PN-G AND LC-M

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Bear Country" post="825241" timestamp="1281735542"]
Alright PNG Fans, [b]WHEN[/b] LCM goes three rounds deep into the playoffs is that where yall will give us some credit? I mean im just asking?
[/quote]

We're giving you credit now but some of you want let it go.

[quote name="Thunderlicious" post="825187" timestamp="1281723282"]
If I remember correctly[b]..if PNG would have had about another 45 seconds on the clock in the brenham game last year you could have very well been looking at a PNG come from behind victory. [/b] A loss is a loss but were talking about a team who played one of the state finalist VERY toughly and the fact of the matter is in the second half was a more impressive team than Brehnam. With all of PNG's returners, key newcomers, and another year under the new coaches system, once again...they are going to be a handfull. I mean , come on, if the team makes ANY improvment from last season your talking about a potential state finalist squad. LCM is FAR from that. Not saying they will not grow into that in the future, but not on the same page as PNG at the moment.

Halftime - Brehnam 20 PNG - 0 .. Final Brehnam 27 PNG 21 and driving. Lets not forget PNG was ranked 5th in the state when they went out. Like I said improve on that AT ALL and your gonna spell trouble for a lot of teams. Including this years game with LCM= BLOWOUT and I think we will see a Brehnam PNG rematch with PNG's defensive front making the big difference this time around and getting them a victory. Central will play PNG well but im calling another undefeated season of at the very least district play and a possible semi-final run.
[/quote]

IF LCM would have had another 45 seconds on the clock in the png game you could have very well been looking at png's only district lose. 

Just saying, as long and were playing the "What if" game.

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="825165" timestamp="1281718564"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=71118.msg825147#msg825147 date=1281714170]
No, I mean several sports, but the most notable for both schools baseball and football. Baseball we smacked LCM 9-0, 7-3. Then we went deep in the playoffs beating Magnolia that put ya'll out. Football we were district champs, went to the playoffs (Where was LCM?) and lost to the Finalist Brenham Cubs. I have an extra purple shirt for you since you love to talk about PNG so much ;)
[/quote]

So, last year, PNG finished higher in 1. Football 2. Baseball 3. Girl's Track 4. Boy's Soccer 5. Girl's Soccer 6. UIL (PNG won district, LCM finished second) LCM finished higher in 1. Volleyball 2. Boy's Basketball 3. Girl's Basketball 4. Boy's Track 5. Girl's Golf 6. Girl's Powerlifting
Both teams tied with Nederland for 1st place in Softball

Obviously, this is not a complete list, because I don't know about the more obscure sports (tennis, swimming, cross-country) or how PNG did in boys powerlifting.

But I'd gladly accept the shirt, because I don't like messing up rags when I'm drying the tires on my truck!  ;D
[/quote]

PN-G also outplayed LC-M in Boy's Golf. ;D

But, to be fair, LC-M also beat PN-G at the Area round of band competition... although we tied you at Region and beat you at Concert & Sightreading. ;D

LCM you may be pretty good this year. You may beat PNG. Don't start claiming anything until you start getting some cred around SETX. PNG had to work week in and week out to get the respect of everyone in the district last year. Its your turn to do the same. Until you prove you are worth something besides a 7on7 team then I will predict a possible fourth playoff spot.

[quote name="oldschool56" post="825254" timestamp="1281738470"]
LCM you may be pretty good this year. You may beat PNG. Don't start claiming anything until you start getting some cred around SETX. PNG had to work week in and week out to get the respect of everyone in the district last year. Its your turn to do the same. Until you prove you are worth something besides a 7on7 team then I will predict a possible fourth playoff spot.
[/quote]

Good post OldSchool

what are you talking about earning their respect week after week , lol they hate us statewide lol. when we beat everyone it is expected of us, but when we lose to them then they are invincable and want to recollect on how they gave us  our first loss at the new res lol. btw where is that lionsfan at he never commented on whether or not he wanted to take my bet. My guess is he isnt very  interested in having his picture on the internet dressed in purple and white, got to be better than the green lol

Im tryin to work you guys up, all BS and what if's aside. LCM has a great new coach and some good skilled players. I look for this year to be a big building and learning season for them and like I said, they will hopefully make the playoffs this year maybe even coming in out of the 3 spot in the district behind central and PNG. A couple more years depending on talent they will have a real thing going. Possibly as early as next season. I expect by the end of this season they will be hitting a stride, but Im guessing they hit a few road bumps in the first half of the season.

On the other hand, boo if ya want to, BUT PNG has a real thing going right now and will make aleast a third round playoff run and contend at my guess right now about a 20% chance of making a State Final appearence. Hey, it's just my opinion, we are all entitled to one right? I mean at this point thats all we are are all doing is making assumptions based on what little info we have, and this is just mine.

Cooligan, being the good sport I am, if Im wrong and LCM wins the district, I'll post a real life picture of myself with a sign stating my real name, phone number and words saying something to the effect of "LCM Rules and Im an Idiot." How's that??

Seriously, how many times has LCM been to the playoffs in football. The historical data I guess got removed from the site. I'm just curious. The Bear fans think PNG don't respect them? Really? I pull for PNG every week, but I feel LCM will be good, but in this district it's fight every week and we respect every team. Just because I say that LCM will get beat by PNG doesn't mean we're not giving ya'll credit for all of the "almost" last year. A few years ago LCM spanked our tails so why wouldn't we not give ya'll respect? The reason people are picking the teams from the district is the history they have in making the playoffs, kind of like people picking LaMarque to be good when they've been horrible the last couple of years, but they have a history of making the playoffs. That's why asked how many times LCM has made the playoffs. Be the next Lumberton and then you'll start having heads nod a little more

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="825955" timestamp="1281966589"]
[quote author=A Bear's Bear link=topic=71118.msg825842#msg825842 date=1281914634]
When and where does PNG kick off the preseason?
[/quote]
First scrimmage
[/quote]

Scrimmage PA Memorial this Friday.

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="825693" timestamp="1281879246"]
Good post.

LCM went to the playoffs in '92, '94, '95, and '97.  They have not made the playoffs since 1997 and I think they only made it once previously.
[b]
And btw, does anyone know what happened to the historical data.[/b]
[/quote]

I [u][i][b]think[/b][/i][/u] there was a bit of a falling out between the person who compiled all that data and the administrators, etc. of this site. I don't know any details though...... AggiesAreWe might be a good one to ask.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder