Summer select teams--what HS player are playing when & where?

[quote name="welovebaseball" post="813396" timestamp="1276804585"]
The Sun Devils have two teams at A&M this weekend for the Sun Devil Classic.

Will try to post a schedule this evening.
[/quote]That's what i'm talking about, see you this weekend. Sun Devil baseball, yes sir. On a site note Jace Statum ( Sun Devil ) will get to tee it up on a field ( Olsen ) he will be playing on next year, gotta love it. Might see some of this years crop ( Sun Devils ) being future Aggies. What a plus for both clubs ( Aggies, Sun Devils ) to have this tourney at Olsen.

Here you go:

Thursday, June 17
2:00 PM Sun Devils Gold vs. Houston Power Baseball
4:30 PM Sun Devils Black vs. Centex Buzz
7:00 PM Houston Slam vs. DBAT Mustangs

Friday, June 18
9:30 AM Centex Buzz vs. Houston Slam
Noon Sun Devils Gold vs. East Texas Prospects
2:30 PM Houston Power Baseball vs. Powerhouse Mariners
5:00 PM Powerhouse Mariners vs. Sun Devils Gold
7:30 PM DBAT Mustangs vs. Sun Devils Black

Saturday, June 19
10:00 AM DBAT Mustangs vs. Centex Buzz
12:30 PM East Texas Prospects vs. Houston Power Baseball
3:00 PM Sun Devils Black vs. Houston Slam
5:30 PM Powerhouse Mariners vs. East Texas Prospects

Sunday, June 20th
9:00 AM Pool A #4 Seed vs. Pool B #4 Seed
11:30 AM Pool A #3 Seed vs. Pool B #3 Seed
2:00 PM Pool A #2 Seed vs. Pool B #2 Seed
4:30 PM Pool A #1 Seed vs. Pool B #1 Seed

Looks like the Sun Devil games could be BROADCAST; there are a lot of folks that would enjoy some good baseball all summer.  The shut-ins-- I guarantee will be faithful in listening to the broadcast.  There is a lot less good games going on this time of year: these games will be very popular with the listening audience.

[quote name="MIF04" post="813293" timestamp="1276762029"]
Wow...1 week into the summer select season and, already, someone (e.g. the Gladiators) slams the Sun Devils.  It really gets old  -- understandable but old.

As a previous poster noted, we do recruit players that we believe are legitimate players at the next levels.  We offer them an opportunity and some accept, and others do not.  On the list that was posted earlier on this thread, only 1 of those players is 'new' to our program.  I would not suppose to know what his (or his parents) thought process was but I would imagine that the fact that we have had 5 classes come through our program, and seen 75 of our players get college scholarships, might be a good reason.  Our record in the draft is equally good (we had 13 current or former Sun Devils drafted this year alone).  I also suspect the quality of competition and instruction may have played a role as did the 'word of mouth' from his HS teammates/opponents.  Maybe the simple fact that, on the HS Home Run thread, he noted that a Sun Devil was the leader.  Performance counts, too.

Sometimes, people are better served tending to their own house (or, here, coaching and improving their own players instead of worrying about what we are doing).  That's what we do and that's why it works.  And, Jeff:  we have more of your guys calling us instead of us calling them.  I think that says it all, don't you?

Best of luck to all teams, and players, this summer.
[/quote]

What gets old is the ignorance and intolerance some people have for multiple teams in SE Texas.  As the person who formed the Gladiator High school program, I have no problems with the Sun Devils. In fact, I feel it is healthy to have a number of programs available to our SE Texas kids.  The thing about Select baseball, is that it has drifted away from the most important thing-the kids - and moved to that of egos and feelings of importance by those than run those organizations.  Speaking for the Gladiators, I am happy that all people have a place to play, regardless of team colors.  In previous posts, I have defended Sun Devils, and others, from ignorant comments made by people not affiliated with the running of our organization.  The "Gladiators" did not make disparaging comments about Sun Devils - 643 did.  Let's get that straight.

Second, regarding the person in question, who left Gladiators, I would run through a wall for that kid.  If Sun Devils is where the player and parents feel is more appropriate home, good for them.  I hope the player gets the many accolades coming to him.

Third, we have players playing for us, who are former Sun Devils.  So what?  643, please stop including Gladiators in your disparaging comments.  We simply want what is best for each kid in this area, who aspires to achieve greatness - whether it be with Sun Devils or Gladiators.

MIF, I would appreciate it if you would not paint Gladiators with such a broad brush.  Obviously, the person making the comments, 643, has personal issues that (s)he wish to use this forum as a way to vent.

As for Gladiator Baseball, we are in this for the kids.  We have 3 teams of 18U and 3 teams of 16U.  As I write this, I am in Phoenix, AZ watching our 16U USA Baseball team compete in the USA Baseball West Championships.  Yes, other teams have been here.  But what is important is that THESE kids get a chance to be here to show their talent before USA Baseball scouts, with the hopes of becoming a member of the USA national team.  Who cares whether it is Gladiators or Sun Devils these kids have written across their chest. The most important thing is that we have 18  kids - 15 and 16 year old players from SE Texas here representing our area in the 2010 USA championships.  In this thread, we have lost focus on the big picture - giving our kids opportunities.  Instead, we are focusing on the petty things of WHO is giving these kids the opportunities.  Let's focus on the big picture, there are opportunities for our area players.  Isn't that what is most important?

By the way, Jeff is Rounder17.

Dave Morrow
Gladiator Baseball

Very well said and let's just get the players better as individuals in a group setting. Thats the good thing about baseball you can stink it up on the field and still win as a group or you can look good on a weak team and still showcase yourself while playing team ball. The main thing is getting better as players for the chance to play at the next level for yourself, whatever that level is. Some teams practice two or three times a week and some just show up and play but both are getting seen by the same scouts. Some players have a geographical hindrance from a travel perspective and show up and play works just fine with good results. The main thing is to be seen and to keep playing as long as possible.

[quote name="bmtball" post="813723" timestamp="1276929871"]
[quote author=MIF04 link=topic=70500.msg813293#msg813293 date=1276762029]
Wow...1 week into the summer select season and, already, someone (e.g. the Gladiators) slams the Sun Devils.  It really gets old  -- understandable but old.

As a previous poster noted, we do recruit players that we believe are legitimate players at the next levels.  We offer them an opportunity and some accept, and others do not.  On the list that was posted earlier on this thread, only 1 of those players is 'new' to our program.  I would not suppose to know what his (or his parents) thought process was but I would imagine that the fact that we have had 5 classes come through our program, and seen 75 of our players get college scholarships, might be a good reason.  Our record in the draft is equally good (we had 13 current or former Sun Devils drafted this year alone).  I also suspect the quality of competition and instruction may have played a role as did the 'word of mouth' from his HS teammates/opponents.  Maybe the simple fact that, on the HS Home Run thread, he noted that a Sun Devil was the leader.  Performance counts, too.

Sometimes, people are better served tending to their own house (or, here, coaching and improving their own players instead of worrying about what we are doing).  That's what we do and that's why it works.  And, Jeff:  we have more of your guys calling us instead of us calling them.  I think that says it all, don't you?

Best of luck to all teams, and players, this summer.
[/quote]

What gets old is the ignorance and intolerance some people have for multiple teams in SE Texas.  As the person who formed the Gladiator High school program, I have no problems with the Sun Devils. In fact, I feel it is healthy to have a number of programs available to our SE Texas kids.  The thing about Select baseball, is that it has drifted away from the most important thing-the kids - and moved to that of egos and feelings of importance by those than run those organizations.  Speaking for the Gladiators, I am happy that all people have a place to play, regardless of team colors.  In previous posts, I have defended Sun Devils, and others, from ignorant comments made by people not affiliated with the running of our organization.  The "Gladiators" did not make disparaging comments about Sun Devils - 643 did.  Let's get that straight.

Second, regarding the person in question, who left Gladiators, I would run through a wall for that kid.  If Sun Devils is where the player and parents feel is more appropriate home, good for them.  I hope the player gets the many accolades coming to him.

Third, we have players playing for us, who are former Sun Devils.  So what?  643, please stop including Gladiators in your disparaging comments.  We simply want what is best for each kid in this area, who aspires to achieve greatness - whether it be with Sun Devils or Gladiators.

MIF, I would appreciate it if you would not paint Gladiators with such a broad brush.  Obviously, the person making the comments, 643, has personal issues that (s)he wish to use this forum as a way to vent.

As for Gladiator Baseball, we are in this for the kids.  We have 3 teams of 18U and 3 teams of 16U.  As I write this, I am in Phoenix, AZ watching our 16U USA Baseball team compete in the USA Baseball West Championships.  Yes, other teams have been here.  But what is important is that THESE kids get a chance to be here to show their talent before USA Baseball scouts, with the hopes of becoming a member of the USA national team.  Who cares whether it is Gladiators or Sun Devils these kids have written across their chest. The most important thing is that we have 18  kids - 15 and 16 year old players from SE Texas here representing our area in the 2010 USA championships.  In this thread, we have lost focus on the big picture - giving our kids opportunities.  Instead, we are focusing on the petty things of WHO is giving these kids the opportunities.  Let's focus on the big picture, there are opportunities for our area players.  Isn't that what is most important?

By the way, Jeff is Rounder17.

Dave Morrow
Gladiator Baseball
[/quote]

Shame on you Dave...you broke curfew!!! 11:00 pal...get some rest, long week in the arizona heat for you and the team...Good luck Gladiators

The Texas Prospects finished 4-0 with a last game win 4-3 over the Waco Buzz. Waco Buzz is a solid team with several Waco Robinson players and other stars from that area. Thanks for a quality tournament with good competition, and especially the shade at Olsen Field. Ty Parker and his TP Black play next weekend in a wood bat at ULL while the TP Gray play in San Marcos ( Texas State )/ Austin.

Guest GCMPats
The Sundevils will be in Lafayette tonight thru Friday. Most of the games will be played at LSU-Eunice.
8:00 pm today (only game not at LSU)
8:00 pm Thursday
3:00 and 5:30 pm Friday

Texas Prospects Black 18u 

Wood Bat Tournament - LaFayette La ( Friday - Sunday )

Friday 12:30 p.m @ LSU Eunice

Friday   5 :30 p.m @ LSU Eunice

Saturday 5: 30 p.m @ LSU Eunice

Sunday 11 : 30 a.m @ Sellers Field  

[quote name="bkatdog" post="813841" timestamp="1277043751"]
Texas Prospects win game 3 Sat. evening in 6 for a 10-0 win to go 3-0 for the weekend. Congrats to 2011 senior Brent Macafee (SS/OF)for his verbal with Texas A&M this weekend. Final game at 4:30 Sunday.
[/quote]

Congrats to Brent.  Where does he play his high school ball at?

Brent goes to Longview Pine Tree and plays SS/OF.
Texas Prospects win game one 5-0 over the Louisanna Warriors.
In the Prospects second game Bullard's Nick Rumbelow ( LSU ) pitches a complete game for a 2-0 win over the Sun Devils. One game Saturday at 5:30 and Sunday at 11:30 I believe.

[quote name="BCcardbacker" post="814782" timestamp="1277602447"]
So who all plays on the 18u Gladiators?  My son was headed there but due to unforeseen circumstances couldn't ...............are there two teams?
[/quote]
The Gladiator Program consists of '3' ballclubs, The Red, White, and Blue Squads.
The program also has '3' 16under ballclubs as well.

Gladiator Blue - Jesse Riojas(WOS Head Coach) and Jacob Walton(Westbrook Head Coach)
Gladiator White - Jeff Moye(Pitching Instructor)
Gladiator Red - Chris Fackler(Colorado Rockies) and Kyle Green(Head Coach Vidor High)

Gladiator White 17unders
Brandon Provost  PNG
Alex Anderson  PNG
Ryan Quinn  Nederland
Taylor Townsend  BMT Kelly
Ryan Waddell LCM
Wayne Stanley Lumberton
Ryan Bumstead BMT Kelly
Ryan Jannise Westbrook
Kody Thompson Barbers Hill
Justin Harmon Westbrook
Andrew Messina Kelly
Blake Coleson Kirbyville
Zach Smith Bridge City
Tyler Downs Kirbyville

The Gladiator Red Roster
Reggie Wilson Westbrook
Charles Guillory Westbrook
Logan Dugas Westbrook
Austin Stone PNG
Amir Jalali PNG
Rony Sanchez PA Memorial
Jordan Darnall WOS
Zane Anderson WOS
Kyle Markum Hamshire-Fannett
Forest Zoch Bridge City
Andrew Guillote Sam Houston(La)
Justin Chesson Sam Houston(La)
Cade Andrus Sulphur(La)
Cord Cockrell Acadiana(La)

Gladiator Blue 17 U Roster:

Hunter Hagler: Vidor
Bubba Maxwell: Vidor
Matt Peno: Vidor
Kody Smith: LCM
Scott Vaughan: LCM
Stephen Schlett: Nederland
Tanner Jorgensen: PNG
Hunter Knox: PNG
Clint Scoggins: Slisbee
Lance Brown: Silsbee
Justin Flowers: Silsbee
Kael Jones: Kirbyville
Holden Holsomback: Kirbyville
Dillon Carroll: Sulphur, LA
Tyler Mathis: Lake Charles, LA (Barbe HS)
Tyler Burgess: DeQuincy, LA

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline