LC-M vs. Magnolia Predictions? Pre-Game Talk/SERIES SET

Guest GCMPats
LCM will see much better pitching from the Bulldogs.

Not that KP was too shabby with Nichols and  Salter.

Magnolia in 2.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="799884" timestamp="1273443155"]
Magnolia in 2.   Just a flat out better team.  I've seen both teams against Brenham this year....   LCM was run-ruled and Magnolia put up 7 runs in the 7th to beat Brenham 9-8, one out of the two times they played Brenham.
[/quote]

I'm not saying that you are wrong because I don't know anything about Magnolia except that they are a good team but you are basing your prediction about a best of 3 series from a single game from two months ago?

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="799884" timestamp="1273443155"]
Magnolia in 2.  I've seen both teams against Brenham this year....[/quote]

FROM LAST WEEK
Re: Kingwood Park vs LCM set / comments
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2010, 08:38:16 AM » Quote  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have see them both play.......KP wins in two..... better hitting, pitching, and D...

Are you old enough to remember this?  
1st Man: Look, up in the sky! It's a plane!
2nd Man: It's a bird!
Woman: It's a frog!
1st Man: A frog?
Underdog: Not plane nor bird nor even frog. It's just little old me...
Underdog: Underdog

[quote name="tvc184" post="799887" timestamp="1273444256"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=69532.msg799884#msg799884 date=1273443155]
Magnolia in 2.   Just a flat out better team.  I've seen both teams against Brenham this year....   LCM was run-ruled and Magnolia put up 7 runs in the 7th to beat Brenham 9-8, one out of the two times they played Brenham.
[/quote]

I'm not saying that you are wrong because I don't know anything about Magnolia except that they are a good team but you are basing your prediction about a best of 3 series from a single game from two months ago?
[/quote]

Ya....wut they did 2 months ago is still part of their season and why both both teams are seeded where they are.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="799900" timestamp="1273448669"]
[quote author=tvc184 link=topic=69532.msg799887#msg799887 date=1273444256]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ya....wut they did 2 months ago is still part of their season and why both both teams are seeded where they are.
[/quote]

Ya.... wut GP did in the first game against PNG (not two months ago but last week) is part of the season also. What they did the next two games ended that season.

I didn't know that we got points for seeding but maybe I need to study the rules some more.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="799908" timestamp="1273450622"]
No points for seeding, but it does determine who u play.  All im saying is that i've seen both teams play and Magnolia looks like the more talented team.  Single game or 3 game series, I just think Magnolia is better.
[/quote]

I can't argue that.

I am just wondering about the rationale of basing if off of a single game a long time ago in the season and ignoring what has been done since but to each his own.

[quote name="retiredoldcoach" post="799891" timestamp="1273444603"]
Magnolia in 2.  I've seen both teams against Brenham this year....[/quote]

FROM LAST WEEK
Re: Kingwood Park vs LCM set / comments
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2010, 08:38:16 AM » Quote 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have see them both play.......KP wins in two..... better hitting, pitching, and D...

Are you old enough to remember this? 
1st Man: Look, up in the sky! It's a plane!
2nd Man: It's a bird!
Woman: It's a frog!
1st Man: A frog?
Underdog: Not plane nor bird nor even frog. It's just little old me...
Underdog: Underdog

[/quote]

The Bears have been hearing these types of predictions all year. Very few people if any even had them getting in the post season this year. I for one had them 5th and thought they could even end up 6th. (they proved me wrong) Then they were playing a district champion who had already beaten the Bears #1 pitcher and again no one, including me, gave them much of a chance. (again they proved me wrong) So I am going to take Magnolia in 3 and hope the Bears continue to prove everyone wrong. Good luck Bears!!!

The

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="799900" timestamp="1273448669"]
[quote author=tvc184 link=topic=69532.msg799887#msg799887 date=1273444256]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Come on.....being an "avid" Brenham fan you should know that theres more to it than that! Any team can win or lose in baseball on any given day! Like it or not, momentum is definitely a factor!

P.S. Ive really enjoyed oldretiredcoach's old sayings here of late! Keep em coming!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="800321" timestamp="1273547289"]
I agree, but i'm standing by my pick.  It's just my opinion, based on what i've seen after watching both teams play this year.  Anything could happen though.  I think all series should be 3 games. 
[/quote]
During that Brenham tourny LCM was in the Montgomery bracket so BrenhamFan probably only got to see LCM play one game. Based on LCM's performance during that game I dont blame BrenhamFan for thinking Magnolia is the better team. Since that lost LCM has lost 8 games.
2-Nederland - 20-4a champs
2-PNG - 20-4a 2nd place
2-KP - 19-4a champs. LCM also bet KP twice.
1-Bridge City - its Bridge City
So LCM has lost to 4 different teams since then. All made the play-offs. 3 of the teams have advanced to 2nd round and LCM elimanated the 4th team. I believe LCM has suprised alot of people this year, havent heard too much about them other than they have no experience, lost too many to graduation, cant hit, and have no pitching depth. The great thing about this TEAM is that it is not a one man TEAM. Every player has contributed to the TEAMS success. If LCMs season was to end tomorrow, they have no reason to hang their heads. We are all very proud of yall. Good luck Bears.

[quote name="Pearod" post="800350" timestamp="1273555120"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=69532.msg800321#msg800321 date=1273547289]
I agree, but i'm standing by my pick.  It's just my opinion, based on what i've seen after watching both teams play this year.  Anything could happen though.  I think all series should be 3 games. 
[/quote]
During that Brenham tourny LCM was in the Montgomery bracket so BrenhamFan probably only got to see LCM play one game. Based on LCM's performance during that game I dont blame BrenhamFan for thinking Magnolia is the better team. Since that lost LCM has lost 8 games.
2-Nederland - 20-4a champs
2-PNG - 20-4a 2nd place
2-KP - 19-4a champs. LCM also bet KP twice.
1-Bridge City - its Bridge City
So LCM has lost to 4 different teams since then. All made the play-offs. 3 of the teams have advanced to 2nd round and LCM elimanated the 4th team. I believe LCM has suprised alot of people this year, havent heard too much about them other than they have no experience, lost too many to graduation, cant hit, and have no pitching depth. The great thing about this TEAM is that it is not a one man TEAM. Every player has contributed to the TEAMS success. If LCMs season was to end tomorrow, they have no reason to hang their heads. We are all very proud of yall. Good luck Bears.
[/quote]

Very good point....  Not much longer and we'll have some answers

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin