Kirbyville/WOS game will be played

AggiesAreWe

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="851762" timestamp="1284948132"]
WOS has canceled their game this week with Giddings but they will play Kirbyville the following week, Oct. 2 @ WOS, per Coach Hooks.

The Mustangs will not practice this week but the players and coaches will come back next Monday to prepare for Kirbyville.
[/quote]

As stated in a previous thread this is going to be a tough one.  First game back and it being at WOS is going to be very emotional.  I know that you will be there working the game as I will and it's going to be tough.  I can honestly tell you that I will be a fan of both teams and most likely a bigger fan of WOS.  I just don't know how I will prepare for that game.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="851833" timestamp="1284953952"]
I will never feel the same sitting in my seat again. When I was told that he had died Friday I almost passed out myself. It will definitely be an emotional night.
[/quote]

The wins and losses just don't seem to be as important as before. Enjoying and appreciating the effort given by the boys from both teams seems to be way more important. I just want our boys to go out and play hard. If we win we win if we lose we lose.

[quote name="td" post="851835" timestamp="1284954149"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=73198.msg851833#msg851833 date=1284953952]
I will never feel the same sitting in my seat again. When I was told that he had died Friday I almost passed out myself. It will definitely be an emotional night.
[/quote]

The wins and losses just don't seem to be as important as before. Enjoying and appreciating the effort given by the boys from both teams seems to be way more important. I just want our boys to go out and play hard. If we win we win if we lose we lose.
[/quote]

Me too, bro. Me too. Seeing them take the field again will be a victory within itself.

The responce of the SETX community has been nothing short of "Rita like" with the tragic death of this fine young man. The only thing that can compare to the support that the area has shown for WOS and the Garrett family is how the area responded to help one another after both of the recent hurricanes.

This storm is much more localized and the damage is soooo much more personal, but when things get tough, SETX responds and some of the very best traits that I have seen in people have been shown when the need has been the greatest.

Know that prayers went out from Evadale to WOS even before the game ended in Colmesneil last Friday as I know they went out from every stadium in the area and from anyone who heard of this tragic passing. Know that prayers will continue and while there is little that can be done other than prayer know that SETX stands with WOS.

To the Garrett family, WOS players, coaches and students, residents of the WOS community. For the remainder of this season we in SETX will all be the 12th man for WOS remembering your #12!

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="GUNHO" post="851882" timestamp="1284986570"]
Yes it will be a very tough night.The wins and losses will not be important this season...at least for me.

The way Kirbyville and the rest of the towns have responded I really have no desire in beating them.Our surrounding towns are nothing short of classy.
[/quote]

i agree but as a Kirbyville fan how could you go into it wanting to win it either?  Do we have to keep score, cant they just turn the scoreboard off and let them play for the love of the game and Reggie and forget about winning and losing!  I know they cant but that would be awesome!!

[quote name="rykerx144" post="851890" timestamp="1284988061"]
[quote author=GUNHO link=topic=73198.msg851882#msg851882 date=1284986570]
Yes it will be a very tough night.The wins and losses will not be important this season...at least for me.

The way Kirbyville and the rest of the towns have responded I really have no desire in beating them.Our surrounding towns are nothing short of classy.
[/quote]

i agree but as a Kirbyville fan how could you go into it wanting to win it either?  Do we have to keep score, cant they just turn the scoreboard off and let them play for the love of the game and Reggie and forget about winning and losing!  I know they cant but that would be awesome!!
[/quote]

That is extremely admirable, Ryker!

Im trying to get things done here at the office this morning, but cant seem to focus. I still dont know what to say or do. I understand life goes on, but its very hard to get back in a rythym. I cant imagine what the players and classmates are doing right now. I hope they can perservere and bounce back.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well said Ryker!

[quote name="kicker" post="851904" timestamp="1284988982"]
Im trying to get things done here at the office this morning, but cant seem to focus. I still dont know what to say or do. I understand life goes on, but its very hard to get back in a rythym. I cant imagine what the players and classmates are doing right now. I hope they can perservere and bounce back.
[/quote]

Most of them met alot over the weekend. I think that helped but it's still a difficult time for all of them, all of us for that matter. Alot of tears were shead and a little laughter. They have extra counselers at school this morning and I hope the kids take advantage of them. Not sure if you have been to the field since Friday night or not but just being there seems to give you a little peace. We took the boys there yesterday and it definatley brought out questions. Which is a good thing. Answers were the hard part.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought about that to...who would want to be the first team to play wo-s.A lot of mixed emotions for this first game back.This will be the toughest for both teams emotionally.

[quote name="td" post="851918" timestamp="1284989820"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=73198.msg851904#msg851904 date=1284988982]
[/quote]

Most of them met alot over the weekend. I think that helped but it's still a difficult time for all of them, all of us for that matter. Alot of tears were shead and a little laughter. They have extra counselers at school this morning and I hope the kids take advantage of them. Not sure if you have been to the field since Friday night or not but just being there seems to give you a little peace. We took the boys there yesterday and it definatley brought out questions. Which is a good thing. Answers were the hard part.
[/quote]

I havent been to the field yet T, I cant find myself going out there yet. I have a memory of something I saw that I dont want to relive just yet. Im so sorry from the bottom of my heart for the kids and family. I wish there was something I could do.

Guest rykerx144
Thats obvious, I dont see how they could ever be ready by then.  I cant imagine how they feel right now.  I know that the sooner they can get back to normal (well i guess itll never be normal but as close as they can) the better it will be for the kids.  This is going to be tough for everyone!

I know that WOS has to have that first game back at some point and I am sure #12 himself would want them to get right back to it. But from Kirbyville's perspective how can there be any thought of winning this game? How can there be any thought of not giving it 112% and trying to win? WOS was the game I looked most forward to hoping to finaly get a clear win. Now I dont know how to feel. If WOS is not ready and we beat them what would that win mean to us?
If we do not respect them and give it all we got what does that win to them?
If WOS gives it their all under the circumstance and come up short what does it mean to either team?

The only happy ending if you can call it that is for WOS to give it their all and wins a hard fought game in OT like last year.
I have to root for the 'Cats but for now can't root against WOS.

I see exactly what yall are talking about. I have a feeling that these kids will pull together. i know the coaching staff for WOS very well.The way they teach these kids, is to prepare for lifes curveballs. I havent posted on what I think, because I havent wanted anyone to get the wrong idea of what I am about to say. I have lost a teammate in college, he was also my roomate. I was devistated. I didnt want to do anything. The coaches forced us to practice and ge back into a normal rythm. It sounds crappy, iknow, but the best way to get these kids to grieve a little less is to get them back into the routine that they were used to. trust me, it helped me way back when. It made me a stronger player and person. I didnt take practices for granted and learned to live my life to the fullest every single day. It is VERY important to get the kids back on as normal of a schedule they can. to some of these kids, the coaches are their role models and the players are their brothers. It is a family, not just a team. Win or lose, we have to get them back into their normal routine. I promise, it will help. I really know from experience. God bless those kids......from all my heart.

During the interview with Hooks when the boys come into the locker room the first question they ask is "Are they going to cancel the next game?" These players have real heart and I know that they want to get back onto the feild out of love and respect for their team mate. It has all of the makings of a Hollywood movie but unfortunately it's all too real.

[quote name="kville" post="851975" timestamp="1284993858"]
I know that WOS has to have that first game back at some point and I am sure #12 himself would want them to get right back to it. But from Kirbyville's perspective how can there be any thought of winning this game? How can there be any thought of not giving it 112% and trying to win? WOS was the game I looked most forward to hoping to finaly get a clear win. Now I dont know how to feel. If WOS is not ready and we beat them what would that win mean to us?
If WOS gives it their all under the circumstance and come up short what does it mean to either team?

The only happy ending if you can call it that is for WOS to give it their all and wins a hard fought game in OT like last year.
[/quote]

I really understand and respect your post. If Kville is WOS next opponent the game will not be played with the same rival intensity but will be played more so with respect. You should also know Kville or whoever is next, no matter who wins or what the score is, you will have helped WOS on their slow road to recovery. You will be a benefit to them.

[quote name="mat" post="852056" timestamp="1284998493"]
[quote author=kville link=topic=73198.msg851975#msg851975 date=1284993858]

[/quote]

I really understand and respect your post. If Kville is WOS next opponent the game will not be played with the same rival intensity but will be played more so with respect. You should also know Kville or whoever is next, no matter who wins or what the score is, you will have helped WOS on their slow road to recovery. You will be a benefit to them.
[/quote]

Absolutely. It would be a disservice to our kids if Kville didn't give it their all. I know they will and that will be a great way of respecting our program and Reggie and his teammates.

[quote name="td" post="852081" timestamp="1285001344"]
[quote author=mat link=topic=73198.msg852056#msg852056 date=1284998493]
[quote author=kville link=topic=73198.msg851975#msg851975 date=1284993858]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Absolutely. It would be a disservice to our kids if Kville didn't give it their all. I know they will and that will be a great way of respecting our program and Reggie and his teammates.
[/quote]

I am sure Alvarez will adress this very notion next week in preparing for the game.  He will not ask his players to take it easy but to give it their all for the simple fact that it will benefit all players involved in the game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn