The decision about the Beaumont's new athletic complex absolutely blows my mind.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PNGFan" post="791968" timestamp="1271693748"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=68741.msg791880#msg791880 date=1271680052]
I know when the district merge and how long each school existed.  I blame those who were in power when Beaumont had 2 school districts and after the merger.  It is what it is.  Back on topic:  Congrats to CBT making those haters mad.....
[/quote]

If CBT was white, your whole attitude would be different.
[/quote]

If CBT was white then he'd be the "hater".

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="SFA85" post="791845" timestamp="1271646543"]
You speak of computers and basketball goals.  I speak of busing patterns, textbooks, school history(demolishing Charlton Pollard), textbooks, segregation et al.  I've only been in Beaumont since '91 but I saw the whole thing from Port Arthur growing up......
[/quote]

Beaumont is slowly turning into Port Arthur. I am not understanding your post. Are you blaming everything that happened to Port Arthur on white people?

[quote name="bleed orange" post="792121" timestamp="1271721484"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=68741.msg791845#msg791845 date=1271646543]
You speak of computers and basketball goals.  I speak of busing patterns, textbooks, school history(demolishing Charlton Pollard), textbooks, segregation et al.  I've only been in Beaumont since '91 but I saw the whole thing from Port Arthur growing up......
[/quote]

Beaumont is slowly turning into Port Arthur. I am not understanding your post. Are you blaming everything that has happened around the world on white people?
[/quote]

fify

lol....I remember a parent(black) recenly claimed her child was making bad grades at WB....so she moved her child to Central and said that she is making good grades now....I said what was the problem...she said "those white teachers were giving my baby too much home work cause she was black"....I said " What?.... are you serious!?" and you better believe it...she was...

1956 is happening again, but the shoe is on the other foot...

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="SgtRey" post="792123" timestamp="1271722575"]
lol....I remember a parent(black) recenly claimed her child was making bad grades at WB....so she moved her child to Central and said that she is making good grades now....I said what was the problem...she said "those white teachers were giving my baby too much home work cause she was black"....I said " What?.... are you serious!?" and you better believe it...she was...

[/quote]

I have a very good friend who moved their child from West Brook to Port Neches. That child told me that everything was harder at Port Neches. Education and athletics. Seems Port Neches works their kids a lot harder and prepares them for life a little better than West Brook.

[/quote]

Beaumont is slowly turning into Port Arthur. I am not understanding your post. Are you blaming everything that happened to Port Arthur on white people?
[/quote]
No, just comparing and contrasting.  And this is not about PA, this is about the complaits on this board, mostly from outsiders on the name choice of the new stadium.  So my responses are toward those on this side of town who have their crying towels out.  Like I said earlier, before CBT, the school district meeting were all on TV, car lined up on all 4 sides on the administration buildig.  I can't remember how it was when I worked for Ch. 4 in '88 but I'm willing to bet it was the same.  East vs. West.  Black vs. White.  All I know after living in Beaumont since '91 and working in the district as a sub, there was a need for new buildings and CBT with the help of the voters met that need.  Before that, the status quo was acceptible.....

[quote name="bleed orange" post="792126" timestamp="1271723261"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=68741.msg792123#msg792123 date=1271722575]

[/quote]

I have a very good friend who moved their child from West Brook to Port Neches. That child told me that everything was harder at Port Neches. Education and athletics. Seems Port Neches works their kids a lot harder and prepares them for life a little better than West Brook.
[/quote]

Well I work with a slue of MidCounty grads.  Seems like they do well in Brown-nosing vs. actually learning the job but that's just me.....

[quote name="SFA85" post="792153" timestamp="1271727762"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=68741.msg792126#msg792126 date=1271723261]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Well I work with a slue of MidCounty grads.  Seems like they do well in Brown-nosing vs. actually learning the job but that's just me.....
[/quote]

Have you ever thought they may just be smarter than you?? Nevermind, you think no one is smarter than yourself....And everything negative thats happened in your life was caused by someone from Mid County....geeeeez, you need a life.....You may bother some with your post but I actually feel sorry for you.

Guest bleed orange
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=68741.msg792126#msg792126 date=1271723261]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I work with a slue of MidCounty grads.  Seems like they do well in Brown-nosing vs. actually learning the job but that's just me.....
[/quote]

I agree with you about the white kids. You did not say that, I did. I would not say "brown nose" I would say "LAZY" and spoiled. In reallity that is all kids not just white and not all kids are spoiled. See that is the American way in this day and time. Also voters are not always tax payers. So don't you think the actual people who pay taxes should have some say so. White, black, asian, mexican, and all other ethnics groups.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

great stuff........

The facilities at all three high schools suck...as do all or most schools in BISD. You got more portable buildings in this school district than you do in most rv parks. The guy had enough nerve to put a pre-fab builing at Westbrook....which has had nothing but problems...not mention that we have freaking hurricannes all the time. This guy is an egotistical idiot.Yet the the school board gives him clearly outstanding evaluations and another year contract. If we wanted to get rid of him it would cost us well over a million dollars. Second if he is so loved, why don't he man up and go back to at large positions in BISD. He has done nothing for us nor will he ever, yet we name a freaking stadium after him. I appreciate the member that stood up and voted no...and detest the former West Brook teacher who used to nothing but gripe about he was at school, until she became a hob nobber on the school board.

SFA, I went to school in Beaumont from K-12, and most of my schools in the west end that I attended didn't even have windows (Vincent and West Brook), but thanks to the ping pong ball when I went to Price for 4th and 5th in the pear orchard I had windows in my school. The funny thing is atleast during my time black and white kids got along (maybe not the parents), but heck my senior year of football at WB we only had like 5 white kids on varsity. That was when they only had Central and West Brook. There was no race issue. The pear orchard got their school back, I don't see the issue.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="tupac7" post="792183" timestamp="1271730681"]
The facilities at all three high schools suck...as do all or most schools in BISD. You got more portable buildings in this school district than you do in most rv parks. The guy had enough nerve to put a pre-fab builing at Westbrook....which has had nothing but problems...not mention that we have freaking hurricannes all the time. This guy is an egotistical idiot.Yet the the school board gives him clearly outstanding evaluations and another year contract. If we wanted to get rid of him it would cost us well over a million dollars. Second if he is so loved, why don't he man up and go back to at large positions in BISD. He has done nothing for us nor will he ever, yet we name a freaking stadium after him. I appreciate the member that stood up and voted no...and detest the former West Brook teacher who used to nothing but gripe about he was at school, until she became a hob nobber on the school board.
[/quote]

But hey they have a new ahtletic complex that will motivate the kids for higher education. Money well spent. ::) BISD is on top of the game.

[/quote]

[b]Beaumont is slowly turning into Port Arthur[/b]. I am not understanding your post. Are you blaming everything that happened to Port Arthur on white people?
[/quote]

You are correct.  I graduated from TJ in 1984, lived there till they put a fence.....yes a fence around TJ.  Why did they do that? Did it have anything to do with combining all the high schools to one? 

All you folks that want to see Beaumont do well should take a drive to Port Arthur.  Drive down gulfway drive and check it out.  See if it is starting to look similar to Beaumont.  If it is (and it is), something needs to change.

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="792225" timestamp="1271736166"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=68741.msg792121#msg792121 date=1271721484]
[/quote]

[b]Beaumont is slowly turning into Port Arthur[/b]. I am not understanding your post. Are you blaming everything that happened to Port Arthur on white people?
[/quote]

You are correct.  I graduated from TJ in 1984, lived there till they put a fence.....yes a fence around TJ.  Why did they do that? Did it have anything to do with combining all the high schools to one? 

All you folks that want to see Beaumont do well should take a drive to Port Arthur.  Drive down gulfway drive and check it out.  See if it is starting to look similar to Beaumont.  If it is (and it is), something needs to change.
[/quote]

I would suggest people drive to Fort Bend ISD and see all the new construction since 2000 which includes 4 new high schools.  And Trippy, it's called White Flight.  Alot of you left PA after the layoffs in '82 and '84.....

[quote name="SFA85" post="792237" timestamp="1271741624"]
[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=68741.msg792225#msg792225 date=1271736166]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=68741.msg792121#msg792121 date=1271721484]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would suggest people drive to Fort Bend ISD and see all the new construction since 2000 which includes 4 new high schools.  And Trippy, it's called White Flight.  Alot of you left PA after the layoffs in '82 and '84.....
[/quote]
Unfortunately...
that school district (Fort Bend) is millions of dollars in the hole.
As a previous post said...
It is amazing how the kids of all races actually get along, even in the schools of Beaumont, it is the adults who spoil everything.

[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=68741.msg792225#msg792225 date=1271736166]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You finally see the light.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="792169" timestamp="1271729132"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=68741.msg792153#msg792153 date=1271727762]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I work with a slue of MidCounty grads.  Seems like they do well in Brown-nosing vs. actually learning the job but that's just me.....
[/quote]

I agree with you about the white kids. You did not say that, I did. I would not say "brown nose" I would say "LAZY" and spoiled. In reallity that is all kids not just white and not all kids are spoiled. See that is the American way in this day and time. Also voters are not always tax payers. So don't you think the actual people who pay taxes should have some say so. White, black, asian, mexican, and all other ethnics groups.
[/quote]

My kids live and attend the West End schools....there isn't a place in PA that compares to it!  As for Mid County, I like it, but I like the ethnic diversity at West Brook....you can generalize all the kids and parents you want...I care most about what happens between the four walls my family live in....It's how you react to what happens to you in this world that will make a difference.  Read that a couple of times... ;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You are right, most people left because of jobs......the rest left because of the school district.

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="792270" timestamp="1271768668"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=68741.msg792237#msg792237 date=1271741624]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry I messed up your screen name Chippy

[/quote]

[/quote]

You are right, most people left because of jobs......the rest left because of the school district.
[/quote]

[quote name="bleed orange" post="792126" timestamp="1271723261"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

From that evidence, you were able to draw that conclusion?