Kountze Football

cake

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="844644" timestamp="1284232807"]
You'll didn't beat us because you'll were so great that yr. How quickly we forget our standout player (probably the first or second best player in setx ) that yr was hurt going into the game and I don't think he even played the second half

[/quote]  excuses buc... he played.... period  couldn't take the beating that night.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="TopDawG52" post="844760" timestamp="1284239006"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=72606.msg844644#msg844644 date=1284232807]
You'll didn't beat us because you'll were so great that yr. How quickly we forget our standout player (probably the first or second best player in setx ) that yr was hurt going into the game and I don't think he even played the second half

[/quote]   excuses buc... he played.... period   couldn't take the beating that night.
[/quote]

TT was injured well before that game. He was hobbled badly, but was incredibly gutsy and got through the pain he was in to play some that night. To say "[i]he couldn't take the beating[/i]" is ridiculously wrong. Besides, Kountze winning that year against a depleted EC squad didn't accomplish much, did it? EC made the playoff by blowing Hardin out of the stadium the next week, and Kountze stayed home--ONCE AGAIN. 

Kountze has the answer to their problems already there.Make Duane the AD and give him a free reign with BOTH programs.He won't play politics and you'll be amazed how quick the kids will buy in.Pay the man what he's worth to the district or you're gonna lose him to someone that will.FYI questioning Tramain Thomas toughness is ludicrous.TopDawg you are usually right on but I think you're talking with your heart on that one.JMO

In regard to Cake's comment .... Reread your comment and tell me what are you trying to say ??  It absolutely amazes me the illiteracy on this site.  You'll for you all or are for or ??  Good lord did we get our high school diplomas ??  If so where ?? 
I go to the games to watch a very dedicated group of boys who have worked their butts off play ball !!  No matter whether they win or loose I am there. 
As for the stupid things the coaches do..... Let's go back to the coaches walking off the field, first, I heard the whole speech and there was nothing wrong with what was said to the players.  When I played ball we were yelled at and were punished if we didn't do what we were told.  That is just part of playing sports.  Football is a tough sport and it takes tough individuals.  If those boys can't take any constructive criticism then I think they should not play.  Good lord what are they going to do when they get in the workforce and their boss yells at them for doing something wrong ??  Run to Daddy and complain so Dad will go talk to their boss.  I think not !!    This politically correct BS that goes on these days with coaches is exactly that, BS.  Were you there to hear what was said to them ??  He told them numerous times to run a play and they continually ran it wrong.  Now I guess he was tired of them wasting his and their time and he gave them a speech which was indeed needed. 
I go to watch the boys play ball because I love the kids and I like to watch them play !!  Trust me I have plenty of other forms of entertainment !
As for getting the boys ready...  I believe that was my point wasn't it ??  Or did you not understand what I was trying to say ??  They have a very good group of kids coming up behind these boys with a ton of talent.  Perhaps more than Kountze has had in a very long time.  What I have noticed in the years past before Stewart these boys were just kinda pushed aside.  I have witness this in all sports.  JV's games are cancelled, JV doesn't practice, etc, etc....  Now the new kids who have only been taught football in high school my Stewart I believe are going to be a more rounded group of kids and will be worked with much more than the ones in previous years.
Now if you can only complain then you need to find another form of entertainment .  It seems that this Website is your form of entertainment.
No matter who a child goes and plays sports for they must respect their coaches, just as they should respect their teachers and parents.  No the coaches are not always right, but you know what?  Neither are you all the time.  JMO !!!

NOW SEE HERE WE GO, MUST HAVE TOUCHED A NERVE HATE THAT, BUT I NEVER SAID THE SPEECH WAS BAD NOR DID I DEFEND THE POOR PRACTICE. I STATED WHAT ARE YOU TEACHING THE KIDS BY JUST WALKING OFF!!! UH THAT WOULD BE NOTHING. AND ON A JOB THESE DAYS IF YOU CAN'T DO YOU GO HOME AND SIT. ON TO THE YOUNGER GUYS THEY HAVE A COACH THAT SHOULD BE ON THE SIDELINES EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT NOT UP TOP WITH A CAMERA. JUST MAYBE THE THOUGHT OF THE BASKETBALL COACH BEING THE AD IS NOT A BAD IDEA, DON'T THINK 1 KID UP THEIR HAS ANYTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT HIM YOU PROBABLY EVEN FIND A PARENT TO DO SO. SO COME ON DEMO MAN DON'T LET THIS GET TO YOU, IF DOES MAYBE ONE OF YOUR OTHER VAST ENTERTAINMENT OPPURTUITIES MIGHT BE SUITED.

[quote name="whsalum" post="844829" timestamp="1284242614"]
Kountze has the answer to their problems already there.Make Duane the AD and give him a free reign with BOTH programs.He won't play politics and you'll be amazed how quick the kids will buy in.Pay the man what he's worth to the district or you're gonna lose him to someone that will.FYI questioning Tramain Thomas toughness is ludicrous.TopDawg you are usually right on but I think you're talking with your heart on that one.JMO
[/quote] Not questioning T.T. toughness. He showed it by even trying to play that night but He tryed to play and was not able to finish. I'm right on by this one too. Kountze won the game and was there best team they had in a while. I will say only 2 down things that year was 1. Chad Morrison getting hurt early in season out for year and 2. No playoffs.

[quote name="TopDawG52" post="845383" timestamp="1284299770"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=72606.msg844829#msg844829 date=1284242614]
[/quote] Not questioning T.T. toughness. He showed it by even trying to play that night but He tryed to play and was not able to finish. I'm right on by this one too. Kountze won the game and was there best team they had in a while. I will say only 2 down things that year was 1. Chad Morrison getting hurt early in season out for year and 2. No playoffs.
[/quote]You said TT couldn't take the beating that night.It wasn't the beating he was taking it was an ankle sprain he could barely walk on.That may have been Kountzes best team in awhile but that year the district had some very good teams in it EC/Buna and Hardin were all very good.What do ya think about makin the Bball coach the AD??He knows how to run a successful program and make the kids buy in.

I WAS THERE IN 76- 79 SEASON FOOTBALL
I WAS THERE WHEN THE WHOLE FOOTBALL TEAM WAS IN THE BOARD MEETING ALMOST BEGGING THE BOARD NOT
TO FIRE COACH TATE
AND I WAS THERE WHEN COACH TATE WAS THE HEAD EVERYTHING COACH WILLIAMS WAS THE GLUE THAT HELD THE TEAMS TOGETHER
BUT COACH TATE WAS THE DRIVING FORCE BEHIND IT ALL  WE ALL LOVED COACH WILLIAMS  AND WOULD HAVE PROBABLY
BEEN BETTER BECAUSE OF THE WAY HE COACHED BUT THE FACTS ARE TATE WAS AN EXCELLENT COACH AND WAS WELL RESPECTED
AND HIS STEP DOWN WAS THE START OF KOUNTZES DOWN FALL IN FOOTBALL  AND COOP IF YOUR TALKING ABOUT FOOTBALL
IT WAS 76  NOT 79 THEY MADE THE PLAYOFFS.

[quote name="whsalum" post="845454" timestamp="1284306709"]
[quote author=TopDawG52 link=topic=72606.msg845383#msg845383 date=1284299770]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=72606.msg844829#msg844829 date=1284242614]
[/quote]You said TT couldn't take the beating that night.It wasn't the beating he was taking it was an ankle sprain he could barely walk on.That may have been Kountzes best team in awhile but that year the district had some very good teams in it EC/Buna and Hardin were all very good.What do ya think about makin the Bball coach the AD??He knows how to run a successful program and make the kids buy in.
[/quote]  I would love if Duane was the A.D. but i don't think the Kountze district will pay him want he deserves to run it. this should be a down year for kountze basketball but knowing Duane he will come up with somethin.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder