LETS TALK ABOUT YOUR JV

skipper

Baytown Lee's jv is pretty decent I think. They are 3-2 the best I can remember. Lee rarely has anyone on JV though that will ever do much on varsity. Any good underclassmen are already on varsity. The freshman team is the place to look for Lee's future. Lee's freshman A is 4-1, and they have quite a few good athletes that should be contributors, some as early as next year.

Judging JV teams can be tricky. If the JV is successful, but are made up of predominantly Juniors then that doesn't necessarily translate into a succesful varsity. If they are predominantly Sophomores, then they could translate into success. I agree with someone earlier who posted that it's best to keep an eye on the freshman teams, if they are all kept together, which most schools do.

HF jv is made up about 1/2 soph and juniors. They all are ok players but most are undersized for their positions. Our better players (sophs) who would have been on this team are on varsity because of their speed and are starting. Probably the best three jv players are on Offense. The QB was a starting WR on varsity. Made plays when he got touches but we haven't thrown the ball well on varsity. He was sent down and allowed to play QB. He is very fast and athletic. He did real well against HJs jv. We also had a soph RB that was sent down to get reps. Hes undersized but fast and instinctive. The running ability of the QB has opened lanes for him to run up the middle. We have a junior WR who should have played varsity but was overlooked by the coaches because of his short stature. He is very fast, athletic, and catches everything thrown his way. I'm unsure of the win lost record. But just as the others have said in the other posts its hard to gauge good play on jv because if the players were real good they probably would be on varsity playing or backups. That all depends on the depth ahead of them. I anticipate a few of these guys getting called up to varsity if we continue to lose.

wos jv is 5-0 and 1-0 in district coming off an impressive win against newtons jv last week and newton had about 8 or 9 varsity players with them since they were off last week this week jv will play in hardin jefferson

The WOS and Dayton JV game was a good one.

WOS 14 - Dayton 6

Lots of speed on the field, low scoring, excellent game.

hj's jv is not horrible.....

7-0 vs bridge city

20-6 vs hamshire fannett

beat ec

lost two other close ones to cleveland and anahuac

What has hurt have been fumbles. The D has played pretty good and the offense has moved the ball in every game... A little in experience in a few sports, but they will be ok.

• 2 years later...
Guest Bucman08

hj's jv is not horrible.....

7-0 vs bridge city

20-6 vs hamshire fannett

beat ec

lost two other close ones to cleveland and anahuac

What has hurt have been fumbles.  The D has played pretty good and the offense has moved the ball in every game...  A little in experience in a few sports, but they will be ok.

NO THEY LOST TO EC 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin