Can Nederland?!

smitty

I agree RRider....Football, it is.

Smitty, you pulled my quote,but didn't answer my question...do you have players on the field in Nederland playing Football?

I can read English and you haven't said anything positive about Nederland in your posts.  Makes me question your true intent on
this board.  Tear apart the Nederland Football Program right down to the middle schools.  I won't stand for it.
That is why I posted on here.  Nederland has more talent coming down the road and I personally am excited to see where it
takes us. Don't bash our coaches, either.  They do a fine job. Enough Said.

Go Dogs!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Roughrider" post="851223" timestamp="1284917499"]
[quote author=PN-G bandkid link=topic=72900.msg851173#msg851173 date=1284914757]
[quote author=willforever link=topic=72900.msg851155#msg851155 date=1284913407]
That's great, you got your college degree in 3 years!  Wow!  

That says a lot about you...

It's questionable how PNG BandKid jumps on this board and Smitty disappears..hmmm...
Use your laptop and desktop?  

Definition of POSEUR
: a person who pretends to be what he or she is not : an affected or insincere person.

No one believes that you are a NEDERLAND supporter (of course, this is for smitty).  I can clearly identify people with a degree in BS.
[/quote]

Ok, bud, it was a joke. I'm not smitty. Granted, the joke got a little out of hand, but it was just a joke.

And for the record, I don't have a college degree. I'm still in high school. My only point with the talk about the PN-G AP/LEAP programs was to counter your joke about the standard for higher education in Nederland. PN-G has a series of AP and LEAP classes that are taught by experienced teachers, many of whom have either served as college professors (one at LSU) or teach classes at Lamar now, thus allowing their classes to double as college classes thanks to co-enrollment with Lamar or the taking of the AP test, which in turn allows PN-G students who take them to reduce the amount of time needed to earn their college diploma. Nederland has several AP and LEAP courses as well, as do many other schools in the area.
[/quote]

Who gives a crap....This is a football thread.
[/quote]

It's a competitive rivalry.

No players on the field.  But I am a TAX PAYER that gives me the right to say what ever opinion I have.  So what's your point?!    :o  ???

[quote name="willforever" post="851349" timestamp="1284925476"]
I agree RRider....Football, it is.

Smitty, you pulled my quote,but didn't answer my question...do you have players on the field in Nederland playing Football?

PS -- If you won't stand for it, then sit down for it!  LOL!!  This is a forum for discussions.  If you don't like what's being said, or your little feelings get hurt easily, then go to the baking or knitting forums and leave this to those that can handle it.  IMHO of course!    ;D

I can read English and you haven't said anything positive about Nederland in your posts.  Makes me question your true intent on
this board.  Tear apart the Nederland Football Program right down to the middle schools.  I won't stand for it.
That is why I posted on here.  Nederland has more talent coming down the road and I personally am excited to see where it
takes us. Don't bash our coaches, either.  They do a fine job. Enough Said.

Go Dogs!
[/quote]

[quote name="smitty" post="851064" timestamp="1284905073"]
I've notice by you and a couple of others here, when you can't defend your arguments you get personal.  It's just been my opinion that Ned's defenses will get better when changes are made.    ::)

[quote author=dawgnut link=topic=72900.msg850790#msg850790 date=1284861467]
Does anyone know where smitty works, I wonder if they get their moneys worth from him. In my years I have found the most critical people are usually the worst offenders. Just a thought!
[/quote]
[/quote]

Your constant ragging on the DC is not personal? My whole comment is can you live under the same scrutiny that you put him under or are you just one of those that don't do anything and throw rocks at those that do!

We get your point, you have wore it out, you don't like the DC. Unless you are his boss and can fire him then get over it and pick something else to grip about!

That's what I thought.  You did say you pay Nederland ISD Taxes, however, you could live in Port Neches.  Probably don't have anyone attending NISD, either.

Nederland has a lot to be proud of on their fields.  These are kids playing a game. None of them get paid.  They work longer days than you do at work.  

Keep your negativity to yourself.  Just a thought?

I support Nederland Athletics.

Go Dogs!

dawgnuts, no, it's not personal.  First, I never use his name.  Second, my problem is performance, not with him personally.  Never has been.  
Plus, I work in the private sector where my performance is constantly scrutinized, as ALL jobs should be.  If I was payed by the taxpayers, then, yes, you, as a taxpayer, could criticize if I was not performing as you think I should.  

[quote name="dawgnut" post="851541" timestamp="1284937810"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=72900.msg851064#msg851064 date=1284905073]
I've notice by you and a couple of others here, when you can't defend your arguments you get personal.  It's just been my opinion that Ned's defenses will get better when changes are made.    ::)

[quote author=dawgnut link=topic=72900.msg850790#msg850790 date=1284861467]
Does anyone know where smitty works, I wonder if they get their moneys worth from him. In my years I have found the most critical people are usually the worst offenders. Just a thought!
[/quote]
[/quote]

Your constant ragging on the DC is not personal? My whole comment is can you live under the same scrutiny that you put him under or are you just one of those that don't do anything and throw rocks at those that do!

We get your point, you have wore it out, you don't like the DC. Unless you are his boss and can fire him then get over it and pick something else to grip about!
[/quote]

I had a child go through Ned and I live in Ned.  Why would I criticize one aspect in order for them to get better if I supported PN-G??   ???
Again, being a TAXPAYER gives me the right to say anything, within reason -- but YOU are not the judge -- I want.

PS - Do you work for the NISD?  

PSS -- Nothing gets better by constantly drinking the kool-aid and acting like a bobble-head.  Of course I'm not talking about anyone in particular.  Just a general statement.

[quote name="willforever" post="851563" timestamp="1284938436"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=72900.msg851530#msg851530 date=1284937334]
No players on the field.  But I am a TAX PAYER that gives me the right to say what ever opinion I have.  So what's your point?!    :o   ???

That's what I thought.  You did say you pay Nederland ISD Taxes, however, you could live in Port Neches.  Probably don't have anyone attending NISD, either.

Nederland has a lot to be proud of on their fields.  These are kids playing a game. None of them get paid.  They work longer days than you do at work.  

Keep your negativity to yourself.  I am sure we could get a message board about your job performance and say negative things about you pretty easily.  Just a thought?

I support Nederland Athletics. That's more important than who you are.

Go Dogs!

[/quote]

Interesting thought!  LOL!!!    ::)
Why don't we cut taxes here and play better defense???!!!  Again, LOL!!!    :-[  :o

[quote name="baddog" post="851610" timestamp="1284939721"]
You could always move. Go to Newton. The taxes are less and they have a very successful high school footbal program. You'd get more bang for your buck.
[/quote]

you are dead wrong here.

most of the transfers to CO have been for athletics.

'fraid you're the ostrich ;D

[quote name="ispeakjive" post="848639" timestamp="1284666293"]
[quote author=smiley93 link=topic=72900.msg848500#msg848500 date=1284654253]
Anyone who would make a blanket statement that the middle schools are the problem with Nederland's football program obviously isn't very well acquainted with Jack Lynch. 
[size=12pt][font=Comic Sans MS][color=red]You're correct...I'm not acquainted with Jack Lynch. No idea who that even is?! Don't really care as I'm obviously not talking about him  ;)[/color][/font][/size][/size]

Your budding superstars at Central may have had bad experiences, but your initial statement about both schoolsis just wrong.  It is not a coaching problem at Central it is an overall talent problem. [color=red][size=12pt][font=Comic Sans MS]I totally disagree, the player talent is what got the 1st win against CO in 10 years last year!! There actually is A LOT of talent at Central it's just not utilized by the coaches. And I later made an implication as to what middle school I was referring to anyways. [/font][/size][/color]

C.O. traditionally has more of the better athletes.   
[color=red][size=12pt][font=Comic Sans MS] That's probably a true statement BUT... from here on out that's mostly because of transfers too, because parents and kids from the CMS district don't WANT to play for CMS!!! Take a look at how many transfers were approved in the last 2 years!!! It is enough to open anyone's eyes!! Get a clue?! [/font][/size][/color]

As long as both middle schools are teaching the fundamentals of Neumann's system and replenishing the ranks in high school the middle school coaches at both schools are doing their jobs.
[/quote]

Smiley, you're either an ostrich or an idiot. 

C.O. traditionally has more talent.  Plain and simple.  That's not the case every year, but traditionally it has been.  By the way, I think you answered your own question when you said that Central beat C.O. for the first time in ten years.  Some of the more affluent neighborhoods are on that side of town and more of those parents make the investment in their kids at a young age as far as time and opportunities.  Because of that, more of those kids have developed athletically by the time they are in middle school than what you have at Central. 

The number of transfers has very little to do with athletics.  Most of the transfers are more for, shall I say, demographic reasons, than for sports.  Right or wrong there are some parents that don't want their kids going to Central for various reasons, none of which have anything to do with athletics.  Now, I am not saying that never occurs, but it is rare.  (On a related note, anyone that would transfer their kid for athletic reasons in middle school ought to have their head examined.)

At the end of the day, none of the wins and losses in middle school have anything to do with what happens on Friday nights as long as kids are taught the system and remain interested. 
[/quote]

It's strictly Neauman's decision, in which to succeed with or fail.  It's just my opinion that if a change is not made then we'll keep having this debate year after year. 
But thanks for saying I am entitled to my opinion.  There are many here that if it's differs from there's then one is not entitled to say it.    :o  :o    :o    :o

[quote name="outanup" post="851664" timestamp="1284942048"]
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. You seem to be passionate about this , why dont you attend a school board meeting and voice your concerns? Or better yet, set up an appointment with Neuman himself. Im sure he would enjoy hearing your spill.  :o :o :o
[/quote]

Thank you bulldogbacker!!! Finally...someone who agrees with me!! I knew I wasn't the only one seeing the truth!!

Unfortunately, when you have an unpopular opinion that rings truth (ie smitty) people don't like to hear it. The truth hurts! I don't believe one person going to a school board meeting is going to make a difference. Interesting thing is, when you get on these boards/forums, you see just how many actually are thinking the same thing?! NOW...if everyone had the balls to state their honest opinions at a school board meeting, MAYBE then something could happen. Unfortunately, Nederland has a reputation of blackballing players, people, families though when they don't "go with the flow".  Like it or not, it's true. I know a lot of people bleed black and gold and that's great! That might just mean you've never actually gotten out to see how else things could be run when one gets in a rut?!

To the person that defended CO Wilson and I guess coach Lynch....thank you for not making your comments about CMS, because there [i]is[/i] and [i]has been [/i] something lacking in the coaching department over there for some time. It just seems like common sense that Neumann would take into consideration what he hires at those levels, as these guys are setting the tone for HIS high school program. He could do a better job of building the entire program if he were to take an interest at THAT level too considering he's the athletic director...that's all!!!

I agree about the athletic transfers to CO Wilson.  My son played NNLL and Babe Ruth and several of the kids were zoned to Central, but by request of the parents, were transfered to CO for "Athletic" reasons.  Parents said that there was a better athletic program there and that's where they wanted their kids going.

Guest diehardbaseballmom
There is NO way all the transfers were for academic or demographic. Whoever said that was an idiot!!! It's very obvious that people transfer for the athletics program. Can't say I don't blame them but I would be looking at the deeper message you're sending the kids. Kind of like the kid that just quit Nederland and moved to PNG. Just because you're not happy doesn't mean you can just quit you're team and leave your teammates out to dry. That is one of the worst lessons those parents just taught their son!!! What a shame. The bigger shame is all those parents in Nederland that are teaching the same lesson in transferring their kids over to CO. EXACT SAME LESSON PEOPLE!!!!
Boy did this thread get off topic or what?!?
Back to the original question...Can Nederland?  Yes, I believe they can!!!

Obviously, since my life revolves around posting on forums where I have no children, I will put my unwanted 2 cents in here...

This is for snooty...ooops, I mean smitty

Being a taxpayer in a district DOES NOT make you a fan of a program, or a supporter of that program.  SInce all the tax money is disbursed into different accounts, your taxes could have gone into the science coffers...

Second, your anology of being able to criticize a coach's on field abilities because you are a taxpayer falls flat.  The won/loss column are a measure of the kids in that program, not in the coach's job performance.  The kids paly the games, not the coaches.  What then, is a measure of the coach's preformance?  That he prepares them for the games.  Period.  If the kids are sitting around, doing nothing, THEN you would have a point.  That, however, isn't the case.  Coach Neumann, from past performance, has shown that he prepares his kids QUITE well.  I beleive he is an AD as well...the 'Dogs bring EVERY team that they field, ready to go, so that shows his measure as an AD.  We now have the same thing in Bear land.  A coach who prepares the kids, and also an AD who works for all teams of the school.

Now, being that we have shown, by a preponderance of the circumstantial evidence, that Coach Neumann is doing his job QUITE well, I move that the court of public opinion convict you of the offense of being a hater in the first degree...  

[quote name="elhector1" post="852954" timestamp="1285092522"]
Obviously, since my life revolves around posting on forums where I have no children, I will put my unwanted 2 cents in here...

Being a taxpayer in a district DOES NOT make you a fan of a program, or a supporter of that program.  SInce all the tax money is disbursed into different accounts, your taxes could have gone into the science coffers...

Second, your anology of being able to criticize a coach's on field abilities because you are a taxpayer falls flat.  The won/loss column are a measure of the kids in that program, not in the coach's job performance.  The kids paly the games, not the coaches.  What then, is a measure of the coach's preformance?  That he prepares them for the games.  Period.  If the kids are sitting around, doing nothing, THEN you would have a point.  That, however, isn't the case.  Coach Neumann, from past performance, has shown that he prepares his kids QUITE well.  I beleive he is an AD as well...the 'Dogs bring EVERY team that they field, ready to go, so that shows his measure as an AD.  We now have the same thing in Bear land.  A coach who prepares the kids, and also an AD who works for all teams of the school.

Now, being that we have shown, by a preponderance of the circumstantial evidence, that Coach Neumann is doing his job QUITE well, I move that the court of public opinion convict you of the offense of being a hater in the first degree...  
[/quote]

Great post, elhector

1st of all, why do you need children to post here?  ???
How can one get so many things wrong. I guess to prove an invalid point. OK, what account does your tax dollars go into?  LOL!!  You can't ACTUALLY believe this??!!  You, me, anyone has the right to criticize any aspects of the school district or city hall in which one pays taxes to. Unless I guess one is a kool-aid drinking bobble head.  No one in particular with that statement.
Next, Neauman wasn't the source of my contention here.  Well not yet anyway.  The DC for Ned was.  So you got that wrong.  I should have known you were gonna get something wrong when you started of with a personal attack.    ::)  ::)

[quote name="elhector1" post="852954" timestamp="1285092522"]

[/quote]

Okay, Smitty, let me ask you this...is the coach who is the DC exclusively a DC, or does he have other duties as well?

In addition, does the DC go out and tackle, or blitz, or cover reveivers?  No, his team does.  In the world of high school football, you try to teach 15, 16, 17, and 18 year olds how to do all the above (if on defense).  In addition, you teach class.  SO basically, you are expecting pro results from teens who can't even join the military, drink a beer, and make life changing choices for themselves.  You are expecting a coach to get pro level results while at the same time, expecting him to be a hell of a teacher. 

Seriously, I'm glad most of the 'Dog faithful are more understanding about the realities of high school football than you are.  I'm glad most of the faithful of all the high school teams are more understanding than you are.  It's easy to sit on a perch and claim "a right" than it is to get down and dirty and teach kids, whether it be football, or history, or English.  Now, understanding that the answer to this question may be yes, have you ever volunteered as a coach, or a youth league official?  I have.  That is why I tend to be more understanding of those men who coach sports teams...because I have seen "fans" and "I pay my moneyers" such as yourself always being critical, yet never really understanding the dedication and work it takes to field teams year after year, and impart wisdom and desire into the young folk.  If you've never volunteered, try it sometime...not for the abuse, but to get a look at what it takes to make things happen on the field. 

Good luck 'Dogs...'cepting of course, for that one week against my Bears... :D

Nederland has a great DC, both as a person and as a coach. He gets the most out of what he has to work with. Injuries and ones ability have more to do with a coaches success than you give credit smitty. I have always believed you put Nederlands coaching staff across the field with the players that Ozen and Central field every year and they beat us hands down time after time. The boys at Nederland to me are always the ones who over achieve simply because of good coaching. I'm not sure why I gave you the time of day and responded to your post other than I know we have good men leading our boys. Let it go smitty, the cycle will turn, and all of a sudden our defense will be dominant again, and guess what, same coach!!!! For every bad fact you come up with, I can give you three good facts about our coaches. As far as middle school goes, Jack Lynch, ENOUGH SAID, coach like him and send them straight to varsity. If they don't leave middle school wanting to kick butt after playing for him they don't like the sport anyway....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami