Hardin-Jefferson vs. Hamshire-Fannett Game Thread/ HAWKS WIN!!!!

WOSgrad

IMO this game shouldn't have been this close.  HJ seemed to move the ball with somewhat relative ease, but almost every drive stalled with the 42,000 penalties - HOLDING, HOLDING, HOLDING!!!!!!!  I'm interested to know how many penalty yards the Hawks incurred in this game. 

For AAW & all Silsbee basketball fans, one of HJ's starting bigs went out early with a shoulder injury.  He is scheduled for an MRI on the shoulder Monday.  I'm sure coach Sutherland is awaiting the results with great eagerness.   

[quote name="bmrm" post="878239" timestamp="1287331886"]
IMO this game shouldn't have been this close.  HJ seemed to move the ball with somewhat relative ease, but almost every drive stalled with the 42,000 penalties - HOLDING, HOLDING, HOLDING!!!!!!!  I'm interested to know how many penalty yards the Hawks incurred in this game. 

For AAW & all Silsbee basketball fans, one of HJ's starting bigs went out early with a shoulder injury.  He is scheduled for an MRI on the shoulder Monday.  I'm sure coach Sutherland is awaiting the results with great eagerness.   
[/quote]Just another reason why basketball players should not play football in high school.  :o

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="878532" timestamp="1287345486"]
[quote author=bmrm link=topic=74496.msg878239#msg878239 date=1287331886]

[/quote]Just another reason why basketball players should not play football in high school.  :o
[/quote]

I believe the player in question already has a full scholarship in football. Basketball is his second sport.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="878532" timestamp="1287345486"]

[/quote]

Just another reason why HJ continues to beat HF in football as well as basketball because they don't feel as you do!!

[quote name="Zoneblock" post="878546" timestamp="1287345731"]
what a joke highschool players should play what ever makes them happy. its their highschool career play whatever you want.
[/quote]Not true sir. There are some high school players are being tapped as major D1 prospects in their respective sport. Their business agents sway them away from other sports and focus on the one sport.

[quote name="Castor27" post="879324" timestamp="1287380306"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=74496.msg878532#msg878532 date=1287345486]

[/quote]

I believe the player in question already has a full scholarship in football. Basketball is his second sport.
[/quote]Thats good to hear that football is his #1 sport. I know a kid in Humble area who has signed with Texas A&M football. Loves basketball and eventually hurt his knee this past summer in basketball. I'm hoping it doesn't hurt his football career. But those are the chances you take.

[quote name="redheaded stepchild" post="879344" timestamp="1287402182"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=74496.msg878532#msg878532 date=1287345486]

[/quote]

Just another reason why HJ continues to beat HF in football as well as basketball because they don't feel as you do!!
[/quote]I have nothing to do with HF and HJ outcomes. Many of  HF boys play at least two sports as well as HJ, I'm sure.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder