Your Best Highschool Football Teams

D3zii

I think we had a related topic to this, but For Central in order of best I think it would have to be. This is just my Opinion,

1.1990- Lost to #1 Team in Nation Aldein in 1st Round that year..Had a good offense and The best Defense in the Area that Year IMO.
2.2006- Had the Most Talent on One Team. Lost to State Champion La Marque..Also had one of the Best Offense to come through Central
3.2008- Had The Best Secondary in The State that Year IMO. Really good Defense all around. Had Very good Athletes. Very Deep Team
4.1992- Had A really good Offense , and Good Defense. Lost to MacArthur in 1st round
5.1991- That was the year McElroy Played, Very good Player, One of the best to come throguh Central

Really Central always Has good Defense, we just cant keep on good Offense year in and Year out. We get a good Offesne one year, then Off the Next

• 2 weeks later...
2009- State Finalist.  Led by Utah bound Terrell Reese, SMU committ Jeremy Hall, and Utah commit Michael Walker.  Brenham came up just shy of their first state title.  Coach West claims this team had the best chemistry out of all the teams he's coached.

2005- Semi Finalist.  We were upset by Calallen, with what was prolly our most talented team ever.  This team was led by Jarrett Lee (LSU), Brandon Collins (Texas), A.J. Edwards (Houston), Justin Daniels (Houston), Lester Ward (Nebraska), Kyle Mangan (A&M), Trenton Thomas (TCU), Kendrick Washington (Tulane), Kendrell Washington (Tulane), Ryan Roberson (Nebraska), Ahmad Howard (Texas), Luke Poehlmann (Texas).  Loaded with D1 talent. 

2002- State Finalist.  First title appearance, falling to Denton Ryan.  Led by Limas Sweed (Texas), Jeff Filmore (Houston), Wade Sisk (TCU), Dustin Moore (Arkansas).     

1. 2008 Central Jags - This was a historic Jag team.  Very 'blue collared'! 4 rounds deep in the playoffs!

2. 2003 Central Jags - Ranks as one of the best defenses to walk the halls staring a now current NFL player.

3. 1991 Central Jags - Leeland McElroy..  Enough said

4. 2005 Central Jags - Can't go wrong with an outright district championship...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="780545" timestamp="1269321148"]
1. 2008 Central Jags - This was a historic Jag team.  Very 'blue collared'! 4 rounds deep in the playoffs!

2. 2003 Central Jags - Ranks as one of the best defenses to walk the halls staring a now current NFL player.

3. 1991 Central Jags - Leeland McElroy..  Enough said

4. 2005 Central Jags - Can't go wrong with an outright district championship...
[/quote]

I wasnt really in the Area from 2001 to 2004, But I heard of the 2003 Jag Team. People always tell me they had one of the Best Defense to play at Central that Year.

For HJ i think it would be

1998 State Quarter Finalists
(Not sure what year) but from what i hear they had a loaded team and were expected to make a deep run, but got realigned into 4A and ended up doing terrible

Side note -

2008 playoff team IMO was one of the best in a while, first year since 2005 we made playoffs and stuck with some teams
2009 missed playoffs by one game, first time HJ had ever lead WOS 7-0 in first quarter final was 19-10 i believe.. This year although we didnt make playoffs we definatly played the Powerhouse teams in our district alot closer

I think the HJ program is definately going in the right direction.. I think next year might be a re-building season after losing 10 starters on defense and 6 on offense, but after that i'd look for HJ to be a playoff team again

Baytown Lee:

1994 - Beat Aldine Eisenhower in the first round, lost to Galveston Ball by about 10 in the second round.  Ball ended up in the state semi-finals.
1995 - Lost to Humble in the first round by a field goal.  Humble went on to the state semi-finals.
1997 - Lost to Alief Hastings in round three.  Hastings went on to play for the championship I believe.
2003 - Great team, somehow lost to Nimitz in the first round on a couple of fluke plays.

The 1997 team, led by a junior Ell Roberson, was really poised to do some damage.  The Ganders were all over Hastings early, but Ell threw about 4 or 5 int's in that game and the Bears beat us by 10.  The 4th round would have been against West Brook, who the Ganders beat like a drum in the regular season.
That year had one of our better defenses, and a lot of playmakers at wide receiver.
I can remember the game against Hastings like it was yesterday.  Tully Stadium, Lee had our whole side filled up and half of Hastings' side.  Just couldn't get it done.

Guest GCMPats
Baytown Sterling:

Gotta go back a long ways here.

1971 State Finalist
Lost to MOJO 37-7 in the championship game. The Rangers were a dominant team in the 70's.

Finished the season 9-1. Missed the playoffs after losing first district game to Pasadena Dobie. Back then only one team qualified.

1982 Area Finalist
"Lost" to eventual State Champion Beaumont West Book 7-7 in the Dome.  Teams tied on penetrations and WB won on first downs. (Thank goodness for new overtime rules.) That was some major suckage.

Since then, it's been a long and painful road.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="782245" timestamp="1269608332"]
The last good football teams in Baytown were in the 1950's..Lee lost in the State Championship game in 1951 and 1952 both times to Lubbock..I believe in 54 and 55 they lost in the semi-final..So i would say Baytown has had nothing to brag about since the mid-50's....
[/quote]

The last good football team from Baytown might have been the 2009 GCM Patriots. They seemed to have no trouble handling bigdaddyblue's Eagles on the Hill. Don't let the final score fool ya. It was not that close.

No way i would live in BH...I'm to old school...If my kid has no talent,I'm not going to be up there trying to run off the coach because i sent him to camp all summer and now he should be a D1 kid...HAHA..Live in Crosby...Just a little history note to the post about Baytown Lee back in the 50's..Back then Cedar Bayou was a school district separate from Baytown..Cedar Bayou was a powerhouse in 1A.For football reasons Baytown took over Cedar Bayou and this help create Baytown Lee's glory years of football in the 50's...

Newton state championship teams of 1974, 1998, & 2005
In 1981 Newton tied Cameron in game and lost on first downs. Cameron won state that year.
In 1989 Newton missed extra point against Mexia that let Mexia win.( very contreversarial miss, believe he made it to this day)
anyway Mexia won state that year.
In 2004 lost to Boyd in the Championship game.
probably at least 10 other teams were real good,just injuries and bad breaks kept them from there full potential.

1982- State Champs
1997- 4 rounds deep
2007- Lots of talent, lost in the 2nd round due to a late FB Clements rally, definitely had to potential to go all the way.

This year's team was great too with the discipline and unity. But not one of the best ever though.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw