Vidor's coach Mathews is Beaumont Enterprise Coach of the Week

Vidor coach Jeff Mathews is the Beaumont Enterprise reader's choice for this weeks "Coach of the Week".

I guess in all practicality, Vidor has only 4 returning starters from last year and still rolled two backs well over 100 yards apiece Friday night and nearly 400 yds total and 41 pts. Texas High hasn't given up that many points in one game in three years. Vidor missed the extra point (PAT) wide right that would have won the game Friday night against Texas High (Texarkana). Texas High move up to #15 in Texas 4A in the Dave Campbell's Top 25.

http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/huddle/2010/08/30/voters-pick-doty-player-of-the-week-mathews-coach/

Congrats Coach Mathews...you are the best.  You have turned this program around and we thank you for that.  As you said in one of your taped interviews...'"We will surprise some people."'  And that we did on Friday night.  They looked awesome, some mistakes-but who doesn't have mistakes at this level, and still held their own.  They kept their heads up high through it all.

Guest JoesBros
Congrats coach!! Great Coach who will always have his team prepared and ready to go on fridays. Even more though he the nicest person you could ever meet!

In my opinion coach Mathews is one of the most effective football coaches pacing the sidelines in Southeast Tx. His competence and quality as a coach cannot be calculated by just the numbers of wins or losses. He is using the means of football to influence young men to tackle more than just opposing players, but issues like racism and bigotry and he is making a difference. That is how you exercise true affirmative action, and that my friends is a game plan the good people of Vidor can support.

Well after being in his program for four years i can say ive never met anyone who cared more about his players, other coaches, team and town!!!! I would nominate him every week if it were up to me. He installed soo many great features in all of us and im proud to say he was my coach.

[quote name="BaseBow" post="836232" timestamp="1283331309"]
[quote author=ftbbbl101 link=topic=72259.msg835965#msg835965 date=1283295110]
Congrats to Coach Mathews!  Jeff does a super job in Vidor.  [glow=red,2,300]What a great week for a "Cardinal" to get Coach of the week!  ;D[/glow][/quote]It's ALWAYS ABOUT BRIDGE CITY :D
[/quote]

That's ok...we have him for now.

[quote author=incognito link=topic=72259.msg836010#msg836010 date=1283299423]
In my opinion coach Mathews is one of the most effective football coaches pacing the sidelines in Southeast Tx. His competence and quality as a coach cannot be calculated by just the numbers of wins or losses. He is using the means of football to influence young men to tackle more than just opposing players, but issues like racism and bigotry and he is making a difference. That is how you exercise true affirmative action, and that my friends is a game plan the good people of Vidor can support.
[/quote]

Well said

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder