Can Nederland?!

smitty

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's not a better DC somewhere in the state of Texas?  Again, that would be left up to Neauman.  But in my opinion a change has been needed.  You obviously disagree.  State your opinion and why.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="847288" timestamp="1284484504"]
Change the DC to who, specifically?
[/quote]

I like the way you think!!  But that would be more in line with the HC's job.  Hummm, Dodge as our HC.  Now THAT would be a step in the right direction.    ;D  ;)

[quote name="rvbulldogs" post="847336" timestamp="1284486766"]
Todd Dodge may be looking for a new job soon.
[/quote]

[quote name="smitty" post="847303" timestamp="1284485600"]
There's not a better DC somewhere in the state of Texas?  Again, that would be left up to Neauman.  But in my opinion a change has been needed.  You obviously disagree.  State your opinion and why.

[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=72900.msg847288#msg847288 date=1284484504]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I don't have an opinion on this matter. I just wanted to know specifically what you were alluding to.

Do you want Pate back? Is that it?

Not sure what Pate knows about being a DC since he the offensive line coach all those years. 
I had no one in specific to replace the one we got.  Just stating an opinion that a change has been needed.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="847354" timestamp="1284487795"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=72900.msg847303#msg847303 date=1284485600]

[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=72900.msg847288#msg847288 date=1284484504]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I don't have an opinion on this matter. I just wanted to know specifically what you were alluding to.

Do you want Pate back? Is that it?
[/quote]

Guest strongend
The way to shut smitty up is to ignore his posts.  Hard to argue with yourself.  If you are lookin for a fight, he is the man.  Dont change his mind, just dont acknowledge it.

Oh, another newbie.  No fights here.  Just discussing problems as I/we see it.  Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean we can't continue to discuss.  Anyway, why are you even here if you can't handle what's being said?!    ???  ::)

[quote name="strongend" post="847504" timestamp="1284496961"]
The way to shut smitty up is to ignore his posts.  Hard to argue with yourself.  If you are lookin for a fight, he is the man.  Dont change his mind, just dont acknowledge it.
[/quote]

We haven't had a REALLY stout and legitimate defense since Mayhew, Cobb, Pilitere, etc were there. Still the same DC, Spell. Anyone can say "fire the DC" but if you go back far enough you will see that alot of the GREAT D-position coaches moved on. That may be where the problem lies. Coach Spell has had his day in the sun. His strategy versus Friendswood alone in 2001 was something to marvel at. Maybe he has lost his touch, I don't know. I haven't been there in a long while.
But one thing I do know is this...
The difference between a good defense and a bad defense is TACKLING! Fly to the stinkin ball, wrap up and drive through somebody! 

I don't really understand all the flack Coach Spell is getting. I was told a long time ago by an old coach, "It's not about the X's and O's. It's more about the Larry's and the Joe's!"

In my opinion there is more to a great coach than just winning.(and he has done a lot of that) Coach Spell is a man with integrity and passion who teaches the kids about commitment and character. He has had some great kids play for him and come up with some great defensive schemes. He has coached through the bad times(August) and the good(Neumann). His family and faith have helped him through both those times and he sacrificed time with both to coach "The Communities Kids." I think there are a lot of men young and old who would say that Coach Spell was a man that taught them about life as well as football. I have had the privilege to coach with and against him and can only hope that my 2 sons are lucky enough to be coached by him. I don't know if you could find a better Defensive coordinator out there, [u]but I sure as heck know you could do worse![/u]

Go Dogs!!

[quote name="EX-Ceauxch" post="847591" timestamp="1284503246"]
I don't really understand all the flack Coach Spell is getting. I was told a long time ago by an old coach, "It's not about the X's and O's. It's more about the Larry's and the Joe's!"

In my opinion there is more to a great coach than just winning.(and he has done a lot of that) Coach Spell is a man with integrity and passion who teaches the kids about commitment and character. He has had some great kids play for him and come up with some great defensive schemes. He has coached through the bad times(August) and the good(Neumann). His family and faith have helped him through both those times and he sacrificed time with both to coach "The Communities Kids." I think there are allot of men young and old who would say that Coach Spell was a man that taught them about life as well as football. I have had the privilege to coach with and against him and can only hope that my 2 sons are lucky enough to be coached by him. I don't know if you could find a better Defensive coordinator out there, [u]but I sure as heck know you could do worse![/u]

Go Dogs!!

[/quote]
Good Post!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder