Who will be the Skipper at the HILL!!!!!

Guest GCMPats
I'm waiting for the day when someone hires a new coach and they say:

"We could have hired someone better, but this is the best we could do."

Probably will never happen that way. :)

[quote name="GCMPats" post="809980" timestamp="1275944361"]
Thanks for the carrot Scoop.
[/quote]

LOL. I hear an announcement is planned soon. From the small list of names that I knew had applied, it would've been hard to mess this hire up. Hard but not impossible.  ;)

The new baseball Head Coach is David Denny:

David Denny was born and raised in Humble by parents who were both public school educators.  He was a three-sport All-District performer in high school.  At the University of Texas he lettered on four SWC championship teams and four College World Series Teams.  In 1983, the Longhorns won the national title. Coach Denny was voted to the All SWC Team twice and an all-American team once.  He was drafted three times before signing to play professional baseball with the Philadelphia Phillies organization.

Coach Denny has coached at the University of Houston, reaching the regional championship game, Stephen F. Austin State University, Marble Falls H.S., and Elkhart H.S. He helped the Kenai Peninsula Oilers of the Alaskan Collegiate Summer League to a state championship and number one seed at the N.B.C. Championship Tournament in Wichita, Kansas. In 1997, his Houston-based summer team won the national championship for the 17-year-old division at the A.A.U. Junior Olympics.

Since 1995 he has been here at Kingwood. As an assistant he, and then Coach Gurley, helped guide the Mustangs to their only regional championship game. In 1999, his second year as head coach, the Mustangs finished tied with Baytown Sterling for the final playoff spot. Losing a one game playoff kept Kingwood from the state playoffs.  In 2004, Coach Denny guided the Mustangs to their first 30+ win season and their first state final-4 appearance.  In 2005, Coach Denny led the Mustangs to their best season ever, finishing as the 5A State Champions, a 35-6-1 record and #12 national ranking.  David Denny and his wife Kary have three children.

[quote name="GeeGanderdad" post="810282" timestamp="1276019595"]
Hey good pick Hill boys,The Hill just might ge it together,the players r there now lets see what the new skipper can come up with.....
[/quote]

Tough for me to say BH baseball didn't have it together. 2010 was the first time in over ten years that BH wasn't in the playoffs.

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="810288" timestamp="1276020861"]
[quote author=GeeGanderdad link=topic=70299.msg810282#msg810282 date=1276019595]
Hey good pick Hill boys,The Hill just might ge it together,the players r there now lets see what the new skipper can come up with.....
[/quote]

Tough for me to say BH baseball didn't have it together. 2010 was the first time in over ten years that BH wasn't in the playoffs.
[/quote]

That's great making it to the playoffs, but there is always talk that 19-4A is a easy district.  BTW not my opinion, just what I keep hearing.  Now the trick is to make it past round 1 or 2 of playoffs, to do that it takes coming together as a team.  Good luck next year BH.

[quote name="tnt_mom" post="810570" timestamp="1276095857"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=70299.msg810288#msg810288 date=1276020861]
[quote author=GeeGanderdad link=topic=70299.msg810282#msg810282 date=1276019595]
[/quote]

[/quote]

That's great making it to the playoffs, but there is always talk that 19-4A is a easy district.  BTW not my opinion, just what I keep hearing.  Now the trick is to make it past round 1 or 2 of playoffs, to do that it takes coming together as a team.  Good luck next year BH.
[/quote]

That has also been done..........as recently as 2007. Regional Semi-Finals.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833