Toon leaves Barbers Hill for 5A Aldine Nimitz

Guest ECBucFan
How did you arrive at that assumption? PN-G has essentially the same scenario, yet I don't remember much speculation likewise. The arrival of a new AD anywhere generally leads to various amounts of turnover, but I would not take that to necessarily be indicative of any presumed "problem" with BH. Toon may have simply found a higher compensated position at a larger school, perhaps.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="ECBucFan" post="810125" timestamp="1275985656"]
How did you arrive at that assumption? PN-G has essentially the same scenario, yet I don't remember much speculation likewise. The arrival of a new AD anywhere generally leads to various amounts of turnover, but I would not take that to necessarily be indicative of any presumed "problem" with BH. Toon may have simply found a higher compensated position at a larger school, perhaps.

[/quote]

BH is one of the highest (if not the highest) paying districts in the state.

I think the problem is that they are 3 yrs into 4A and the Hill is not happy with the results.

It's gotta be the coaching. ;D

how he did steal that job.  Well, he has three years to get to state or they will run him off like they did the last coach. The freshman group that nimitz has coming in and the sophomore class that's over there now is goooooood. No more excuses about he dosen't have enough talent. The talent cup is over flowing at nimitz.

[quote name="jabu84" post="810524" timestamp="1276073516"]
how did steal that job.  Well, he has three years to get to state or they will run him off like they did the last coach. The freshman group that nimitz has coming in and the sophomore class that's over there now is goooooood. No more excuses about he dosen't have enough talent. The talent cup is over flowing at nimitz.
[/quote] Boy u hit the nail on the head.Loaded with talent over @ NIMITZ :) :) :) :) :)

[quote name="GCMPats" post="810493" timestamp="1276054041"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=70359.msg810125#msg810125 date=1275985656]

[/quote]

BH is one of the highest (if not the highest) paying districts in the state.

I think the problem is that they are 3 yrs into 4A and the Hill is not happy with the results.

It's gotta be the coaching. ;D
[/quote] Did u fine out about coach FOSTER yet. Its not the coaching at the HILL.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="811785" timestamp="1276309265"]
[quote author=jabu84 link=topic=70359.msg810524#msg810524 date=1276073516]
how did steal that job.  Well, he has three years to get to state or they will run him off like they did the last coach. The freshman group that nimitz has coming in and the sophomore class that's over there now is goooooood. No more excuses about he dosen't have enough talent. The talent cup is over flowing at nimitz.
[/quote] Boy u hit the nail on the head.Loaded with talent over @ NIMITZ :) :) :) :) :)
[/quote]About as much talent as in Big Sandy, huh?  ::)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="812741" timestamp="1276618920"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=70359.msg811785#msg811785 date=1276309265]
[/quote]About as much talent as in Big Sandy, huh?   ::)
[/quote]
but more talent than beaumont isd  :D :D :D :D :D :D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="812741" timestamp="1276618920"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=70359.msg811785#msg811785 date=1276309265]
[/quote]About as much talent as in Big Sandy, huh?   ::)
[/quote] You bet SOULJA

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="CATMAN" post="815131" timestamp="1277780226"]
Has BH hire a new coach yet coop.
[/quote]

BH hires new basketball coach
By Nathan Hague
The Baytown Sun
Published June 30, 2010
Barbers Hill named Tyron Lee to replace Nathan Toon as its new boys head basketball coach Monday night.

Lee was the head basketball coach at Farmersville High School for two years, after spending five years coaching at The Colony High School, and from 2001-2003 Lee coached at St. Michaels Academy in Bryan.

“He’s very vibrant and full of enthusiasm and vigor,” said Barbers Hill Superintendent Dr. Greg Poole. “He took a program that was dismal and took them to the playoffs. He’s a younger coach on his way up.”

Lee heard about the job opening from Barbers Hill football coach and Athletic Director Ronnie Gage.

“I have a connection with Coach Gage, and talking to him and other people in the area, it just seemed like a perfect fit,” Lee said. “He (Gage) was the athletic director of Lewisville ISD at the same time that I was in the area. When other people move here because of him, it’s a reflection on him. He’s that good.”

His time in the Mont Belvieu area has been brief, but Lee is satisfied with what he has seen so far.

“I love it to be honest with you,” he said. “It’s a great opportunity for me and my family. I have a wife and three young kids, and the area seems like a great place to raise a family. Everything I know about Barbers Hill, and everything people keep telling me, it just keeps getting better and better. I’m trying to get us moved as soon as I can.”

Lee hasn’t met the players on his new team yet, but he’s excited to do so based on what people are telling him.

“They have a strong work ethic and high character,” he said. “We’re on the same page, and I’m really excited about it.”

This year will be Lee’s eighth year coaching basketball, and just last year he led Farmersville to the playoffs for the first time in seven years.

It was an exciting time,” he said. “Those guys worked as hard as they could, I’m happy for them.”

During his freshman year, Lee played on the basketball team at Sul Ross University in Alpine where he majored in kinesiology. Later earned a masters degree from Texas A&M.

“I’ve known I wanted to be basketball coach since 16,” he said. “I love the game, and teaching is what I want to do, and luckily, I get to teach my favorite subject which is basketball.”

Lee will take over for Toon who coached the Eagles for five years. In his last year, Toon led the Eagles to a 22-11 record and took them to the playoffs for the third time during his tenure.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami