PN-G AND LC-M

so soulja1  i guess i probably shouldnt text you with the fight song again huh lol. Man that make s my day, just love watching that video of the blocked kick!!! the roar of the crowd almost busted my speakers on the computer unreal, must have been pretty bad on centrals side watching dre cruise down the sidelines uncontested. Probably the most freakish play i have seen in years, just amazed that the ball never hit the ground. well soulja1 i see one of your counterparts doesnt show no love for us lol

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gladiator2
Last year we did not adjust to the wr screen and that was the only play that was effective for LCM. After that game the coaches made some changes and started playing more press coverage and that wr screen did not work as other team's kept trying it. We have several starter's back and really good player's coming from a very good JV team. This is not touch football and we have some guy's back that will lay you out. I'm not convinced that Bertrand will be near the level that Harmon played at last year. I do know that Bertrand has put the work in and is stronger and faster but Harmon had a big heart. If everyone pretty much stay's healthy we will win by at least 14 point's. Don't get your hope's up too high LCM fan's.

[quote name="Ftballfan11" post="821344" timestamp="1280293087"]
People keep on mentioning the 7 on 7 success of LCM, which is impressive, but what most people fail to notice about this game is that PNG's offensive line has 5 starters that all started more than a single game on varsity at one point last season (2 started the entire year). The defensive line also has 3 returning starters (2 first team all district) and 2 more that have varsity experience. The game is won and lost in the trenches, with that being said, Bertrand will probably run for just as many yards as Harmon did against LCM last year, and the pressure on Gonzales will be too much for him the play 7 on 7, hence the only success being on the WR screen last year. It should be an exciting game, but don't look for it to be too close in the very end.
[/quote]

Are you implying that since LCM has done well in 7 on 7, it is impossible that they have also improved in the trenches?  Don't forget that Coach Crouch was a collegiate lineman...and LCM does return 5 of their front seven.  Not saying that they will be PNG caliber, but definately an improvement over last year. 

[quote name="mytwocents" post="821519" timestamp="1280346640"]
[quote author=loopswoop12 link=topic=71118.msg819940#msg819940 date=1279865912]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=71118.msg819900#msg819900 date=1279848901]
honestly IMO i[b] don't see how yall can even compare LCM to PNG.[/b] your talking about a team who went 4-6 to a team who went 11-1. when we played lcm we had our third string offense and defense in there after halftime. personally i think its gonna be a walk away for PNG.
[/quote]I'm gonna have to call you out on this one, you are either crazy or you weren't at the game if you honestly believe that PNG had their third string O and D in the game at anytime. They were never up more than 7 points except in the first half, and I'm pretty sure no coach in their right mind would pull any starter in a game like that.The ignorance of that post is overwhelming. Maybe if you go take another look at the game film you will notice that no starters were even pulled, much less replaced by the 3rd string? Lol

Get your facts straight buddy so you don't embarrass yourself again ;)
[/quote]

first off i never said i was talking about the PNG LCM game. i was talking about the Vidor LCM game so that just throws your argument out the window.
[/quote]

Are you serious? you said... "don't see how yall can even compare LCM to PNG. your talking about a team who went 4-6 to a team who went 11-1. when we played lcm we had our third string offense and defense in there after halftime. personally i think its gonna be a walk away for PNG. "

Didn't see vidor in there at all!  ???

[quote name="mytwocents" post="821519" timestamp="1280346640"]
[quote author=loopswoop12 link=topic=71118.msg819940#msg819940 date=1279865912]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=71118.msg819900#msg819900 date=1279848901]
honestly IMO i don't see how yall can even compare LCM to PNG. your talking about a team who went 4-6 to a team who went 11-1. when we played lcm we had our third string offense and defense in there after halftime. personally i think its gonna be a walk away for PNG.
[/quote]I'm gonna have to call you out on this one, you are either crazy or you weren't at the game if you honestly believe that PNG had their third string O and D in the game at anytime. They were never up more than 7 points except in the first half, and I'm pretty sure no coach in their right mind would pull any starter in a game like that.The ignorance of that post is overwhelming. Maybe if you go take another look at the game film you will notice that no starters were even pulled, much less replaced by the 3rd string? Lol

Get your facts straight buddy so you don't embarrass yourself again ;)
[/quote]

first off i never said i was talking about the PNG LCM game. i was talking about the Vidor LCM game so that just throws your argument out the window.
[/quote]
He is from VIDOR...NOT PNG...What part of that don't you understand? LCM played us (PNG) tough, I don't think PNG fans would dispute that.

i thought it was a good game myself and i thought that lcm played us tough. But different teams match up well with some and not so well with others, you know i can remember going to lcm not so long ago and getting thumped by more than 40 pts. it was a night were we could do no right and they could do no wrong, it was almost hilarious to see just how bad things can go in a hurry. but that is what makes this district so special and why i go to the games.

[quote name="biaplayer" post="822152" timestamp="1280527965"]
i thought it was a good game myself and i thought that lcm played us tough. But different teams match up well with some and not so well with others, you know i can remember going to lcm not so long ago and getting thumped by more than 40 pts. it was a night were we could do no right and they could do no wrong, it was almost hilarious to see just how bad things can go in a hurry. but that is what makes this district so special and why i go to the games.
[/quote]

Good point.  Just looking at the scores from 19-4A last year, it seems like every week had 2-3 blowouts.

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="821953" timestamp="1280461241"]
[quote author=Ftballfan11 link=topic=71118.msg821344#msg821344 date=1280293087]
People keep on mentioning the 7 on 7 success of LCM, which is impressive, but what most people fail to notice about this game is that PNG's offensive line has 5 starters that all started more than a single game on varsity at one point last season (2 started the entire year). The defensive line also has 3 returning starters (2 first team all district) and 2 more that have varsity experience. The game is won and lost in the trenches, with that being said, Bertrand will probably run for just as many yards as Harmon did against LCM last year, and the pressure on Gonzales will be too much for him the play 7 on 7, hence the only success being on the WR screen last year. It should be an exciting game, but don't look for it to be too close in the very end.
[/quote]

Are you implying that since LCM has done well in 7 on 7, it is impossible that they have also improved in the trenches?  Don't forget that Coach Crouch was a collegiate lineman...and LCM does return 5 of their front seven.  Not saying that they will be PNG caliber, but definately an improvement over last year. 
[/quote]

I'm not implying they didn't improve, I'm sure they did, but what I am implying is that PNG's O and D lines have most definitely improved even after dominating the lines last year. Like I said, LCM's 7 on 7 success is impressive, but it's a total different game when you have people flying in your face, especially of PNG caliber, like you said.  ;)

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="823148" timestamp="1281031714"]
[quote author=Ned11str8 link=topic=71118.msg823134#msg823134 date=1281028119]
[color=purple][b][size=16pt]P[/size][/b][/color]ropagandized

[color=purple][b][size=16pt]N[/size][/b][/color]arcissistic

[size=16pt][color=purple][b]G[/b][/color][/size]ibberish
[/quote] :o :o :D :D
[/quote]

A clean ace - no return of serve. ;D

[quote name="Ned11str8" post="823134" timestamp="1281028119"]
[color=purple][b][size=16pt]P[/size][/b][/color]ropagandized

[color=purple][b][size=16pt]N[/size][/b][/color]arcissistic

[size=16pt][color=purple][b]G[/b][/color][/size]ibberish
[/quote]
That's funny, the way I always understood it and preferred it as was:

[color=purple][b][size=16pt]P[/size][/b][/color]ound [s.] [ed] (however you prefer)

[color=purple][b][size=16pt]N[/size][/b][/color]ederland

[size=16pt][color=purple][b]G[/b][/color][/size]ruesomely

I actualy hope P.N.G wins this game, so Hopefullly if Central takes care of Business, We can have that Undefeated Showdown we didnt have Last Year..

But P.N.G dont go into this game thinking it will be easy..I honestly think LCM will be next years Vidor from this year..They have alot of Hype with returning talent.. Lets seee what you guys do with it..

[quote name="Ftballfan11" post="823252" timestamp="1281053180"]

[color=purple][b][size=16pt]P[/size][/b][/color]ound [s.] [ed] (however you prefer)

[/quote]

DUMB

[quote name="Ned11str8" post="823317" timestamp="1281091771"]
[quote author=Ftballfan11 link=topic=71118.msg823252#msg823252 date=1281053180]

[/quote]

DUMB
[/quote]

Great comeback  :D

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="823557" timestamp="1281195827"]
Wow!  You can already smell the Nederland jealousy!  [img]http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Jealous of what ? Your self indulgence ? Propaganda ? Narcissism ?

NOT JEALOUS , JUST SICK OF HEARING IT

What should Nederland be jealous of, the second round flame out in the playoffs last year or the sub standard years leading up to Faircloth coming on board. PNG are legends in their own minds.

BTW thats not Nederland jealousy you are smelling at the Rez. Thats carcinogens from Huntsman.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder