Jasper vs Silsbee Predictions

I was surprised by the play of Silsbee last week in Newton. Spread hit on a few plays but was not effective consistently. Defense could not stop the running game of Newton and was also suspect on passes. Jasper will have their work cut out for them, but Silsbee's homecoming could be a disappointment for the home team unless they bring it together this week. JMO. Silsbee by less than 3.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="853502" timestamp="1285163053"]
I was surprised by the play of Silsbee last week in Newton. Spread hit on a few plays but was not effective consistently. Defense could not stop the running game of Newton and was also suspect on passes. Jasper will have their work cut out for them, but Silsbee's homecoming could be a disappointment for the home team unless they bring it together this week. JMO. Silsbee by less than 3.
[/quote]

Spot on....other than the score :D   I believe the Tigers will put it together this week.  It is time to take off the pink skirts, play like football players with pride.......every down.

At the game last Friday against WO-S ( the first half ) I have never seen a Jasper team that was so ineffective.Not saying they weren't trying or playing hard,they just couldn't do anything.First time in a long time Jasper has not tested WO-S.Guess I'll go with Silsbee on this one.

[quote name="GUNHO" post="854477" timestamp="1285272414"]
At the game last Friday against WO-S ( the first half ) I have never seen a Jasper team that was so ineffective.Not saying they weren't trying or playing hard,they just couldn't do anything.First time in a long time Jasper has not tested WO-S.Guess I'll go with Silsbee on this one.
[/quote]

I have not seen this year's version of Jasper (only heard), but they cannot be as bad as the Jasper team in '06. That year, Silsbee defeated them 35-0 in just over 2 quarters. A very bad storm blew in with about 8 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, teams waited for 15 minutes and then Jasper's coach decided to just end it.

I have said it many times, that was by far the worst Jasper team I had ever seen and I have seen many of them over the years.

[quote name="the sports guy" post="854429" timestamp="1285267312"]
[quote author=sxedoc link=topic=73285.msg854365#msg854365 date=1285263696]
i say silsbee by OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
9000 seconds of Jasper beating the O-Line up if they continue to block like powder puff queens. :D
[/quote]
thats not my problem at the moment:).

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="854493" timestamp="1285274840"]
[quote author=GUNHO link=topic=73285.msg854477#msg854477 date=1285272414]
[/quote]

I have not seen this year's version of Jasper (only heard), but they cannot be as bad as the Jasper team in '06. That year, Silsbee defeated them 35-0 in just over 2 quarters. A very bad storm blew in with about 8 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, teams waited for 15 minutes and then Jasper's coach decided to just end it.

I have said it many times, that was by far the worst Jasper team I had ever seen and I have seen many of them over the years.
[/quote]

Please don't remind us...I think we won 2 games that year. After the 1st 2 games, I am predicting us to win 2 - 4 games this year. Although I never believe it should be a sole excuse, there are a lot of younguns and they will get better.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder