*SILSBEE vs. BRYAN RUDDER BROADCAST* SILSBEE SURVIVES 62-61!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ktzlionsfan
Other than not making their free throws, it sounded as if both teams were really putting their best foot forward for this.

Great job to both teams!!!

Keep it coming Tigers!

Guest tigersvoice
Congratulations Tigers!  At this stage of the season a win is a win and
that spells advancement.  Whatever is "In our head" at the free throw
line needs to be exorcised.  We are just making things too hard with all
those misses.

Well, I got to see the Silsbee Tigers play a basketball game again.  I connected with some old friends.  I saw an exciting game.  Too exciting.  Better FT shooting would of put this game away in double digits.  The Tigers did their best, and that is all you can ask.  Bryan Rudder has an impressive team, especially 24 Marquis Taylor.  Pheal Hill is the heart of the Silsbee team.  He's a lot like his dad.  I don't know what his time in the 40 is, but if it is good he would make a good defensive back.

I got to shake hands with Aggies We are.. It was a good night.

DB aka Kountzer

At the risk of watching HJ lose to Navasota and having egg all over my face, if I was Silsbee, I'd be very worried that they peaked too early in the year.

Look at their last 3 games.  Lost to HJ.  Lost to Kountze.  Squeaked by Rudder.  By all definitions, Silsbee should make it to the Regional Finals, but if you looked at their last two weeks of games........

I have a feeling they are going to turn it up a notch or two from here on out, however.

Scoring for both teams:

Rudder

Marquis Taylor        15
Dominique Robinson  11
Semaj McGruder       9
Michael Jones          8
Reginal Lawson        7
Jared Rodgers          3
Skylar Wells             3
Jamie Anderson        3
Demarshan Wilson     2

Silsbee

Prentice Lane            14  (11 rebounds, 6 assists)
Pheal Hill                   13  (6 rebounds, 5 steals)
Kendrick Jones           12  (12 rebounds, 2 block shots)
D.C. Stallworth           10  (11 rebounds, 3 assists)
Kelton Gaines              9   (made last 2 free throws)
Ronald Barrett             3
Avory Thomas             1  (6 rebounds, 3 blocks)

Team stats

foul shooting

Rudder    7/17   41%
Silsbee   12/34  35%

3 point shooting

Rudder   5/21    24%
Silsbee   2/7     29%

turnovers

Rudder    16
Silsbee    23

Rebounds

Rudder     29
Silsbee     49

Score by quarters

1     2      3      4     tot
Rudder              19    11    10    21     61
Silsbee              12    27    10    13     62

Summary

FREE THROWS, FREE THROWS, FREE THROWS!!!!!! I would have said Silsbee would lose this game if they shot 35% from the charity stripe and turn the ball over 23 times!!!

Rudder is by far the quickest team that Silsbee has played all season, quicker than HJ and Kountze. Coach Chris Jones decision to take on the much taller Tigers almost paid off. Big key for Silsbee's win was out rebounding Rudder 49-29 and the Rangers missing 16 three's.

The second quarter won it for the Tigers as they went into that quarter trailing by 7, 19-12, but started the quarter on a 9-0 run to take the lead and then got another 10-0 run to go into half, leading 39-30. Silsbee took the lead at the 5 minute mark of the 2nd and never relinquished it the remainder of the game. Silsbee got as big as a 15 point lead, 37-22.

Silsbee maintained that 9 point lead throughout the 3rd quarter, but continued to struggle from the line, missing their first 9 attempts in the second half. Silsbee at one time was 9/31, a terrible 29%, but made the last 2 that really counted, to get the win. Very clutch free throws made by soph. guard Kelton Gaines.

Silsbee got balanced scoring tonight with Lane, Hill, Jones and Stallworth all scoring in double figures. Jones again was the man for Silsbee on the boards as he collected a game high 12 rebounds.

Big factor late for Silsbee was not having Stallworth on the floor in those last few minutes as he was battling cramps most of the 4th. DC toughed it out as much as he could but had to sit those last 2 minutes of the game.

Silsbee got the win, barely, and now move on to face WOS for the third time this season.

Congrats Tigers on a very hard fought win.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder