Lumberton vs. Port Neches-Groves Game Thread/PN-G Wins/Comments

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KHS 89
[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="869714" timestamp="1286592827"]
WERE is raideroldtimer he has rode you PNG guys all the way downhill this season. This should sprinkle in his cherios. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
[/quote]

He's packing up that horrible raider train horn....

Guest KHS 89
PN-G defense stops Lumberton inside the PN-G 5 yard line.

1st and 10 PN-G from Lumberton 30.

I think this one is over folks!

Good game Raiders!!

[b][size=20pt]WTG INDIANS![/size]

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="870014" timestamp="1286598529"]
I've never seen a QB hit as hard as Slumberton's was tonight.  The D was definitely making a statement.  Those boys are going to be really sore on that bus ride home.
[/quote]gettin' tired of the slumberton thing, not the first time you have used it, you guys won, great game, but the slumberton thing is getting old. 

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="870014" timestamp="1286598529"]
I've never seen a QB hit as hard as Slumberton's was tonight.  The D was definitely making a statement.  Those boys are going to be really sore on that bus ride home.
[/quote]

PNG wins a game and there district CHAMPS again ..... You want get past Central or LCM so don't worry to much! Even a blind SQUIRREL can find a NUT in his backyard!

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="870222" timestamp="1286626684"]
It means lumberton is 1-10 against PNG. The only win Lumberton has ever had against us is the one they brag so much about.
[/quote]

Then I can understand the point.  :)

[quote name="dont tread on me" post="870112" timestamp="1286602104"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=74153.msg870014#msg870014 date=1286598529]
[/quote]gettin' tired of the slumberton thing, not the first time you have used it, you guys won, great game, but the slumberton thing is getting old. 
[/quote]

Too bad 4 you.  If you don't like it,  you can stop reading my posts.  Suits me just fine.  I don't like that annoying horn blowing, but I'm forced to put up with THAT!

[quote name="NDNTime" post="869575" timestamp="1286591073"]
Did I hear right?  PNG moved DJ Schexnider to inside linebacker?  I hope they did.  He can be involved in every play this way.
[/quote]

You heard correct. Very good move. DJ forced both fumbles, had an INT, a sack, and a bunch of tackles!
The new LB from JV (#32 Peveto) played well also after getting used to the speed of the game.  He knocked the snot out of one RB! He's a big sophomore (6'3" 200).
I also thought #17 Hollier up from JV played well at CB. Especially with that hand in a cast.
LB Padia #24 was back after getting injured on the opening kickoff of the season and he played well as did LB #22 Segler. Lots of new names this friday night on defense.

png did move the ball at will tonight and they stopped lumbertons offense. lumbertons o-line probably averaged 190lbs from what i saw. lets wait another couple of weeks before we say the defense has got it back together. when png holds central or lc-m to 14, then i'll say we got it together. however, this is a good starting point. i am a png fan and go to many games but im just stating the facts. i did see a lot of arm tackling out there tonight and players that could have really "lowered the boom" on a few plays just stop like they were scared to hit. i hate to see that. again, im just stating what a saw. GO INDIANS

[quote name="forumfan" post="870330" timestamp="1286635254"]
png did move the ball at will tonight and they stopped lumbertons offense. lumbertons o-line probably averaged 190lbs from what i saw. lets wait another couple of weeks before we say the defense has got it back together. when png holds central or lc-m to 14, then i'll say we got it together. however, this is a good starting point. i am a png fan and go to many games but im just stating the facts. i did see a lot of arm tackling out there tonight and players that could have really "lowered the boom" on a few plays just stop like they were scared to hit. i hate to see that. again, im just stating what a saw. GO INDIANS
[/quote]

yes because PNG won't be facing 'midgets' the rest of the season, lol. Even though PNG put up close to the same numbers against Lumberton as LCM, I, for one, was more impressed with the way LCM played as a whole.
Add the fact that Lumberton had 5 turnovers (everyone knows you don't usually win with that many turnovers)...one giving PNG excellent field position which resulted in a PNG score and at least 2 when Lumberton was close to the endzone. Not saying that Lumberton would've won, just pointing out that LCM, Central, and the others probably won't have that many turnovers.
Should be good games when PNG faces LCM and Central.

Central will always be tough...they always have been when PNG plays them.  Central has talent and coaching.  Will be a good game between PNG & Central, at this point, not sure who will come out with the "W", but Central, definitely has my respect and I always pull for them, except when they are playing us.  If the defense for PNG continues to improve, I feel they will beat LCM.  I dont think LCM's defense can stop the passing/running game of PNG. Again, anything CAN and WILL happen on any given Friday night in Southeast Texas high school football.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="870242" timestamp="1286629492"]
[quote author=dont tread on me link=topic=74153.msg870112#msg870112 date=1286602104]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=74153.msg870014#msg870014 date=1286598529]
[/quote]
sounds like you didn't have your warm milk or your blankypoo  :D

Too bad 4 you.  If you don't like it,  you can stop reading my posts.  Suits me just fine.   I don't like that annoying horn blowing, but I'm forced to put up with THAT!
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder