Is something wrong beneath BISD's new stadium?

Guest ECBucFan

[i]Is something wrong beneath BISD's new stadium? [/i]

YES! [u]Don't tell anyone[/u], but Jimmy Hoffa is buried there!  ;D  Ssshhh!    ;D

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="liltex" post="813008" timestamp="1276651454"]
That's to funny ;D ;D
[/quote]

I am glad someone got it! I bet it flew over the head of a lot of the posters here.  :D

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="813003" timestamp="1276650484"]

[i]Is something wrong beneath BISD's new stadium? [/i]

YES! [u]Don't tell anyone[/u], but Jimmy Hoffa is buried there!   ;D   Ssshhh!    ;D
[/quote]

Which end zone? LOL!

I was thinking the same thing. Shouldn't the fact that it was built on a rice patty be your first clue to the unlevel ground? One would think that after all the money that has been spent on this thing, something as elementary as taking soil samples wouldn't have been missed. Geez, they should have let LOCAL contractors build the thing instead of subbing it out to the minority contractor out of Houston! >:( My bad, they're out of New York!

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="813225" timestamp="1276730510"]
I was thinking the same thing. Shouldn't the fact that it was built on a rice patty be your first clue to the unlevel ground? One would think that after all the money that has been spent on this thing, something as elementary as taking soil samples wouldn't have been missed. Geez, they should have let LOCAL contractors build the thing instead of subbing it out to the minority contractor out of Houston! >:( My bad, they're out of New York!
[/quote]

You make a good point.  Someone that used to the SE Texas gumbo around there would have been better suited for the job.  My mom ran into the same issue hiring a Lum company out to do her pool.  They said that they didnt realize the clay was so thick down there!!  I guess they were used to the red dirt in lumberton.   Anyway, since BISD is running this , I am not terribly surprised.

BISD to spend $275.000 to fix stadium soil
Comments 1 | Recommend 0
June 17, 2010 10:00 PM
Scott Lawrence

BEAUMONT - The Beaumont ISD board voted Thursday night to spend $275,000 to fix soil problems at the stadium end educational support center under construction off I-10 near Brooks Road.

Sinking soil has led to a delay in final installation of turf.

There had been discussion the district might have to spend $1.2 million for soil repairs but the contractor assured the board it could do the work for much less and would finish the stadium by August when school begins.

Some trustees were angry the contractor is still taking and analyzing soil samples near the end of the process. [b]They said the work should have been completed at the beginning. [/b]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed