*BRIDGE CITY @ SILSBEE BROADCAST*/BC Wins/Comments

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="Tiger05" post="876597" timestamp="1287201763"]
I came to the game thinking about all the talk about Bridge City walking all over Silsbee

I saw a good Bridge City team tonight but not as good as advertised  ???
[/quote]

Really? Dude give credit where it is due. Have some class.

[quote name="Tiger05" post="876597" timestamp="1287201763"]
I came to the game thinking about all the talk about Bridge City walking all over Silsbee

I saw a good Bridge City team tonight [b]but not as good as advertised  [/b] ???
[/quote]

its easy to pad your stats and look invincible when this is your competition---

Shepherd 0-7
Vidor 2-4
Kelly 4-3
Stafford 2-4
H-J 1-5

[quote name="venom33" post="876639" timestamp="1287202823"]
[quote author=Tiger05 link=topic=74461.msg876597#msg876597 date=1287201763]

I saw a good Bridge City team tonight [b]but not as good as advertised  [/b] ???
[/quote]

its easy to pad your stats and look invincible when this is your competition---

Shepherd 0-7
Vidor 2-4
Kelly 4-3
Stafford 2-4
H-J 1-5
[/quote]

they played a decent game against kville too...

[quote name="Tiger05" post="876627" timestamp="1287202627"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=74461.msg876623#msg876623 date=1287202473]
Who cares how you "see it"? BC won .
[/quote]
Congrats on the "WIN" and good luck in the play-offs cause your going to need it  ;)
[/quote]

"win"???

ummm... they WON the game.
end of story.
are you that poor of a sport to where you cant even give credit to a very good BC football team!?
none the less... no matter how bad you want to insult BC in any way, just know, YOUR TEAM GOT BEAT DOWN BY THE BRIDGE CITY CARDINALS TONIGHT!!!
GREAT JOB MEN!!!

Stop ragging on BC.  Good teams dont turn over the ball.......BC was the smarter and better team tonight.  We had four, four...count them, four, four turnovers tonight.  BC caused one of them when it was needed the most.

Silsbee will go back to practice and the coaches will teach the young men how to carry the ball.  They know it hurts and they know it can be taught..... I can see drill after drill after drill that the coaches will give these young men.  I dont think they want to loose like that again.  Silsbee will get stronger.

I am proud of the effort put out by the Silsbee players.  Not happy, but glad they showed some desire.

Thanks to the BC Coach who said the nice words to #14 after the game.

Good game and good win by BC.  A few points, I would like to make.  First I was pleased to see the Tiger defense play better against the run.  However our secondary didn't hold up its end.  On one of the BC long pass TDs,  I was watching the matchup where the ball was thrown.  Not sure if we were running a zone defense,  but you could see the db just slow down and the receiver kept running full speed to be wide open.  Looked like the db decided to rest that play.  Another thing , we need to be able to run a play from under center without the snap being dropped! It looked to me like every time we were under center the ball hit the ground.  If the qb can't handle that snap let Rhone or Lane do it.  We should not have to try to run  on 4th and less than one from the gun. And when you are down in the fourth quarter, been running the ball well, why would you run an end around pass?  I was impressed tonight with a couple play calls but this one baffled me.  The Tigers definately have to cut down on the turnovers.  And from the BC side, why with 1:22 left, the Tigers with only one timeout and a first down, would you be running plays,instead of kneeling down to end the game.  The Tigers should not have had that last chance drive,  you never give a big play team a chance at the end.  It was a great night, great cool football weather unfortunately the Tigers came up short.  We will have to get our pay back in the gym!

First off this is not directed at the entire Silsbee fan base, there are some really good folks over there, but nobody chokes on "crow" worse than Silsbee fans on this board. When you see others (for example the WOS faithful Gas, Td, and others) give credit to the other teams it shows a great respect for not only the sport but for others involved. Some of the comments made after the BC game just are mind boggling! Lots of sour grapes and temper tantrum toddlers out there lashing out. Not a real good look for anyone, that's a shame any way you slice it. I'm sure Silsbee will continue to be a good program and be in the hunt come playoff time, they have a solid team and some really good athletes. It just so happens that they came out on the wrong end of the score tonight and BC played a better game. Give credit where credit is due every now and again even if it means giving it to the opposition. To all my Tiger friends good luck next week, to all those who are angry and pouting good luck to you as well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder