The decision about the Beaumont's new athletic complex absolutely blows my mind.

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="793819" timestamp="1271995905"]
[quote author=Newbie link=topic=68741.msg793774#msg793774 date=1271990511]
One thing I've learned, [b]nothing[/b] is permanent.  Schools/buildings/businesses change names all the times. What goes up, must come down.  It's the circle of life. ;)
[/quote]
Yep, I think the Greenies would agree with you on that.
[/quote]
Check this out.

http://www.wgal.com/news/22817064/detail.html

and read page 3 of the "Carroll Butch Thomas Stadium" thread....hmmm

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SgtRey" post="793855" timestamp="1272025968"]Interesting huh...?[/quote]One can only wish.  Not likely to happen here, but probably should.  Instead of the mayor, maybe the same federal investigators that looked in Moore, will do us all a favor and look into Thomas.

Guest Newbie
Unfortunately, that's not gonna happen anytime soon in this town.  You gotta have [i]cojones[/i] to do that.  Our elected officials do not.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="Newbie" post="794063" timestamp="1272056658"]
Unfortunately, that's not gonna happen anytime soon in this town.  You gotta have [[b]i]cojones[/[/b]i] to do that.  Our elected officials do not.
[/quote]

What is [b]conjones[/b]?.. (I'm from Kirbyville)..I might have come down with a case of it and didn't know it.. ;D

Guest LR1969
All of this arguing and name calling over a football stadium, a brick structure in the middle of a former cow pasture where, supposedly, young men are going to learn great life lessons that will serve them later in life. They just might, as long as they avoid this conversation with men who are supposed to be examples for them. IT'S DONE! The name has been chosen and, regrettably, it is not your name (or mine) that will be up there. If it were up to me, it would just be called BISD Stadium but it's not. So, give it a rest before this gets out of hand and more walls are built between the people of SE Texas. It's not worth it!

[quote name="xavierbreath" post="791714" timestamp="1271602955"]
[quote author=sig220 link=topic=68741.msg791695#msg791695 date=1271599067]
The main problem I have with the naming is the loss of revenue.  They could have sold the naming rights to the complex and then named the field after him if that is what they decided to do.  Motiva, Goodyear, etc probably would have paid money to have their name on the complex.  Poor thinking by the board.
[/quote]

Very good point.  I believe the naming rights would have capable of bringing in serious dollars because of the location on I-10.
I don't remember the exact numbers, [b]but selling the name "Ford Park" generated some much needed revenue for the county.[/b]
[/quote]
Of which SMG sucked right back up......

Not from beaumont and glad of it....I have lived in Houston before (Galena Park; Northshore area) and dont recall hearing all the fuss that i always hear coming from the Beaumont area. the only way to fix the problems that you have with the school board and the sup. are to VOTE them out just like our congress and the B.O. Regime come November.  Until then, you are just wasting you breathe.  And yes, SFA85, every post (written by you) I have read since I created my screen name has had some sort of racial rhetoric to it.  Also, the problem is not just with BISD or PAISD or any of its students.  It is with the adults as stated earlier.  As a country we have become so politically correct that we cannot fathom someone questioning another without being accused of some sort of "ism" ie: sexism racism.  we cant question the people that we elect and put into office even when we pay their salary.  as i read earlier only 6% of the people polled thought it was a good idea to use CBT as the name for the complex.  I personally believe that only a self loathing individual with a great amount of putrid arrogance would do such a thing as take taxpayer money to build something only to have it named after themselves.  Kind of the way our governmet works all the way up i guess.  it's no longer the power of the people, but the power of the individual and what can be done for oneself. 

[quote name="Kville99" post="794432" timestamp="1272131881"]
Not from beaumont and glad of it....I have lived in Houston before (Galena Park; Northshore area) and dont recall hearing all the fuss that i always hear coming from the Beaumont area. the only way to fix the problems that you have with the school board and the sup. are to VOTE them out just like our congress and the B.O. Regime come November.  Until then, you are just wasting you breathe.  And yes, SFA85, every post (written by you) I have read since I created my screen name has had some sort of racial rhetoric to it.  Also, the problem is not just with BISD or PAISD or any of its students.  It is with the adults as stated earlier.  As a country we have become so politically correct that we cannot fathom someone questioning another without being accused of some sort of "ism" ie: sexism racism.  we cant question the people that we elect and put into office even when we pay their salary.  as i read earlier only 6% of the people polled thought it was a good idea to use CBT as the name for the complex.  I personally believe that only a self loathing individual with a great amount of putrid arrogance would do such a thing as take taxpayer money to build something only to have it named after themselves.   Kind of the way our governmet works all the way up i guess.  it's no longer the power of the people, but the power of the individual and what can be done for oneself. 
[/quote]

Great post!

I believe anyone that is honorable and humble would decline having something named after them until they had retired or moved on.

The honorable thing to do (in my opinion) would be to say thank you for the kind gesture, but lets see if we can't sell the naming rights (for additional revenue), but if you feel strongly about naming something after me, name the field house or field itself.

But that's just my opinion

[quote name="xavierbreath" post="794556" timestamp="1272168375"]
I believe anyone that is honorable and humble would decline having something named after them until they had retired or moved on.

The honorable thing to do (in my opinion) would be to say thank you for the kind gesture, but lets see if we can't sell the naming rights (for additional revenue), but if you feel strongly about naming something after me, name the field house or field itself.

[/quote]good post and i agree with you on it!

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="794566" timestamp="1272171246"]
[quote author=xavierbreath link=topic=68741.msg794556#msg794556 date=1272168375]
I believe anyone that is honorable and humble would decline having something named after them[b] until they had retired or moved on[/b].

[/quote]good post and i agree with you on it!
[/quote]I have to agree. After watching Jerry not call "Cowboy stadium", "Jerry's Palace" ;D

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="SgtRey" post="793698" timestamp="1271981996"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=68741.msg793557#msg793557 date=1271965121]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=68741.msg793479#msg793479 date=1271954449]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=68741.msg793475#msg793475 date=1271953999]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=68741.msg793222#msg793222 date=1271904110]
Sure.  They can fill up the 500 minus capacity of Bobcat stadium...
[/quote]

Based on percentage of population, Orangefield wipes any BISD school off the map in fan support. ;)
[/quote]

Woo Hoo!        ::)   To use your words, give them a cookie.
[/quote] :D :D :D
[/quote]
We have a good fan base at WB....work all the ratios you want...there's nothing else to do in those lil towns, but walk out side, sit in the yard and watch a game....
[/quote]

You forgot one thing, Get a good education. By the way we like sitting in our yards and watching the game. It is cheaper like that.

Guest bleed orange
Hey SGTJERK, we love our small school. Were parents support their kids in great numbers and they get a better education based on numbers than Westbrook does or any school from Beaumont except Kelly.  :P

[quote name="bleed orange" post="794738" timestamp="1272244848"]
Hey SGTJERK, we love our small school. Were parents support their kids in great numbers and they get a better education based on numbers than Westbrook does or any school from Beaumont except Kelly.  :P
[/quote]
Hey PMS Orange, We support our kids in great numbers too...use what ever numbers you want tampax, if my boys are in the top 15% of their class....They're probably number one or two in Orangefield...

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="SgtRey" post="794748" timestamp="1272247288"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=68741.msg794738#msg794738 date=1272244848]
[/quote]
Hey PMS Orange, We support our kids in great numbers too...use what ever numbers you want tampax, if my boys are in the top 15% of their class....They're probably number one or two in Orangefield...
[/quote]

Dream on!!!!! I have seen how you support your kids at the high school level and there is no comparison. 

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="zeroturn" post="794768" timestamp="1272249538"]
I thought this was a sports forum..........
[/quote]

Your right, good post.