Livingston at Jasper Game Thread/Lions Roll/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="SFAlumberjack13" post="838186" timestamp="1283568408"]
Jaspers qb is fast but don't you think its messed up when the qb is standing on the bench because he can't see over people? He can't even see over the o linemen.
[/quote]I remember several years when it's been that way.  This is a young team and they are showing it tonight.

Agree with Ljack, need to get people in right positions. I admire the fight and grit of #5, but he had three or four batted passes. Only ones completed come on roll outs when he gets out from behind the line. Jasper has some really good talent, but it seems youth and coaching are killing them. Not sure if this defensive scheme either. Different defense than Jasper ran last year and not sure the kids are getting it. Although, many times they are hitting them behind the line and just not tackling. I liked them running the spread O tonight more. I personally think they need to let 5 be a runner and put 2 or someone taller in QB spot. That is hard to do at this point in season, but it is hard to play 3a and 4a teams with a 5'5" QB also. This is nothing against this kid because he is nails. I do not know him personally, but he will lower his head and run into four defenders any time. Great grit and effort. Fast, just think he is a great RB, not QB maybe, but if he plays it the rest of the year I am behind him because he plays hard and it is not his fault they have put him in the position. I wasn't sure til tonight, but I think he needs to be running. Against smaller teams, it might would work. Not against the 4A teams we are playing. The good thing is that Jasper is not near as bad as the scores look if they fix tackling and mental errors.

Livingston was bigger, and stronger up front. They are big and strong. The QB is fast and illusive, very fast. He does not seem to be comfortable passing and when he did, he did not seem very accurate. Missed a couple of wide open receivers. They have a big RB, but he runs straight up. Draws and trap plays are prevalent. Lumberton and other teams can pass into open spots in their zones. When we could pass w/ three wide, they werent that good in coverage. Almost scored again this way. Spread them out and mix it up. Hope some of the Lumberton guys read this as I promised I would share some things I saw. Livingston is bigger by a good bit, but Lumberton can beat them in execution and quick attack style on D and O both. Stunts and blitzes on D, do not let there line get on you because they can move you if they do.       

[quote name="SFAlumberjack13" post="838335" timestamp="1283572114"]
This team is definitely showing their youth. I think these coaches have alot of this guys playing the wrong positions. This team has potential but you have to have the right set up to show it.

[/quote]The D-Line need's help only when #74 was in the game they were able to stop the run but he has to go both way he played hard last night theses coach's need to get it together we don't even have a back up QB.

Man, you can watch them and see they are not really low on talent, Young they are, but many of the things that are costing them look to be scheme related or are things that could be coached up. Land95, thanks for informing me about no backup QB, but they should find one because 5 was playing in pain last night.

Land is right bout the Dline though. Also, many times they are making contact behind the line and not wrapping up. That shouldnt take many games. They will either tackle or they wont. We will c. I hope the best for them and if they make some changes, they can be a good 3a team this year.

who would you put at quaterback? Middleton(2)? Make him go both ways as QB? or take him out of the secondary and make it even weaker than it already is? Morrisey is the only guy for that QB spot. He's gonna be fine. And I dont think this is on the coaches, the talent just really isn't there....and if it is, it's very very young.

He threw three balls into linemen the other night. 5 is an excellent effort player. He is a RB that they have put at QB. This is nothing against him, but he is just not built for the QB spot. He will give it his all though and I admire that. They do have a couple of other guys that can play safety. The coaches are blaming it on effort when some of it is scheme. If they do not adjust to the strengths of their personnel instead of trying to make them what they are not, it makes it harder on the kids to perform. I still see a good bit of talent on this team. I just remember 5 shooting through hole from that backfield last year. Whatever happens, I am pulling for the kids and hope they improve and learn. I personally think a few adjustments from the coaching side could help instead of trying to blame it all on lack of effort. But, just my opinion. :-\ 

[quote name="Jbdfan" post="840262" timestamp="1283750052"]
He threw three balls into linemen the other night. 5 is an excellent effort player. He is a RB that they have put at QB. This is nothing against him, but he is just not built for the QB spot. He will give it his all though and I admire that. They do have a couple of other guys that can play safety. The coaches are blaming it on effort when some of it is scheme. If they do not adjust to the strengths of their personnel instead of trying to make them what they are not, it makes it harder on the kids to perform. I still see a good bit of talent on this team. I just remember 5 shooting through hole from that backfield last year. Whatever happens, I am pulling for the kids and hope they improve and learn. I personally think a few adjustments from the coaching side could help instead of trying to blame it all on lack of effort. But, just my opinion. :-\ 
[/quote]In order for our QB to do well he has to be in the spread so he can see the whole feild better than he can under center he was able to make some good run's in the spread and can we please run a reverse or a screen

I second the reverse or screen idea! Mix it up for goodness sake. We are a quick team and it looks like they want to over power everyone. Flee flicker every now and then would even work. I agree also on the fact that the best way for 5 in this O is to be in the spread most of the time. He can see the field better. Well said.

what gets me is that jasper has two good qb's middleton and tyler bolton.i agree 5 needs to be in the back field with ben. 1 to punch power and speed.they can not play the linebackers 10 yards of the ball when u no livingston is gonna run the ball.i say the coaches need to wake up and make some moves cause if not it could be a long year for us.cause the talent is there. i no we are young but i blame the coachs for not making the right moves.jmo

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83