Texas High Scrimmage with Texarkana PG - Vidor up next for Tx. High

This was a closed scrimmage at the Texas High indoor facility. The local Texarkana paper gave a good account of the scrimmage. No score was kept.

Tiger plus - Forced three turnovers committed none. Passing game seemed better then expected. Very deep squad this year.

Negatives - Way to many dropped pass attempts . Nothing said on kicking game. So that is a ? mark.

PG - Played very hard. They simply were out manned. PG coach called Texas High a great football team. He said PG played tough, but we are "gassed now"

We will see how it goes Friday @ Longview with the Tigers game against 4A Vidor from SE Texas.

I have a feeling the season will go well for TX. High if they can stay away from injuries. The defense looks to be fairly stout.

Texarkana PG is a 3A team. They are fairly young. They made the playoffs last year.

To all the Vidor fans that will travel to Lobo Stadium this Friday in Longview, please have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Guest Kvillecatz
[quote name="lobo1982" post="830411" timestamp="1282706146"]
Vidor fans, plenty of places to eat within a mile from the school. I think that you will love the stadium as well.
The stadium home side is all chairback seating and the visitor side seats around 5500. The pressbox is part of the school.
[/quote]

vidor fans may want to eat before game. you wont have much a appetite after watching this throttlin

Not sure that's a good idea either.  That food might come right back up.  How are the Pirates going to move the ball against a team of this caliber, after losing the three headed monster?  Even with those guys I think they would lose by atleast 21.
No disrespect, but I think the Tigers are just too much for the Pirates.

Texas High 45
Vidor 10

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="830582" timestamp="1282749894"]
Not sure that's a good idea either.  That food might come right back up.  How are the Pirates going to move the ball against a team of this caliber, after losing the three headed monster?  Even with those guys I think they would lose by atleast 21.

Texas High 45
Vidor 10
[/quote]

Ever hear the story of "David & Goliath".....Stranger things have happened.... ;)

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="830615" timestamp="1282755370"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=71917.msg830582#msg830582 date=1282749894]

Texas High 45
Vidor 10
[/quote]

Ever hear the story of "David & Goliath".....Stranger things have happened.... ;)
[/quote]

I'm fairly sure the UIL would frown on the use of sling shots.... Pirates may wanna practice up anyway.- :)

[quote name="dayton" post="830620" timestamp="1282755756"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=71917.msg830615#msg830615 date=1282755370]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=71917.msg830582#msg830582 date=1282749894]

Texas High 45
Vidor 10
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm fairly sure the UIL would frown on the use of sling shots.... Pirates may wanna practice up anyway.- :)
[/quote]

lol....I think you have a point there... ;)

Guest Kvillecatz
vidor gonna be so banged up after there first 2 games both mentaly and physically.

I cant wait for Sept 10th  ;D silsbee scoreboard gonna be lit up like never before

Guest Kvillecatz
you gotta think that texas high will not let up. they will probably run up the score bigtime just to keep their ranking. if they let vidor keep it close that would hurt their rankings , huh ? i say they need to win by 40 or 50 since vidor is unranked and that is prolly their goal.

[quote name="Kvillecatz" post="830732" timestamp="1282768435"]
you gotta think that texas high will not let up. they will probably run up the score bigtime just to keep their ranking. if they let vidor keep it close that would hurt their rankings , huh ? i say they need to win by 40 or 50 since vidor is unranked and that is prolly their goal.

[/quote]

Words cannot describe what I'm thinking lol,...Mannnn ::)

[quote name="Kvillecatz" post="830732" timestamp="1282768435"]

[/quote]

They just have to win.  It's not the BCS. :D They arnt ranked in the top 10 anyways.  DCTF & FNF has them at #19.  Once the season starts they only show the top 10.

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="830738" timestamp="1282769311"]
Vidor will need to play keep away with their ball control offense, hold onto the ball and limit Texas High's big play offense.
[/quote]

Couldn't have put it better, but they lost the guys that would have made that a little easier.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder