District 10-2a D1 Who wins it The whack, Newton, Cougars, Hornets who ya got?

Guest Jmeek

Who will win the District?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the District?

• Hardin
    • Anahuac
    • Woodville
    • Buna
    • Kountze
    • Newton
    • East Chambers
    • Warren

I think people are reading way too much into Newton's loss to Kirbyville.

Newton is customarily rough at the start of the season.
I also think people look at the score and assume it means Newton is not that good.  The truth is Kirbyville is likely much better than you think.

This year's Kirbyville squad may well be as good as the K'ville peeps thought they were the past few.  (And that comment is not meant to be disparaging in any way.)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Hotrodg" post="848644" timestamp="1284666933"]

I also think people look at the score and assume it means Newton is not that good.  The truth is Kirbyville is likely much better than you think.

This year's Kirbyville squad may well be as good as the K'ville peeps thought they were the past few.  (And that comment is not meant to be disparaging in any way.)
[/quote] Yes Newton plays bad every 1st game of the Season, even in 98 when they won the state 3a title they had a terrible first game vs WOS, I really think that Newton will be way to much for Anahuac and I really think Newton will blow them out the water. Hope thats does'nt hurt your feelings but facts or facts The panthers have a long way to go before they are on a Newton , Kville , WOS type athletes

[quote name="Hotrodg" post="848644" timestamp="1284666933"]

[glow=red,2,300]I also think people look at the score and assume it means Newton is not that good.[/glow]  The truth is [glow=red,2,300]Kirbyville is likely much better than you think.[/glow]

[/quote]

1st highlighted section:  never said they weren't good, but they might not be as strong as years past
2nd highlighted section:  SOSDD

[quote name="SouthArise" post="848683" timestamp="1284670848"]
[quote author=Hotrodg link=topic=72926.msg848644#msg848644 date=1284666933]

I also think people look at the score and assume it means Newton is not that good.  The truth is Kirbyville is likely much better than you think.

This year's Kirbyville squad may well be as good as the K'ville peeps thought they were the past few.  (And that comment is not meant to be disparaging in any way.)
[/quote] Yes Newton plays bad every 1st game of the Season, even in 98 when they won the state 3a title they had a terrible first game vs WOS, [b]I really think [/b] that Newton will be way to much for Anahuac and [b]I really think[/b] Newton will blow them out the water. Hope thats does'nt hurt your feelings but facts or facts The panthers have a long way to go before they are on a Newton , Kville , WOS type athletes
[/quote]

Don't get ahead of yourself there...everyone knows we have the athletes here that are on the same level as those other schools...maybe not as many as WOS cause there a bigger school, but K'ville & Newton for sure.  Why is it so hard for you just to say Newton may have a down year?  Do we not get the free pass where we always play bad in our first game too?

[move][size=16pt]I really think.[/size]..[/move] 

[quote name="Anafanatic" post="848684" timestamp="1284670999"]
[quote author=Hotrodg link=topic=72926.msg848644#msg848644 date=1284666933]

[glow=red,2,300]I also think people look at the score and assume it means Newton is not that good.[/glow]  The truth is [glow=red,2,300]Kirbyville is likely much better than you think.[/glow]

This year's Kirbyville squad may well be as good as the K'ville peeps thought they were the past few.  (And that comment is not meant to be disparaging in any way.)
[/quote]

Everybody needs to understand that Newton played like a undercoached JV vs Kirbyville they had a very Terrible game, I think Kville is for real in 3a. They have one of the very key things you need to win a title,A great RB that knows the road ahead.

This is like being on the playground at recess in the third grade, my dad can beat up your dad, no he can't either. Anahuac has improved as a team and program over where they used to be. People seem to think athletes populate one school district and are banned or something in others. This is a ridiculous statement. Proper training and motivation are the two biggest differences between like size schools in most years. Newton has had a program that they have adhered to for many years and it has proven that it works. Newton's coach Barbay always mixes and matches lineups during the first few games hunting the best way to build a team, not build stars, and this has proven to be very effective. Sometimes early on lineups don't work. Anahuac's coach Barbay has seen this strategy his entire life and I would assume in some way emulates it. On the night of October 29 we should see two good programs go at it. I think my Eagles will be ready by then and on track to improving play week in and week out. I imagine Anahuac will be doing the same. Good luck to both squads.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="848704" timestamp="1284673575"]
This is like being on the playground at recess in the third grade, my dad can beat up your dad, no he can't either. Anahuac has improved as a team and program over where they used to be. People seem to think athletes populate one school district and are banned or something in others. This is a ridiculous statement. Proper training and motivation are the two biggest differences between like size schools in most years. Newton has had a program that they have adhered to for many years and it has proven that it works. Newton's coach Barbay always mixes and matches lineups during the first few games hunting the best way to build a team, not build stars, and this has proven to be very effective. Sometimes early on lineups don't work. Anahuac's coach Barbay has seen this strategy his entire life and I would assume in some way emulates it. On the night of October 29 we should see two good programs go at it. I think my Eagles will be ready by then and on track to improving play week in and week out. I imagine Anahuac will be doing the same. Good luck to both squads.
[/quote]

Well said and very true...

Now, parking lot dude!!!! ;D

[quote name="Anafanatic" post="848708" timestamp="1284674156"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=72926.msg848704#msg848704 date=1284673575]
[/quote]

[/quote]  Im just going by who they play and who Newton has played in the past they just don't match up .Anahuac has talent that rivals teams like Buna East chambers. I really dont understand why some people are so fake on here . Ive seen Anahuac play they have athletes but not near as many as a Newton or Kville do year in and year out. Cant wait to see the game but I just dont think the outcome will be that great

Off top, Newton is Newton and always will be Newton.  They got this hands down.  As for EC and Anahuac, they haven't done a whole lot these past 10 years either so what makes you think that you are so much better than Hardin.  Hardin has been in the playoffs just as many times in any sport as you guys the past 10 years(in 2a and 3a).  This is a new season and anybody can win.  Hardin has just as much of a chance as you guys.  Not saying that Hardin will beat either one of you but just saying you're not as good as you think you are.  With that being said....Newton is first and Hardin, Anahuac, EC, Woodville, Buna are all battling for 2nd and 3rd.  JMO...

Whatever your opinions, whatever your hometown, it'll be settled on the gridiron not on here. As I have posted several times already this season, this is going to be fun watching scores every Friday night coming out of this district.  No doubt, Newton, Anahuac are the best of the best, but Buna, EC, Woodville and Hardin will be fighting every week to claim that 3rd playoff spot.  Buna has one of the best defenses around with a solid running game behind a solid line, Woodville has numerous athletes and will be a bit unfamiliar to some of the district foes, EC has the D1 QB and a blossoming runningback, and Hardin just lets it all hang out on every play. Good luck to all.   GO COUGARS!!!  See you in Hemphill....

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="Texasdude281" post="848799" timestamp="1284684417"]
Hardin has been in the playoffs just as many times in any sport as you guys the past 10 years(in 2a and 3a). 
[/quote]

Incorrect. Hardin does not have a 15 year playoff streak like EC currently does. Hardin didn't make the playoffs last year.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="848878" timestamp="1284688550"]
[quote author=Texasdude281 link=topic=72926.msg848799#msg848799 date=1284684417]
Hardin has been in the playoffs just as many times in any sport as you guys the past 10 years(in 2a and 3a). 
[/quote]

Incorrect. Hardin does not have a 15 year playoff streak like EC currently does. Hardin didn't make the playoffs last year.
[/quote]

Before you start talking iisshh, i said the last 10 years not 15.  And i wasn't being precise.

BTW..if they were in 3a with Hardin during those years then they wouldn't have a streak of however long it is.  If you say 15, we'll go with that.  I really don't care.

[quote name="SouthArise" post="848772" timestamp="1284682329"]
[quote author=Anafanatic link=topic=72926.msg848708#msg848708 date=1284674156]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=72926.msg848704#msg848704 date=1284673575]
[/quote]

[/quote]  Im just going by who they play and who Newton has played in the past they just don't match up .Anahuac has talent that rivals teams like Buna East chambers. I really dont understand why some people are so fake on here . Ive seen Anahuac play they have athletes but not near as many as a Newton or Kville do year in and year out. Cant wait to see the game but I just dont think the outcome will be that great
[/quote]
Seeming to express an overall knowledge without acounting does nothing to bolster your case. Anahuac has not had the coach long enough for seventh and eighth graders to come through the system such as Kirbyville and Newton that you claim have superior athletes. Your year in and year out theory don't wash. There's a reason and it ain't breeding. Kirbyville didn't have them prior to Alverez. Newton didn't have them prior to Thompson(pre 1968).

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="Texasdude281" post="848902" timestamp="1284689816"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=72926.msg848878#msg848878 date=1284688550]
[quote author=Texasdude281 link=topic=72926.msg848799#msg848799 date=1284684417]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Before you start talking iisshh, i said the last 10 years not 15.  And i wasn't being precise.

BTW..if they were in 3a with Hardin during those years then they wouldn't have a streak of however long it is.  If you say 15, we'll go with that.  I really don't care.
[/quote]

Perhaps you don't understand your own words. If Hardin did not make the playoff last year (which they did not), they do not have "as good of a record" as EC as you stated, regardless of the time frame, be it 10 years or 15. 15 is simply a fact for EC. I know times in that period Hardin did sit at home while EC always advanced, so your statement cannot be true. The "3A" mention of past years is irrelevant, everyone plays in the classification they fit in. 

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="849056" timestamp="1284726713"]
[quote author=Texasdude281 link=topic=72926.msg848902#msg848902 date=1284689816]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=72926.msg848878#msg848878 date=1284688550]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Perhaps you don't understand your own words. If Hardin did not make the playoff last year (which they did not), they do not have "as good of a record" as EC as you stated, regardless of the time frame, be it 10 years or 15. 15 is simply a fact for EC. I know times in that period Hardin did sit at home while EC always advanced, so your statement cannot be true. The "3A" mention of past years is irrelevant, everyone plays in the classification they fit in.   
[/quote]

Perhaps you don't understand the word precise!!  I wasn't meaning every single year.  It was my opinion so how can i not understand it? If i said the last 10 years then that's what i meant and they were in 3A in this decade.  Once again I don't care about the last 15yrs i said the last 10.  Get you some business before you get your feelings hurt.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="Texasdude281" post="849100" timestamp="1284732067"]
Perhaps you don't understand the word precise!!  I wasn't meaning every single year.  It was my opinion so how can i not understand it? If i said the last 10 years then that's what i meant and they were in 3A in this decade.  Once again I don't care about the last 15yrs i said the last 10.  Get you some business before you get your feelings hurt.
[/quote]

OK, lets reread "your words":

"Hardin has been in the playoffs [u]just[/u] [u]as many times[/u] in any sport as you guys the past 10 years(in 2a and 3a)."  

You said "precisely" that Hardins playoff record is at least as good as others. Now please think - Hardin missing the playoffs last year, [i]precludes Hardins record being as good as EC's[/i], be it for 2 years, 5 years, [u]10 years[/u], or whatever. Period. Sounds like your feelings are hurt, certainly not mine!  

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="848878" timestamp="1284688550"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Newton trumps both of you! :D :D :D

[size=18pt]1st NEWTON[/size]
newton opened bad but have the athletes at
skill positions and the line to DOMINATE the district
race...

2nd Anahuac
Decent athletes over the last several years and
backs finding big success even if most their
yds did come from private school kingcaid

3rd Buna
Seeing a couple buna games this last couple years,
they just play hard. May not be the third best team, but
i do think they win the third spot.

**woodville/EC have the abilities of grabbing that third
spot for sure... maybe even 2nd if things go their way  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder