12 year old allstars

• 2 weeks later...
The manager for Jasper 12 yr olds is suspended for the next 2 games as a result of his ejection and subsequent actions. This came out of Little League International.

During a 9 yr old All-Star game between Jasper and West End He failed to show appropriate behavior  He hollered at and charged the plate umpire after a disputed play. He also ignored the penalty for the ejection by not leaving the Jasper ball park and  showing up to watch the next game held at West End. He was told to leave by the district administrator and ignored his authority to enforce the rules of Little League.

I would hope that we are not in favor of behavior disregarding the authority of umpires and the rules that are in place. I for one want my children to recognize and respect authority figures not only during baseball but school, work, etc.

I hope and pray that this experienced and talented coach learns some humility and learns to be a role model for the kids who are watching and listening.

[quote name="jasper_ump" post="815329" timestamp="1277864106"]
The manager for Jasper 12 yr olds is suspended for the next 2 games as a result of his ejection and subsequent actions. This came out of Little League International.

During a 9 yr old All-Star game between Jasper and West End He failed to show appropriate behavior  He hollered at and charged the plate umpire after a disputed play. He also ignored the penalty for the ejection by not leaving the Jasper ball park and  showing up to watch the next game held at West End. He was told to leave by the district administrator and ignored his authority to enforce the rules of Little League.

I would hope that we are not in favor of behavior disregarding the authority of umpires and the rules that are in place. I for one want my children to recognize and respect authority figures not only during baseball but school, work, etc.

I hope and pray that this experienced and talented coach learns some humility and learns to be a role model for the kids who are watching and listening.
[/quote]
Please don't be too hard on this guy. Remember, he is only a volunteer and has the kids best interest at heart.

Guest b_balljunkie
He is a GREAT Coach!!!!! The boys that play for him LOVE & RESPECT him!!!!!He has helped take Jasper baseball 2 another level!!!!! Great job Coach!!!!!!!!

So what you are saying is that his behavior was appropriate and should be emulated by the players that play for him and the coaches that he coaches against.

No one is saying anything about his coaching ability. It is the behavior that is being called into question. Evidently Little League International had a problem with what he did. It is one thing to get ejected from a game, but it shows malice when you hang around after an ejection and then show up at game you are not supposed to be at and ignore the warnings of the person that is in charge of Little League in District 12. 

Guest b_balljunkie
Are you sure you got all the facts? There r 2 sides 2 ever story! You should  know both sides before u pass judgement!

[quote name="b_balljunkie" post="815452" timestamp="1277930349"]
He is a GREAT Coach!!!!! [b]The boys that play for him LOVE & RESPECT him!!!!![/b]He has helped take Jasper baseball 2 another level!!!!! Great job Coach!!!!!!!!
[/quote]this is even more of a reason that he should act appropriately in public and obey little league rules. he should be setting an example for the kids on the team.

[quote name="spoonbill" post="815476" timestamp="1277936052"]
[quote author=b_balljunkie link=topic=70574.msg815452#msg815452 date=1277930349]
He is a GREAT Coach!!!!! [b]The boys that play for him LOVE & RESPECT him!!!!![/b]He has helped take Jasper baseball 2 another level!!!!! Great job Coach!!!!!!!!
[/quote]this is even more of a reason that he should act appropriately in public and obey little league rules. he should be setting an example for the kids on the team.
[/quote]

my point exactly

[quote name="line drive" post="815612" timestamp="1278009720"]
This sounds more like a coach who stands up for his team. His team seems to love & respect him.  Thats all that matters.  This seems to be a one sided story
[/quote]if he cared about the team, he wouldn't have given up his chance to be coaching them in all-star games. coaches are expected to act like the adults they are.

It is amazing what youth sports has come to. Any attitude is OK as long as the qualifier is attached "he is doing it for the kids"

Rules are in place for a reason...to be followed. This is a small example of a bigger problem in society. Authority is something that children and teenagers do not respect anymore. When a figure in their life shows that he can get ahead by having no respect for authority, it encourages them to do the same.

If he truly is doing this for the kids, he would remember that his presence at the game is more important than his questioning of calls and total disregard for the rules. Rules are put in place for a reason. He chooses to be a part of an organization that falls under the Little League International umbrella. Therefore he should follow the rules and restrictions placed upon him by that organization and its officials...including local representatives.

Yes, he is a volunteer coach, but he was arguing with volunteer umpires that traveled a good distance to umpire a game. They also volunteer their time for the good of the kids...and they get nothing win or lose. They do the best job that they possibly can. Umpires make mistakes just like players and coaches do. When was the last time you heard an umpire yell at a coach for leaving a pitcher in too long...or calling for a steal that did not work? When volunteers are used, mistakes will be made all around. This coach as well as everyone else involved needs to learn to respect the game and not blow little things out of proportion.

[quote name="slo8140" post="815615" timestamp="1278011546"]
It is amazing what youth sports has come to. Any attitude is OK as long as the qualifier is attached "he is doing it for the kids"

Rules are in place for a reason...to be followed. This is a small example of a bigger problem in society. Authority is something that children and teenagers do not respect anymore. When a figure in their life shows that he can get ahead by having no respect for authority, it encourages them to do the same.

If he truly is doing this for the kids, he would remember that his presence at the game is more important than his questioning of calls and total disregard for the rules. Rules are put in place for a reason. He chooses to be a part of an organization that falls under the Little League International umbrella. Therefore he should follow the rules and restrictions placed upon him by that organization and its officials...including local representatives.

Yes, he is a volunteer coach, but he was arguing with volunteer umpires that traveled a good distance to umpire a game. They also volunteer their time for the good of the kids...and they get nothing win or lose. They do the best job that they possibly can. Umpires make mistakes just like players and coaches do. When was the last time you heard an umpire yell at a coach for leaving a pitcher in too long...or calling for a steal that did not work? When volunteers are used, mistakes will be made all around. This coach as well as everyone else involved needs to learn to respect the game and not blow little things out of proportion.
[/quote]
I agree with you 100%. I was being somewhat sarcastic when I said don't be too hard on him, he is a volunteer. People who act like this or condone it always use this as an excuse. He is a volunteer or he is out there for the kids sake. This is exactly why I pulled my kid out of league ball and found a select team with a coach that would never dream of such behavior on the field. If he did I as a parent would not tolorate it. I want my kid to develop into a great ball player as well as a great person. Behavior such as this only ruins the game and the kids.

[quote name="pngpurple4ever" post="815622" timestamp="1278014481"]
[quote author=slo8140 link=topic=70574.msg815615#msg815615 date=1278011546]

[/quote]
I [quote author=spoonbill link=topic=70574.msg815614#msg815614 date=1278010326]
[quote author=line drive link=topic=70574.msg815612#msg815612 date=1278009720]
This sounds more like a coach who stands up for his team. His team seems to love & respect him.  Thats all that matters.  This seems to be a one sided story
[/quote]if he cared about the team, he wouldn't have given up his chance to be coaching them in all-star games. coaches are expected to act like the adults they are.
[/quote]Are you kidding me!!! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder