Coogs Hacked by Indians

My name is Justin Aaron Kelm I am  a graduate of Crosby High School and  am a journalist and statistician. I write stories for the Crosby Cougars. I do independent stats as well.

By: [b]Justin Aaron Kelm[/b]

The Coogs came into the “Reservation” in Groves, Texas as they took on the Port Neches Indians sporting a 0-1 record, craving a win.  The night was awful and the Coogs couldn’t get anything going the game kicked off and the PN-G Indians came out with a furry, these Indians wanted to scalp the Coogs.  PN-G (1-1) basically wore down the smaller Cougars (0-2) and the gashes in Crosby's defense began to enlarge wider and wider after the Indians owned only a 10-0 halftime advantage. Honestly, everything about PN-G's second-half performance looked great, even though Crosby owned more first downs and total yards at halftime. Quarterback Brennan Doty for the Indians had the better night of two well-respected passers, completing 12 of 18 for 178 yards and four touchdowns. Crosby counterpart Dominic Merka was 14 of 33 for 193 yards and a score, but two interceptions. Here's the misleading aspect of Merka's night, though. The Crosby passer was 4 of 12 for 41 yards with two interceptions at the end of three quarters. The Indians had a 31-0 upper hand before the TCU pledge ever piled up his numbers.  PN-G's defense did not try to suffocate Crosby by any means. The Indians linebackers and corners loosened the space at the line of scrimmage and allowed themselves a cushion to cope with Crosby's speed and Merka’s skills as a runner and thrower. Crosby ran for a net of 15 second-half yards at the same time that PN-G's offensive line was bringing out the hammer.  PN-G's starting receivers showed good speed on this outing too. Amir Jalali grabbed five balls for 81 yards and two scores. Jayce Nelson looked like a faster version of Spencer DeRon, catching five for 58. Collin Gizzi had 2 for 39 and has seemed to be good for at least one big play night after night. Schexnider and Hunter Knox intercepted Merka who had two other disasters in the first half's final three minutes. A high snap sailed over punter Merka's head, setting up the Indians' first touchdown. Crosby answered back, moving from its 27 to PN-G's 21 in the half's final minute. Merka kept the ball on an apparent quarterback draw. Safety Tanner Jorgensen jarred the ball loose and end Christian Shetley claimed the free ball for PN-G on the Tribe's 14. The Coogs just couldn’t get anything going and all hell broke lose, but the only good thing on the night was when Merka connected with Wide Receiver  Willie Hebert for a 41 yard jack, making  the score 31-7 in favor of the Indians with 10:27 left in the 4th. After the Indians gave up the first score of the night, the Coogs defense couldn’t contain them; the Indians Brennan Doty had a 14-yard run and scored on the Coogs with 7:43 left in the game, making the Indians up 38-7 over the lonely Cougars. The Coogs couldn’t get anything going and the Indians just decided to run the ball till the final whistle. The Indians knocked off the Crosby Cougars, by a final score of 38-7.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="861402" timestamp="1285852163"]
Paragraphs are both fun and useful.
[/quote]

As is punctuation.

Seriously, if you truly wish to be a journalist, you not only need to pay attention to grammar and spelling, you need to develop your own style.

This piece, while full of information, was poorly constructed and pretty boring.  I'm not trying to be harsh, just providing constructive criticism.

[quote name="jkelmcrosbygraduate2010" post="861048" timestamp="1285802396"]
My name is Justin Aaron Kelm I am  a graduate of Crosby High School and  am a journalist and statistician. I write stories for the Crosby Cougars. I do independent stats as well.

The Coogs came into the “Reservation” in Groves, Texas as they took on the Port Neches Indians sporting a 0-1 record, craving a win.  The night was awful and the Coogs couldn’t get anything going the game kicked off and the PN-G Indians came out with a furry, these Indians wanted to scalp the Coogs.  PN-G (1-1) basically wore down the smaller Cougars (0-2) and the gashes in Crosby's defense began to enlarge wider and wider after the Indians owned only a 10-0 halftime advantage. Honestly, everything about PN-G's second-half performance looked great, even though Crosby owned more first downs and total yards at halftime. Quarterback Brennan Doty for the Indians had the better night of two well-respected passers, completing 12 of 18 for 178 yards and four touchdowns. Crosby counterpart Dominic Merka was 14 of 33 for 193 yards and a score, but two interceptions. Here's the misleading aspect of Merka's night, though. The Crosby passer was 4 of 12 for 41 yards with two interceptions at the end of three quarters. The Indians had a 31-0 upper hand before the TCU pledge ever piled up his numbers.  PN-G's defense did not try to suffocate Crosby by any means. The Indians linebackers and corners loosened the space at the line of scrimmage and allowed themselves a cushion to cope with Crosby's speed and Merka’s skills as a runner and thrower. Crosby ran for a net of 15 second-half yards at the same time that PN-G's offensive line was bringing out the hammer.  PN-G's starting receivers showed good speed on this outing too. Amir Jalali grabbed five balls for 81 yards and two scores. Jayce Nelson looked like a faster version of Spencer DeRon, catching five for 58. Collin Gizzi had 2 for 39 and has seemed to be good for at least one big play night after night. Schexnider and Hunter Knox intercepted Merka who had two other disasters in the first half's final three minutes. A high snap sailed over punter Merka's head, setting up the Indians' first touchdown. Crosby answered back, moving from its 27 to PN-G's 21 in the half's final minute. Merka kept the ball on an apparent quarterback draw. Safety Tanner Jorgensen jarred the ball loose and end Christian Shetley claimed the free ball for PN-G on the Tribe's 14. The Coogs just couldn’t get anything going and all heck broke lose, but the only good thing on the night was when Merka connected with Wide Receiver  Willie Hebert for a 41 yard jack, making  the score 31-7 in favor of the Indians with 10:27 left in the 4th. After the Indians gave up the first score of the night, the Coogs defense couldn’t contain them; the Indians Brennan Doty had a 14-yard run and scored on the Coogs with 7:43 left in the game, making the Indians up 38-7 over the lonely Cougars. The Coogs couldn’t get anything going and the Indians just decided to run the ball till the final whistle. The Indians knocked off the Crosby Cougars, by a final score of 38-7.

[/quote]So the Indians came out with a furry that night? I shudder to ask what that is.....LOL  :D
That's the only bad thing about spell checker, while it can correct spelling, it doesn't understand word usage as in [b]FURY[/b].

[quote name="hitman009" post="861499" timestamp="1285861758"]
he could work for the beaumont enterprise right now... sports section sucks....
[/quote]

Thank you. I feel so great. I could care less what you have to say. You need to get a life because I really could care less about football in high school. I am done with high school and am in college. Thank you all for the criticism. Graduated 25 in my class of 300 at Crosby. Did Dual Credit Classes. I could careless about SETXsports or high school. I am done and could care less

[quote name="jkelmcrosbygraduate2010" post="861923" timestamp="1285893035"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=73704.msg861499#msg861499 date=1285861758]
[/quote]

Thank you. I feel so great. I could care less what you have to say. You need to get a life because I really could care less about football in high school. I am done with high school and am in college. Thank you all for the criticism. Graduated 25 in my class of 300 at Crosby. Did Dual Credit Classes. I could careless about SETXsports or high school. I am done and could care less
[/quote]

Then why in the hell are you posting all of this?  No need to get your feelings hurt.

Guest octfeb
[quote name="jkelmcrosbygraduate2010" post="861923" timestamp="1285893035"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=73704.msg861499#msg861499 date=1285861758]
[/quote]

[/quote] The poor kid could care less... care less, care less.....

Actually, the proper phrasing is "COULDN'T care less", not COULD care less  ;D

Regardless...I am impressed that the young man hung everything out there, despite the critisism he was bound to take.  Keep workin', Justin.  What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!

Proud you are correct clowns is right. I hope this kiddo doesnt put down his pen and quit writing especially if he really love doing it. Shameful/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

My only point was that paragraphs would've been useful.  Surely that doesn't make me some type of shameless animal with no heart.  Admit it, it would have been easier to read with a paragraph or five thrown in the mix.  just sayin'

To jkelm if you are a 14 year old doogie howser type in college, I apologize.  If your serious about journalism, you are going to have to develop a thick skin because if everybody likes what you write, you won't have a job for very long.

[quote name="jkelmcrosbygraduate2010" post="861048" timestamp="1285802396"]
My name is Justin Aaron Kelm I am  a graduate of Crosby High School and  [b]am a journalist[/b] and [b]statistician[/b]. I write stories for the Crosby Cougars. I do independent stats as well.

The Coogs came into the “Reservation” in Groves, Texas as they took on the Port Neches Indians sporting a 0-1 record, craving a win.  The night was awful and the Coogs couldn’t get anything going the game kicked off and the PN-G Indians came out with a furry, these Indians wanted to scalp the Coogs.  PN-G (1-1) basically wore down the smaller Cougars (0-2) and the gashes in Crosby's defense began to enlarge wider and wider after the Indians owned only a 10-0 halftime advantage. Honestly, everything about PN-G's second-half performance looked great, even though Crosby owned more first downs and total yards at halftime. Quarterback Brennan Doty for the Indians had the better night of two well-respected passers, completing 12 of 18 for 178 yards and four touchdowns. Crosby counterpart Dominic Merka was 14 of 33 for 193 yards and a score, but two interceptions. Here's the misleading aspect of Merka's night, though. The Crosby passer was 4 of 12 for 41 yards with two interceptions at the end of three quarters. The Indians had a 31-0 upper hand before the TCU pledge ever piled up his numbers.  PN-G's defense did not try to suffocate Crosby by any means. The Indians linebackers and corners loosened the space at the line of scrimmage and allowed themselves a cushion to cope with Crosby's speed and Merka’s skills as a runner and thrower. Crosby ran for a net of 15 second-half yards at the same time that PN-G's offensive line was bringing out the hammer.  PN-G's starting receivers showed good speed on this outing too. Amir Jalali grabbed five balls for 81 yards and two scores. Jayce Nelson looked like a faster version of Spencer DeRon, catching five for 58. Collin Gizzi had 2 for 39 and has seemed to be good for at least one big play night after night. Schexnider and Hunter Knox intercepted Merka who had two other disasters in the first half's final three minutes. A high snap sailed over punter Merka's head, setting up the Indians' first touchdown. Crosby answered back, moving from its 27 to PN-G's 21 in the half's final minute. Merka kept the ball on an apparent quarterback draw. Safety Tanner Jorgensen jarred the ball loose and end Christian Shetley claimed the free ball for PN-G on the Tribe's 14. The Coogs just couldn’t get anything going and all heck broke lose, but the only good thing on the night was when Merka connected with Wide Receiver  Willie Hebert for a 41 yard jack, making  the score 31-7 in favor of the Indians with 10:27 left in the 4th. After the Indians gave up the first score of the night, the Coogs defense couldn’t contain them; the Indians Brennan Doty had a 14-yard run and scored on the Coogs with 7:43 left in the game, making the Indians up 38-7 over the lonely Cougars. The Coogs couldn’t get anything going and the Indians just decided to run the ball till the final whistle. The Indians knocked off the Crosby Cougars, by a final score of 38-7.

[/quote]

He never came on here and said I am a college kid. HE portrayed himself as a journalist, so if you are going to say you are a journalist be prepared to take criticism. Don't lie about your credentials next time...and a statistician? I play Madden that doesn't make me an offensive coordinator.

[quote name="pngfan1" post="862313" timestamp="1285934804"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=73704.msg861936#msg861936 date=1285893655]
You are a bunch of idiots jumping on a young kid like that what the heck is wrong with you guys
[/quote]
Kind of what I was thinking.
[/quote]

there are a ton of 19 year olds ... or younger on this site, that take this kind of heat all the time even  without posting something they wrote. It's a public forum...  :-\

[quote name="PNGFan" post="861190" timestamp="1285808402"]
The Reservation is in Port Neches..
[/quote]

Ain't if funny to see how fast png fans want to drop Groves.

Everyone say Port Neches................nobody ever say port neches groves

kinda make you wonder ???

[quote name="bulldogbacker" post="862327" timestamp="1285935815"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=73704.msg861190#msg861190 date=1285808402]
The Reservation is in Port Neches..
[/quote]

Ain't if funny to see how fast png fans want to drop Groves.

Everyone say Port Neches................nobody ever say port neches groves

kinda make you wonder ???
[/quote]

BECAUSE.......Pay attention now,  you may need to know this later.....The Reservation,  which is PNG's stadium,  IS IN PORT NECHES!
Groves is a totally separate town,  and it would be really hard to have a stadium in 2 different towns.

OK,  are we clear now?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics