BEST COACH IN THE AREA

Guest EagleFan01

He also coached in Newton for a year cause he also turned Newton's softball team into a winner. They made the playoffs in his first year there so he is a very good coach.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a two horse race.

You have Barbay and Hooks (you can make an argument either way for which is 1 and which is 2) and then the rest. Period.

Think of it this way, if you were to ask statewide who the best coach in the state is there are exactly two names from this area that would be discussed in all 4 regions:

Barbay and Hooks.

Craduer may be an excellent coach, but I could do what he has done so far this year! I mean, come on, these kids haven't lost a game since PeeWee football, so how much coaching does it take? All ANYONE would need at Lumberton this year is Commercial Driver's Liscense! :shock:

OK - I just couldn't resist :oops: . I truly believe Craduer is a good coach, but only time, like 20 seasons or so, will tell. In the meantime, it's Barbay and Hooks. Also worth mentioning is Lucky Gamble, as far as results go. :shock:

Blake Morrison should be mentioned...he has taken a team this year that was picked dead last in almost every publication and has these boys in the hunt for a playoff spot. He's new to the head coaching ranks I understand that' date=' but he has a bright future ahead of him. I just hope we can keep him and his coaching staff around for a long time.[/quote']

Morrison had them last year, also, without a lot of success, no diss intended. I think ALOT of credit for this season's success so far goes to the new OC, Josh Smalley, since I know the guy and what kind of relationship he builds with the players. He's gonne be somebody some day - I hate BC lost him, but I'm glad for him.

3A Birdman, you did it, you mentioned an assistant. So here it is the team of Dan Ray and Cornell is the best (coach) in the area. They together get more out of their players than anyone else in the area. Credeur,Stump, Morrison, and Moody of LCM seem to be moving their programs in the right direction, but can't be mentioned in this group after a 1/2 to a year and a half of coaching. Coach Barbay would be my second choice, as he always has Newton in the hunt.

Tell me about it. They always stud up in scrimmages and games. Kirbyville blasted Newton in that scrimmage. Yeah scrimmage' date=' wish it would have been a game. Kirbyville in a freaking romp!!!![/quote']

/yawn

This guy is getting tiresome. Really holding on to that theortical win against Newton you have imagined eh?

You have to rank Hooks and Barbay the top two . I'm going to go woth Stowers as #3, right now. He turned Central from 1-9 to district champs in one year, and the frontrunner this year. No slight to Dayton, but Central is the defending disrtict champs and if you knock them off, then you'll be the frontrunners. I know he has athletes, but so did the guy before him and he could'nt get it done. After Stowers, I'd put Neuman. He's been very consistant for a dozen or so years a Nederland.

You have to rank Hooks and Barbay the top two . I'm going to go woth Stowers as #3' date=' right now. He turned Central from 1-9 to district champs in one year, and the frontrunner this year. No slight to Dayton, but Central is the defending disrtict champs and if you knock them off, then you'll be the frontrunners. I know he has athletes, but so did the guy before him and he could'nt get it done. After Stowers, I'd put Neuman. He's been very consistant for a dozen or so years a Nederland.[/quote'] :shock:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder