unsigned juniors that have a chance playing at the next level?

[quote name="catlab" post="773730" timestamp="1268145923"]
how can a junior commit much less sign with a college, when a university is not supposed to contact them officially until after june of their junior year. i'm not the rules guru so someone correct me if i'm wrong
[/quote]You are right they can not directly contact the kid by phone "R" person . But they can send letters asking a number of questions and showing a little intrist.But you never know If you know what I meen ;)

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="catlab" post="773730" timestamp="1268145923"]
how can a junior commit much less sign with a college, when a university is not supposed to contact them officially until after june of their junior year. i'm not the rules guru so someone correct me if i'm wrong
[/quote]

Many players have "verbaled" early. The kid from Brenham as been a "verbal" commitment to Arkansas since he was a sophomore. Cecchini from the Sundevils "verbaled" to LSU as a sophomore this summer. The Perfect Game website list early "commitments" from juniors and sophomores all the time.

Then you have the 13 yr old football player that has committed to USC.

I am not 100% certain of the rules, but I know it happens and it must be legal in the eyes of the NCAA. You must remember that committing and signing upon meeting entrance requirements are two different stories.

It's like the joke from a Seinfeld episode: "Anyone can TAKE the reservation, but can you HOLD the reservation"

NCAA.ORG, Checked it out for the rules. July 1st 2010 is first contact date, once a week by the coaches although you may contact them all you want after they call you. If you call a coach and get his answering machine he will not call you back until the next week, but it is good to leave a message showing him you are interested. A contact is considered any person on that staff meaning each coach may not contact you once, only one contact a week from that school. These coaches work their butt off all summer looking for talent and trying to fill in the missing pieces they know are coming up on their rosters. It's a good idea to contact all them back with a yes, no or interested response. It is also a very good idea to contact all them back after you have verbally committed so they can move on. A player may verbally committ at any time, but why, verbally committing at a early age takes you out of the loop of the scouting process. What if the coach leaves, a budget crunch at the School, a NCAA violation, etc.

Well my son played for the Astros and was 112 for 112 all singles.stole 336 bases and pitched 12 no hitters. He has already commited to UT,LSU,Arkansas andMiami.He is a BEAST!lol. Does anyone else know any non committed 4th graders in the area.lol He also pitches and catches at the same time

Joking aside, [u]Reggie Wilson[/u] is a junior at West Brook that has a definite chance to play at the next level.
Reggie is a left handed CF/P that has tremendous speed and can hit for power. He covers CF as well as anyone in the state and has a cannon for an arm. He could be a leadoff man but handles the #3 spot in the order for WB. He is also the #1 starter at WB.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124