Best NBA players Ever...

Just finish watching a show on Micheal Jordan, And most people forget about him, because of Lebron, Kobe and Kevin Durrant..
But after watchin Him n highlights..
Micheal Jordan is still the best Player to play the Game. IMO.. My top 5

1.Micheal Jordan
2.Lebron James
3.Kobe Bryant/Wilt Chamberlin
5. Jerry West/ Larry Bird

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Bucof2010" post="811815" timestamp="1276317426"]
Lebron is so far from top 5 right now...Kobe is better than Lebron and neither are top 5...you can't seriously think Kobe is as good as Wilt Chamberlain
[/quote]

Well, it seems to me that your have to define what your are comparing.  Question:  What could Wilt do?  Answer:  Score in the paint.  That and rebounding doesn't make him a top 5 choice for me.  Question:  What can Kobe do?  Answer:  He can handle the ball; he can shoot the 3; he can drive and score; he can set-up and dish; and he can shoot free throws.  Agreed, if I were picking my ideal team, I'd have a big man - but it wouldn't be Wilt.  And my ideal team would have a spot for Kobe.  Besides that, Bucof2010, you're too young to know much about Wilt except for some film clips that you have seen. :-*

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="811836" timestamp="1276346430"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=70471.msg811815#msg811815 date=1276317426]
Lebron is so far from top 5 right now...Kobe is better than Lebron and neither are top 5...you can't seriously think Kobe is as good as Wilt Chamberlain
[/quote]

Well, it seems to me that your have to define what your are comparing.  Question:  What could Wilt do?  Answer:  Score in the paint.  That and rebounding doesn't make him a top 5 choice for me.  Question:  What can Kobe do?  Answer:  He can handle the ball; he can shoot the 3; he can drive and score; he can set-up and dish; and he can shoot free throws.  Agreed, if I were picking my ideal team, I'd have a big man - but it wouldn't be Wilt.  And my ideal team would have a spot for Kobe.  Besides that, Bucof2010, you're too young to know much about Wilt except for some film clips that you have seen. :-*
[/quote]  Also, if you look back over the years in the big games and the championships, Wilt was always outplayed and outhustled by a less talented but far more determined Bill Russell who was also several inches shorter.

Ok most of you younger guys prob. dont know that Wilt was the only player, that the league changed the rules to stop him from scoring. The rules were changed to help Jorden and others to help them score points. Whether or not you put Wilt in your top list He was the only player to have that happen to him. And never forget that when he put up his 100 point game that was with 2 points at a time, Kobe has gotten close a few times but alot of his points were 3s.

1. Michael Jordan
2. Magic Johnson/LarryBird....these two guys saved the NBA!!!
3. Wilt Chamberlain/Kareem Abdul Jabbar/Bill Russell..... unstoppable
4. Jerry West....Mr. Clutch
5.  Kobe Bryant/Lebron James

6. Elgin Baylor

(and if he hadn't died, we'd be talking about Len Bias)

There's a list for all you youngsters!

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="812213" timestamp="1276460769"]
From everything I've seen about him Bias probably would have been top two
[/quote]

The Celtics were very high on Bias. He was the best college player out there, head and shoulders above the rest.

Also, Magic and Bird were the two best passers the game has ever seen....total team oriented players.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="813378" timestamp="1276800180"]
The talent level of Lebron James would make him easily number two behind Jordan on anybody's list. But without a championship, there is no way he can be the best.
[/quote]u are crazy if lebrons #2 hes not even top 10.

#1. Jordan -----no doubt
#2. majic and Larry -- they were 2 of the best ever
#3. kareem and kobe ----these two just dominate

In my haste to make a list, I left out two very important players....Oscar Robertson and Julius Irving (Dr. J)

It's really tough to come up with a top ten and it's always debatable. Whoever said Lebron shouldn't be there without a ring is probably correct.

[quote name="Aces_Full" post="813600" timestamp="1276881469"]
In his prime, there was not a better center ever than Hakeem Olajuwon.  He was unstoppable on both ends of the court. 
[/quote]

Bill Russell best defensive center (undersized) to ever play the game.  Nearly always embarrassed Wilt in the big games.

[quote name="stevenash" post="813646" timestamp="1276889959"]
[quote author=Aces_Full link=topic=70471.msg813600#msg813600 date=1276881469]
In his prime, there was not a better center ever than Hakeem Olajuwon.  He was unstoppable on both ends of the court. 
[/quote]

Bill Russell best defensive center (undersized) to ever play the game.  Nearly always embarrassed Wilt in the big games.
[/quote]

Really??? Nash, you don't know what you are talking about.  Wilt and Russell met 142 times in their NBA careers.  In those games Wilt averaged 28.7 points and 28.7 rebounds per game.  7 times Wilt scored over 50 points on Russell, with a high of 62.  Russell averaged 14.5 points and 23.7 rebounds vs. Wilt.  His high vs. Wilt was 37 points.  Now who is getting embarrassed again?  Russell's teams did win more games head up, but they certainly were more talented as well.  As a matter of fact, they were a lot more talented. 

And once again, no center had the total package that Olajuwon had in his prime. 

[quote name="Aces_Full" post="813670" timestamp="1276896797"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=70471.msg813646#msg813646 date=1276889959]
[quote author=Aces_Full link=topic=70471.msg813600#msg813600 date=1276881469]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Really??? Nash, you don't know what you are talking about.  Wilt and Russell met 142 times in their NBA careers.  In those games Wilt averaged 28.7 points and 28.7 rebounds per game.  7 times Wilt scored over 50 points on Russell, with a high of 62.  Russell averaged 14.5 points and 23.7 rebounds vs. Wilt.  His high vs. Wilt was 37 points.  Now who is getting embarrassed again?  Russell's teams did win more games head up, but they certainly were more talented as well.  As a matter of fact, they were a lot more talented. 

And once again, no center had the total package that Olajuwon had in his prime. 
[/quote]

Wilt was about the only one Russell couldn't dominate. Wilt was the only 7 footer around. I agree with the Olajuwon comment.

[quote name="evadalerebel4life" post="813427" timestamp="1276810850"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=70471.msg813378#msg813378 date=1276800180]
The talent level of Lebron James would make him easily number two behind Jordan on anybody's list. But without a championship, there is no way he can be the best.

#1. Jordan -----no doubt
[/quote]

What Lebron does on the court makes him one of the best players ever. He puts up stats in every category. These other guys that are in the hall of fame are great and deserve to be on every lists. Im just saying that I dont think they contributed to every part of the game like Lebron is doing now and he still has alot of years left. JMO.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="813685" timestamp="1276905115"]
[quote author=evadalerebel4life link=topic=70471.msg813427#msg813427 date=1276810850]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=70471.msg813378#msg813378 date=1276800180]

#1. Jordan -----no doubt
[/quote]

What Lebron does on the court makes him one of the best players ever. He puts up stats in every category. These other guys that are in the hall of fame are great and deserve to be on every lists. Im just saying that I dont think they contributed to every part of the game like Lebron is doing now and he still has alot of years left. JMO.
[/quote]

Im guessing you choose to ignore the fact that Lebron completely gave up on his team the Celtics series.

Larry Bird was unathletic, slow-footed, and not extremely strong.  Yet in his prime, he put up better overall numbers than Lebron has and he won championships, and was one of the most clutch players to ever play the game.  Basketball is not all about who can jump the highest, or who makes Sports Center the most, it's about skills.  While Lebron is physically imposing, he does not have the skill set of Bird, Jordan, or Magic. 

Im not putting him ahead of other players from the past. Not at all. No one can truly argue for who is the best because it is all speculation. Just think about what Lebron brings almost every game he plays. Points, rebounds, assists, some steals, and a maybe a block too. He's not the best freethrow shooter but he can knock down the big ones when he needs to. He even guards the best player on the other team when that player starts getting hot. What more can you ask from a player? He makes everybody on his team better. Im not saying he is without a doubt better than every other player (except MJ) to be in the league, but I am saying dont ignore the facts and the numbers to support why he should be in the discussion. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder