BH Finds New Center

bh146

Reportedly could be the best in Barbers Hill history. Player had to exchange his #12 jersey though for #59. Snaps are grest but fans howl that new center doesn't hold his block on 300 lb. nose guards.

Please explain. Who is the new center?

If I am thinking right. I believe this is a sarcastic shot at you BH89. Only you would not catch the humor in this post. I think this is downright hilarious. Anyone in their right mind would know this isn't true.

I am Ok with that. :D:D I have been good though, so the shot must have been at my BHFAn friend...... :D:D

Having said that, nothing would suprise me anymore. :D

No, of course Mason isn't exchanging jerseys. Just a response to all those who are clamoring about doing something about the center snaps.

There have been 4 centers used in the 5 games played. It isn't that the players and coaches aren't trying to solve the problem. But in our offense, the center position requires a lot more skill than a normal center or a deep snapper. The snaps look fine in practice but game conditions present different challenges. Sometimes you just have trouble finding a center who can do it without having bad snaps. Or maybe some of the snaps are not really that bad. But they get mishandled by a relative inexperience QB.

To me, the skill of doing a blind snap and taking off to go make a block is more difficult than punting a football. In punting, the ball is snapped to you and you just kick it. But there are some seasons where you can line up practically the whole team and practice every day. Yet it may be difficult to find some one who can kick the ball farther than 25-30 yards down the field.

I know that this is the first time for these players to perform at the varsity level and that might be part of the trouble. But I have faith that the problems will be resolved soon.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder