Lumberton-35 Vidor-29 FINAL/Post Game Comments

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man what a game! I was bitting my nails at the end. It fell apart for us a bit in the third but we pulled it together and never let Vidor take the lead. The ball moved alot tonight. Seems to me that both teams need some work on defence. All in all this was a good homecomming game. Noone was leaving that one till it was over. Tonight further proved my point that people needed to quit rubbing Dayton in our faces at least until they played them. It seemed everyone thought our team was "the same old Lumberton" because we lost 1 game to a superior team. Dayton dominated again tonight. Thats one less team that will be rubbing it in our face. As far as Vidor, I tried to warn you to not be so cocky after you beat Nederland. From experience, if you win big, you stand a chance of losing big the next week.

Guest BIG HOUSE

It was a great game. Both teams played really hard.Brad C. had a great game for Vidor. Cody Hussey & Bryce Dejohn both had a great game for Lumberton!!!!!

Good luck to both teams the rest of the year....

Lumberton Wins!!!!!!!! :lol:

How about Nederlands Homecoming!!! OUCH

how was the crowd jmarc?

yall the crowd was crazy tonight. I had to make up my own parking space tonight...people were parking at walmart. I was strattling some parking stops...thank god for my truck...The fans were on fire! As predicted...there was alot more seating on the Vidor side but they did have a decent turn out.

Not that this really changes anything..But what was up with the clock guy..? He messed up several times tonight..and the down marker guy move the down box and the referee had to get onto him..\Then they didnt knwo where to mark the ball at

then when we caught the ball at the 10 and the back judge ruled it a completion and the LINE judge came behind him and ruled it Incomplete..that was crazy..that play there was a key play

I will have to say from a pirate fan those have to be 2 of the best damn games i have seen back to back in a good while on friday nights. Lumberton gave us all we wanted and we did the same to them. both teams made costly mistakes in crucial parts of the games and the refs did blow some calls on both sides of the ball but as far as hard hitting and some bone crushing plays they were several hand fulls. one that sticks out in my mind is when Devan Dart did a perfect form tackle on a raider and drove him into the ground. my hat is off to both teams again this week we just came up about 4 yards short 2 diff times inside the 5 on fumbles those hurt......

Good Luck next week Pirates and to yall Raiders...

If all scores I have seen are correct this is how 20-4a looks:

Central 2-0

Dayton 2-0

Lumberton 1-1

Vidor 1-1

LCM 1-1

PNG 1-1

Ned 0-2

Ozen 0-2

Man what a race................

Lumberton played a great game. They did what they had to to win, but the officiating was completely one sided. Not to make excuses because it happens in every game, but they need to monitor the officials and maybe implement a replay system or something. Great game to Lumberton, horrible game to the officials. Lumberton could be wild card in this insane district.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder