Can Nederland?!

smitty

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?!  So where does the school district get the money to fund sports and coaches salary's? 
Can't wait to hear the answer for this one.    :o

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="846664" timestamp="1284415348"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=72900.msg846318#msg846318 date=1284388298]
You are right, anything can happen.  Only time will tell.  But it hasn't been pretty so far. 
By the way, I am a Nederland ISD taxpayer.  And yes, I believe in getting my money's worth.  Have not shown it yet though.

[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=72900.msg846295#msg846295 date=1284386984]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=72900.msg846221#msg846221 date=1284380869]
After what you have seen so far, what gives you the impression Nederland can hang with PN-G, LC-M and possibly Lumberton.?  Livingston is another one to keep an eye on.

[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=72900.msg846189#msg846189 date=1284367901]
central..p.n.g..Nederland...no particular order in 20-4a...No matter what Nederland does Smitty will always find something wrong. Sounds to me like you need a hug Smitty ....We can meet some place if you would like.  :-*
[/quote]
[/quote]I have not seen anybody else play ..but the dogs..Who all have you seen play? I think we will be ok for the simple fact Barrow has not ran but 5 plays all of preseason :D ...We did give Carson a chance in the 4th qtr  TO THROW IT AROUND...I thought that was a little late..It would have been a differnt game if Trevin would have been in the BH game... 4th down & 1 run the wild cat ...new set of downs inside the 10.. And at least 1 TD does not score if not 2 ..You also had Stampley out wich is our best OS linebacker...WOS was just good when they played us.
[/quote]
[/quote]
being a taxpayer has nothing to do with your opinions on high school football, your tax dollars are to educate our kids.
[/quote]

Is this your opinion on the subject?    ???

[quote name="Roughrider" post="846706" timestamp="1284418876"]
[quote author=Bulldog8 link=topic=72900.msg846668#msg846668 date=1284415631]
I would like to add, this is a young team and they will get better through the season. [b]If you ever played the game, you would know what I am talking about[/b]. YES THEY CAN; compete, get better, play hard, play with pride, give 100%, YES they will!
[/quote]

Smitty was too busy playing the skin flute when he was in High School.  ;)
[/quote]

Ha!  Wrong!  Still drinking the kool-aid I see!    ::)

quote author=19bulldog88 link=topic=72900.msg846820#msg846820 date=1284427144]
This is the same stuff he starts every year.

Neumann must have not played him and in his mind he was the greatest of all time.
[/quote]

More non-intelligent dribble.  LOL!  When one can't hang with the discussion then they melt into, well, what you see in this latest statement.  LOL!    ::)

[quote name="BaseBow" post="847064" timestamp="1284453107"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=72900.msg846706#msg846706 date=1284418876]
[quote author=Bulldog8 link=topic=72900.msg846668#msg846668 date=1284415631]
I would like to add, this is a young team and they will get better through the season. [b]If you ever played the game, you would know what I am talking about[/b]. YES THEY CAN; compete, get better, play hard, play with pride, give 100%, YES they will!
[/quote]

Smitty was too busy playing the skin flute when he was in High School.  ;)
[/quote]NO WAY.... NOT THE SKIN FLUTE :D
[/quote]

[quote name="smitty" post="847076" timestamp="1284461940"]
Ha!  Wrong!  Still drinking the kool-aid I see!     ::)

quote author=19bulldog88 link=topic=72900.msg846820#msg846820 date=1284427144]
This is the same stuff he starts every year.

Neumann must have not played him and in his mind he was the greatest of all time.
[/quote]
[/quote]

You call it kool-aid. I call it realism. I see that over the last couple of years, the dogs have had lots of injuries that have kept us from full strength. [b]If[/b] they get healthy and [b]stay[/b] healthy, I like our chances against anyone in district. It just seems to me, if they lose, you pick it up and run with it to bash the coach and his coaching staff.  I don't know if you were around before the Neumann years, but it wasn't good.

"O" Smitty likes to keep the pot stired up a little-bit ..When them dogs start winning maybe we will get something positive out of him ;).. """NOT""" Because he is not going to support the bulldogs even know he pays all those high dollar taxes... :D Where is Penny at when all this is takeing place? I know she is a big Smitty fan :o

[quote name="BaseBow" post="847127" timestamp="1284471810"]
"O" Smitty likes to keep the pot stired up a little-bit ..When them dogs start winning maybe we will get something positive out of him ;).. """NOT""" Because he is not going to support the bulldogs even know he pays all those high dollar taxes... :D Where is Penny at when all this is takeing place? I know she is a big Smitty fan :o
[/quote]

I'm afraid he won't be positive, no matter what. Being disgruntled is a way of life for some people. If they didn't have something to complain about, they would wither and die. It takes kahunas to be positive and some just don't have it. Plus, being negative is the easier road. Anyone can do that, even losers.

Wrong again!  After watching the product, I see nothing has really changed.  I do support the Dogs.  that's why I'll complain when I see no changes being made to right the ship.  True, unlike some, I am not a blind supporter.  Meaning, saying things are great when they are not.  I don't fool myself.  
Anyone that's been around awhile, knows how I feel what needs to be done.  But, rightfully so, those decisions are Neauman's.  But what also goes with that is he has to live with the end results.  Case in point, and I'll let you answer this one: When was the last time Nederland's defense ended the season in the top 3 or 4 in the district?  This ought to be an easy one for you.

[quote name="BaseBow" post="847127" timestamp="1284471810"]
[/quote]

Nothing gets better if one thinks everything is peachy-creamy, no matter how many times one says it.  To some, I guess, there is nothing wrong in the world.  Although things are falling down around us.  Like a 14 trillion dollar federal debt.  But to some's way of thinking, this is not a problem as long as you don't say it is!!!    ???    ::)

[quote name="baddog" post="847135" timestamp="1284473459"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=72900.msg847127#msg847127 date=1284471810]
[/quote]

I'm afraid he won't be positive, no matter what. Being disgruntled is a way of life for some people. If they didn't have something to complain about, they would wither and die. It takes kahunas to be positive and some just don't have it. Plus, being negative is the easier road. Anyone can do that, even losers.
[/quote]

See how easy that was for you? Like I said....kahunas. You will never get it.

Being positive doesn't mean you overlook the bad things and see the world through rose-colored glasses, it means you are able to withstand them, look at the bright side, and lead with dignity. No one respects a cowering fool with their thumb in their mouth.

The defense needs to tackle better. Wow, you must be a genius.

[quote name="smitty" post="847139" timestamp="1284473963"]
Nothing gets better if one thinks everything is peachy-creamy, no matter how many times one says it.  To some, I guess, there is nothing wrong in the world.  Although things are falling down around us.  Like a 14 trillion dollar federal debt.  But to some's way of thinking, this is not a problem as long as you don't say it is!!!    ???    ::)

[quote author=baddog link=topic=72900.msg847135#msg847135 date=1284473459]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought the question here was "Can Nederland?" ..... what you are discussing should be on a political forum somewhere. I agree 100% in speaking your opinion, as long as you keep it on topic with the question be asked. I myself feel the dogs will be fine, like they always are, and I also agree about the comment with staying healthy.  Everyone knows the dogs are full of surprises... so sit back and see what happens as district unfolds.  Rememer.... those kids and coaches read these forums too.  PLEASE BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING ON HERE!  ...... GO DOGS!!!!! -----DOGS1988

Well, let me tell you, genius, it's not the kids fault.  I look to other areas that has been a problem for years that has, IMHO, never been addressed.  Never blame the kids.

[quote name="baddog" post="847147" timestamp="1284474918"]
See how easy that was for you? Like I said....kahunas. You will never get it.

Being positive doesn't mean you overlook the bad things and see the world through rose-colored glasses, it means you are able to withstand them, look at the bright side, and lead with dignity. No one respects a cowering fool with their thumb in their mouth.

The defense needs to tackle better. Wow, you must be a genius.
[/quote]

What, you can't understand a comparison to prove a point?!  Man, this gets better every second.  ::)

[quote name="DOGS1988" post="847159" timestamp="1284475850"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=72900.msg847139#msg847139 date=1284473963]
Nothing gets better if one thinks everything is peachy-creamy, no matter how many times one says it.  To some, I guess, there is nothing wrong in the world.  Although things are falling down around us.  Like a 14 trillion dollar federal debt.  But to some's way of thinking, this is not a problem as long as you don't say it is!!!     ???    ::)

[quote author=baddog link=topic=72900.msg847135#msg847135 date=1284473459]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought the question here was "Can Nederland?" ..... what you are discussing should be on a political forum somewhere. I agree 100% in speaking your opinion, as long as you keep it on topic with the question be asked. I myself feel the dogs will be fine, like they always are, and I also agree about the comment with staying healthy.  Everyone knows the dogs are full of surprises... so sit back and see what happens as district unfolds.  Rememer.... those kids and coaches read these forums too.  PLEASE BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING ON HERE!  ...... GO DOGS!!!!! -----DOGS1988
[/quote]

It's just my opinion, but if certain changes aren't made by Neauman, again he makes these decisions, then Nederland will continue to finish in the middle if not lower.  I personally think if these changes are/were made, people would see a different product on the field. 

Anyone who has been on this forum long, knows what changes I preach every year.  But since you are a newbie, I'll re-state.  Changes are needed on the defensive side of the ball.  This is where championships are won.  But if people are happy with Ned's defensive play over these recent years, then people will disagree with this assessment.  Make this change, or changes, and people would see an immediate defensive improvement.  IMHO!    :o

[quote name="jake94" post="847208" timestamp="1284480517"]
Define what certain changes you are talking about instead of beating around the bush...
[/quote]

[quote name="smitty" post="847227" timestamp="1284481258"]
Anyone who has been on this forum long, knows what changes I preach every year.  But since you are a newbie, I'll re-state.  Changes are needed on the defensive side of the ball.  This is where championships are won.  But if people are happy with Ned's defensive play over these recent years, then people will disagree with this assessment.  Make this change, or changes, and people would see an immediate defensive improvement.  IMHO!     :o

[quote author=jake94 link=topic=72900.msg847208#msg847208 date=1284480517]
Define what certain changes you are talking about instead of beating around the bush...
[/quote]
[/quote]

What defensive changes specifically?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="847222" timestamp="1284481097"]
[/quote]

Yes please.
[/quote]

[color=red][font=Verdana][glow=red,2,300][b]AggiesAreWe ... 14073 posts, Jake94.....999 posts........I believe they have been around longer than you Smitty, and yet you call them Newbie's??????  Why don't you just answer the question being asked, or like Jake94 said, quit beating around the bush.  Repetitive posts like this are very annoying.  Just answer or move on please.[/b][/glow][/font][/color]

I've, again, stated many times, change the DC and Ned's defense would see an immediate improvement!  IMHO.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="847242" timestamp="1284481831"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=72900.msg847227#msg847227 date=1284481258]
Anyone who has been on this forum long, knows what changes I preach every year.  But since you are a newbie, I'll re-state.  Changes are needed on the defensive side of the ball.  This is where championships are won.  But if people are happy with Ned's defensive play over these recent years, then people will disagree with this assessment.  Make this change, or changes, and people would see an immediate defensive improvement.  IMHO!     :o

[/quote]
[/quote]

What defensive changes specifically?
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder