Best NBA players Ever...

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="speedkills" post="815695" timestamp="1278037254"]
1. Michael Jordon (hands down)
2. Larry Bird
3. Magic Johnson
4. Kareem Abdull-Jabbar
5. Bill Russell
LeBron comes in around 13 for me. He is good but how many rings does he have?
Kobe comes in around 17 just because how many rings he has.
[/quote]

Putting Lebron ahead of Kobe on the all time list...  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Your credibility is gone with the wind, sir.

[quote name="speedkills" post="815727" timestamp="1278070780"]
The only thing Kobe has going for him LeBron doesent is 5 rings. Other than that there is no comparison between the two Lebron is way better.
[/quote] The main thing that Kobe has is that he is a winner. LeBron is all show and no go. But maybe he will go somewere were that has the true winner ( D Wade) and then he can get his ring ;D

1/2 Bird/Magic
3 Jordan  *Okay, I know this is not a popular choice but as a Bird/Magic fan, I can't take them out of top spot.
4 Wilt Chamberlain
5 Oscar Robertson (averaged a triple double for a season early in his career)
6 Craig Ehlo (okay in jest.  Rocket fans in his early days were rooting for the end of the bench player to get in the game)

I am a big Kobe fan, but I am not sure who would come out of the top 5.

1. Bird
2. Magic/Jordan
3. Hakeem the Dream
4. West
5. Pistol Pete

As you can see, I am more of on old school kinda of guy.  Back when you had all around skills; shoot, pass, DEFENSE, and played TEAM first.  IMO todays players are PLAYER first, team second.  "what can i do to get paid?"  The players that get all the press now are the ones that can jump out of the gym and dunk the ball every which way.

My reason for Bird was his overall skill set.  He can shoot, He can pass (made all his teammates better), play defense, and what i like the most is he wasn't afraid to go after the ball.  When is the last time you saw any of todays "superstars" dive after a ball?  Basically I feel like today's players are a bunch of prima donnas, spoiled #ss, play for the money-not the love, and selfish.  That is why i find the NBA unwathcable.  For passion, i prefer HS and College BBall.

1. Jordan
2.Bird/Magic (These 2 saved the pro game)
3.Kareem
4.Maravich (Give him a supporting cast he goes up the chart)
5.Oscar Robertson
6.Jerry West
7.Wilt Chamberlan
8.Julius Erving
9.Walt Frazier
10.Bill Russell

Kobe will be on the list when he's thru but he is still moving up the list, he would be in the top 5 now.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=70471.msg815759#msg815759 date=1278083263]
I think Shaq, in his prime, would have dominated Russell or Wilt.   And Kobe is just too good and too athletic for those old school guards to handle.    JMO
[/quote

Respectfully disagree.  Russell far more dedicated and hungry than anyone else ever was.  He had half the talent of Wilt but always beat him to both ends of the court.  Would have done the same to Shaq.  The number of championships he has is pretty good evidence.

• 1 month later...
[quote name="86hawk" post="815758" timestamp="1278082899"]
1. Bird
2. Magic/Jordan
My reason for Bird was his overall skill set.  He can shoot, He can pass (made all his teammates better), play defense, and what i like the most is he wasn't afraid to go after the ball.  When is the last time you saw any of todays "superstars" dive after a ball?  Basically I feel like today's players are a bunch of prima donnas, spoiled #ss, play for the money-not the love, and selfish.  That is why i find the NBA unwathcable.  For passion, i prefer HS and College BBall.
[/quote]

If thats the case It should at least look like 1.Byrd/Jordan..Cause Jordan could do it all to..Defense (9x 1st Team Defense award and 1x defense of player of the year).. made players around him better, (Thats why he has 7 rings I think)..Cluth player. Good passer, (Avg 8 assist per game)..And was known to agreesivly drive to the basket..
I know everone is intilted to their own opinion but M.J was the best hands down to play the game..

• 3 months later...
[quote name="bulldogbasketball" post="992370" timestamp="1301863700"]
but we cant really make a list because the game is always changing
[/quote]

Exactly! Just think about this every time people want to make a list... Imagine what a guy like Dwight Howard would be doing to players back in the day :D ;D
Just saying..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83