The decision about the Beaumont's new athletic complex absolutely blows my mind.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Newbie" post="795111" timestamp="1272327751"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=68741.msg794738#msg794738 date=1272244848]
Hey SGTJERK, we love our small school. Were parents support their kids in great numbers and they get a better education based on numbers than Westbrook does or any school from Beaumont except Kelly.  :P
[/quote]
Okay, I looked on the TEA website and although West Brook is academically acceptable and Orangefield is Recognized, the numbers just don't support your claim.  Compare the SAT and ACT average scores, heck include Lumberton to the mix.  I'll stick with WB.  I'm too lazy to copy and paste the links but they're there if you're interested.  For a campus that is so diverse in ethnicity, economic class, and social standing, our kids aren't doing too bad.
Mediocre athletic achievements, you say?  Check this out:  [url=http://www.beaumont.k12.tx.us/ath-results.pdf]BISD site[/url]  Although not complete, it gives you an insight of what our melting pot can do.  Yes, girls soccer and softball were district champs this year, and girls powerlifting are state champs, AGAIN  :)
[/quote]

You proved my point Orangefield is recognized and Westbrook is acceptable. What does ethnicity, economic class or social standing have anything to do with it? No way we could compare the SAT/ACT because that information is not public. We have way less kids than you guys do thus our percentage would be higher. Has nothing to do with ethnic groups.

Look I said in a earlier post that I knew a kid that tranfered from Westbrook to PNG. That kid said the classes were harder at PNG. That is what he said, sorry. You guys started bashing Orangefield. Not going to let that happen just like you are not with Westbrook, understandable.

I will not let my wife or my daughter go to parkdale mall at night by themselves. Enough said.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bleed orange
You said and I quote "For a campus that is so diverse in ethnicity, economic class, and social standing, our kids aren't doing too bad." I agree they are but what does this have to do with anything. Do you think God made one race better than the other. I dont think so he made all men/women equal. You think we dont have economic class? Drive through Orangefield you will see the economic class. It will suprise you. most of the kids from Orangefield do not have a silver spoon in their mouth. Matter of fact there is more from Westbrook percentage wise of course. ;D ;D

Guest Newbie
[quote name="bleed orange" post="795134" timestamp="1272330298"]
[quote author=Newbie link=topic=68741.msg795111#msg795111 date=1272327751]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=68741.msg794738#msg794738 date=1272244848]
Hey SGTJERK, we love our small school. Were parents support their kids in great numbers and they get a better education based on numbers than Westbrook does or any school from Beaumont except Kelly.  :P
[/quote]
Okay, I looked on the TEA website and although West Brook is academically acceptable and Orangefield is Recognized, the numbers just don't support your claim.  Compare the SAT and ACT average scores, heck include Lumberton to the mix.  I'll stick with WB.  I'm too lazy to copy and paste the links but they're there if you're interested.  For a campus that is so diverse in ethnicity, economic class, and social standing, our kids aren't doing too bad.
Mediocre athletic achievements, you say?  Check this out:  [url=http://www.beaumont.k12.tx.us/ath-results.pdf]BISD site[/url]  Although not complete, it gives you an insight of what our melting pot can do.  Yes, girls soccer and softball were district champs this year, and girls powerlifting are state champs, AGAIN  :)
[/quote]

What does ethnicity, economic class or social standing have anything to do with it? No way we could compare the SAT/ACT because that information is not public. We have way less kids than you guys do thus our percentage would be higher. Has nothing to do with ethnic groups.

You guys started bashing Orangefield. Not going to let that happen just like you are not with Westbrook, understandable.

I will not let my wife or my daughter go to parkdale mall at night by themselves. Enough said.
[/quote]
These numbers are [b]public[/b] on the TEA site. 
Source: [url=http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/cgi/sas/broker?_service=marykay&_program=perfrept.perfmast.sas&prgopt=2009/aeis/alltypec.sas&year4=2009&search=campback&year2=09&topic=aeis&gifname=g_aeis09campus&title=AEIS+Report&level=campus&ptype=HTML&sublevel=camp&third=0&campback=123910008]West Brook[/url]
        [url=http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/cgi/sas/broker?_service=marykay&_program=perfrept.perfmast.sas&prgopt=2009/aeis/alltypec.sas&year4=2009&search=campback&year2=09&topic=aeis&gifname=g_aeis09campus&title=AEIS+Report&level=campus&ptype=HTML&sublevel=camp&third=0&campback=181905001]Orangefield[/url]

It is broken down by ethnicity.  Compare.  I did not break it down to racial classes.  TEA did.

I have NEVER bashed Orangefield.  What you let your family do is your choice.  What they do behind your back is theirs  ;D  My family knows how to take care of themselves.  And yes, they have been by themselves in Houston, New York, and LA.  When my children grow up, I want them to be able to travel to places.  I doubt they'll live in Beaumont after college.