Huffman vs. Splendora Game Thread/Huffman Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

Guest jhamilton
Homes does not matter if CS rolls us by two hundred we owned you last night. Again do not lay this on Huffman bc ur people hand a hand in it as well. Now stop bothering me bc about to watch NY play Texas in a suite here in rangerland. Crawl back in your trailer and watch Green Acres.

Well maybe they woulda been there at the appriate time if there locker room wasnt a 2 mile hike from the stadium. Maybe You can suck it up and face it you got RICKROLL'D by huffman. Fact of the matter is it is disrespectful to do that. Coach mac sure wouldnt of done that to splendora @ home nor anyone else so why would anyone else do that. stop whining because u lost.

GO YANKS

beechnut, vela is not the announcer. How are you going to call someone a hick, when your screen name is Beechnut....that screams banjo and trailer houses....lol. anyway huffman is a good team, and will beat silsbee first round, but will not beat coldspring

Guest jhamilton
You fellers keep pointing put that we will get beat by CS right. Is that your out? My hick name bigen?lol come see me @ the Ballpark but you have to wear shoes. Bye

Vela was the announcer at the Jr. high game on Thurs. night but did not announce the Varsity game. The Varsity announcer has a script that he follows based on the time. School songs at a certain time, Moment of silence at a certain time, and National Anthem at a certain time, all timed out so that the coin toss and kickoff can start as close to 7:30 as possible. Most coaches know this and have their team on the field. As far as the two mile hike from the dressing room, Splendora's dressing room was the same distance. Huffman Coaches knew the distance from the dressing room because they were on the field warming up before 6:00. I know the bus did not drop the team off at the gate.

[quote author=RexFry link=topic=74493.msg877856#msg877856 date=1287285077]
Vela was the announcer at the Jr. high game on Thurs. night but did not announce the Varsity game. The Varsity announcer has a script that he follows based on the time. School songs at a certain time, Moment of silence at a certain time, and National Anthem at a certain time, all timed out so that the coin toss and kickoff can start as close to 7:30 as possible. Most coaches know this and have their team on the field. As far as the two mile hike from the dressing room, Splendora's dressing room was the same distance. Huffman Coaches knew the distance from the dressing room because they were on the field warming up before 6:00. I know the bus did not drop the team off at the gate.
[/quote
Wasn't there though, so can't judge, and I'm sure what you say is true, but most host teams wait on the visitors.  Unless Huffman was more than 5 minutes late, going ahead with the National Anthem was in poor taste.

[quote name="belle-mere" post="877945" timestamp="1287287870"]
[quote author=RexFry link=topic=74493.msg877856#msg877856 date=1287285077]
[/quote
Wasn't there though, so can't judge, and I'm sure what you say is true, but most host teams wait on the visitors.  Unless Huffman was more than 5 minutes late, going ahead with the National Anthem was in poor taste.
[/quote]

Why not 10 minutes? How about 15? Anybody consider it to be poor taste to show up to the field late?

Man, how did I not see this thread earlier. This is some funny stuff. I mean where else can ya hear someone from Huffman telling someone from Splendora to go back to his trailer!! (Somewhere here there's an analogy about some black pots yelling at one another or throwing glass in a rock house or somethin' like that)  Huffman definitely showed up and props to their kids. They should give Coldspring all they want in their matchup. But being the "old school" fella I am and a firm believer in the philosophy of more bad things happening to teams who throw a lot, and having seen both teams play, I will lean slightly toward Coldspring but a Huffman win is not out of the question. Both will represent the district well.

As for the Huffman folk who got upset, why are you blaming Splendora? The P/A guy follows an itinerary (thats "schedule" for you Huffman folk, poke, poke!) set forth and recommended by both the UIL and TASO. On top of that, it was homecoming, so being on schedule is even more paramount (thats "important" for you East County Splendora folk, poke, poke!) I am sure Coach Mac would not have done that, but no need to point fingers at anyone in Splendora either. I dont think that was high on Coach Nelson's priority list at that particular juncture (thats "point in time" for you folks east of the Trinity river).

Luke has spoken

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder