because you hear a supposed qualified person ( yea right, whatever...  ::) ) make the statement... Tell me this.  What city and team do you support, guy?
[/quote]

Soulja, did he ever say what city and team he supports?
[/quote]No, he didn't...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="887843" timestamp="1288088104"]
[quote author=SHSTIGER link=topic=74791.msg887705#msg887705 date=1288060693]
[/quote]

[/quote]Interesting...  Good  points...  And BTW, no one threw the race card in here...  Don't accociate me with those kind of folk...
[/quote]

Alright Soulja, sorry about lumping you in with those kind of folks. I shouldn't have and I apologize.

[quote name="SHSTIGER" post="888035" timestamp="1288108450"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=74791.msg887843#msg887843 date=1288088104]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Alright Soulja, sorry about lumping you in with those kind of folks. I shouldn't have and I apologize.
[/quote] 8) 8) 8)

[quote name="SHSTIGER" post="888035" timestamp="1288108450"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I ain't mad at cha. Wanna throw race in? Go ahead. You folks do it all the time ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="888278" timestamp="1288125335"]
[quote author=SHSTIGER link=topic=74791.msg888035#msg888035 date=1288108450]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I ain't mad at cha. Wanna throw race in? Go ahead. You folks do it all the time ;)
[/quote] There u go BLUE you folks. ;D ;D ;D ;D

I don't currently live in Beaumont but I was born there, my parents lived and owned property there for years but honestly I didn't know I had to move back to have an opinion.If the folks that built and managed Ford Park haven't been able to make it profitable how do you you think the BISD could do it. I could understand a new gym if the ones there now were in disarray but that's not the case.Just a question here.If the gym would be for the kids who would the motel be for ???? As far as the Glen Beckits remark goes there isn't a racist bone in my body however a little common sense seems to associate some people with being racist these days .

[quote name="whsalum" post="888385" timestamp="1288139332"]
I don't currently live in Beaumont but I was born there, my parents lived and owned property there for years but honestly I didn't know I had to move back to have an opinion.If the folks that built and managed Ford Park haven't been able to make it profitable how do you you think the BISD could do it. I could understand a new gym if the ones there now were in disarray but that's not the case.Just a question here.If the gym would be for the kids who would the motel be for ???? As far as the Glen Beckits remark goes there isn't a racist bone in my body however a little common sense seems to associate some people with being racist these days .
[/quote]  AMEN

[quote name="CATMAN" post="888473" timestamp="1288144978"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=74791.msg888385#msg888385 date=1288139332]
[/quote]   AMEN
[/quote]Racism is dead!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="889002" timestamp="1288210564"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=74791.msg888473#msg888473 date=1288144978]
[/quote]   AMEN
[/quote]Racism is dead!
[/quote]

Those who  cry racism on a regular basis are, most often, more guilty of same than  whom they accuse.

[quote name="stevenash" post="889058" timestamp="1288215242"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=74791.msg889002#msg889002 date=1288210564]
[/quote]   AMEN
[/quote]Racism is dead!

Those who  cry racism on a regular basis are, most often, more guilty of same than  whom they accuse.
[/quote]There is no more racism! It's gone.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="889064" timestamp="1288215903"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=74791.msg889058#msg889058 date=1288215242]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=74791.msg889002#msg889002 date=1288210564]
[/quote]   AMEN
[/quote]Racism is dead!
[/quote]There is no more racism! It's gone.

Those who  cry racism on a regular basis are, most often, more guilty of same than  whom they accuse.
[/quote]
[/quote]I can't for the life of me see how you could think this is a racist comment ???You'll have to enlighten me Blue. just don't think this  is a school function,it wouldn't matter what color the board or supt was it would still be wrong.

The man BISD has already said no public funds would be used to build the "motel" and it would see if private investors would be willing to build and BISD students would use the facilities for a Hotel/ Restaurant academic program.

With the right planning, Beaumont could roll in some major athletic events with a nice looking athletic compound. Bringing in more money to the area AND giving a certain sports reporter more events to cover, thereby increasing his revenue/income and paying more taxes to Uncle Sam. Me and you could start a part-time business selling t-shirts during these events for extra income. It would help us pay our credit debt down.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124

• So buddy is the OC and AD and you have a head football coach interesting 
    • FBC transfer most likely will. He’s already been on several recruiting visits and has been looking decent on the camp circuit for only being a freshman. I don’t think his family will let him sit past this year though.   JV kid is decent but he’s not really anybody I think you want to rely on competing against good teams with. He has some moxie but he’s smallish and doesn’t have a lot of arm talent. I think he would stay and be a backup no matter what or switch positions if the FBC kid stays. 
    • Oh an institution can move away from God, and the USA is running away from God.  I am not trying to chase you off - this is a free site.  I just wish people would be more open to alternative view points.  The devil wants to sow division.  Nice to hear you admit that God is love.  I generally try to stay off this side of the site - would much rather talk baseball and small town sports.
    • I guess you heard wrong? All of the sophomore studs he grew up with are on varsity and several played great in the Spring game, 4/5 will start and the others are in the two deep. Only kid I heard about going to Dayton is the receiver that left to go to North Shore and he hasn’t even been playing football. Leaving was what he felt was best for his kid, sometimes you have to make those choices. My son would’ve left last year too if he could’ve gotten eligible, doesn’t mean I would’ve liked Crosby less.  
    • It’s always funny to me when present day republicans start talking about what 19th century republicans did, because you’re absolutely right.  Point it out and they get mad, though.  And I vote Republican 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Topics