? on which side to sit lumberton or vidor

i wish the best for lumberton but i just dont see them competing in this district anytime soon...

as for the "support"

i like how when i played for lumberton no one showed up because they didnt like the coach at the time...as soon as the raiders start losing games the support will likely be gone (lumbertons has had good teams before (8-2' date=' 7-3 teams) and as soon as they dissapeared so did the fans)

it was really nice when more people went to the jv game than the varsity game because they were "undefeated since 7th grade"

most lumberton fans = bandwagon fans (this coming from a explayer)

dont get me wrong they have some good talent on this years team but not enough for this district. when you get beat 55-7 in district play, when the other team, from what i heard, took it pretty easy in the second half, it's safe to say winning 1 or 2 district games would be quit an accomplishment

lumberton has to relize it's going to take more than a new coach to start a winning program. with a limited athletic pool it is going to take some time and patience to start winning, something historically lumberton doesn't have with it's football program...[/quote']

First off, up till this year, Lumberton had a coach that didn't care and the only reason he was still the coach was because he was in good with the superintendent. He basiclly was ran out of town so to speak. Didn't he tell you boys to not shake hands after the nachadoches game?? Real class act.

What really bothers me is when the "bandwagon" players and fans get on here and talk smack on this years team. Yours is jealousy. I was also told that varsity was highly jealousof JV because of their success. Last year, when varsity practice would end when school got out, JV was still practicing till 6:00 P.M. or later.

The streak that everyone talks about I agree is nice and a great accomplishment that all those players should be proud of. I also say the streak is mute. It is a new season. Varsity is like the pro level in baseball while JV and below is minor league. Varsity is ten times harder than JV.

If this team don't win another game this year, they still accomplished three times more ( wins ) than last years train wreck of a season ( Rita didn't help none either ).

I will sit in the stands the whole game, whether winning 55-7 or losing 55-7. I challenge all the fans from last week that left at half time to stay the whole game. I was told that fans from Vidor starting leaving at the begining of the fourth quarter and ended up missing a great finish. :D

P.S. Missed the advice I should take piratefan, what was it??

i didnt play last year...it was the 04 season (graduated in 05, do the math)

fuller wasnt a good coach but why should the players suffer because of the imaturity of the adults? when we played nac we shook their hands...jelous of what? thus fur lumberton hasnt beat anyone worth boasting about...i wish them luck but i cant give an honest observation without being jelous? (btw we never got stomped by 48 )...the politics of lisd will always damage the athletic programs...

"I was also told that varsity was highly jealousof JV because of their success." its always something new like that in lumberton...there is always some stupid stuff like that so all of the yuppies can have something to complain about...again...more actual support>complaining & excuses

i wish lumberton well but the defense looks bad this year...some stats...

against dayton

Rushing - 35 - 444 yards - 5 TD's - 12.69 yards per carry

RB Mike Dugat - 10 carries, 218 yards and 3 TD's 21.8 avg. per carry.

Total yardage - 568 yards on 44 plays with 7 TD's, avg. 12.91 per play.

can this team compete with ozen, central, png, nederland etc. with that run defense?

the quarterback is throwing well under 50% the last couple of weeks

i just dont see it this year...

lumbertons pre-district schedule was very soft compared to their district...

I agree with L town-05......You will not be playing anybody like cleveland or new caney in this district. Do you think nederland would be 1-3 if they schedueled cathedral and kelly. The fact is lumberton fans are getting fired up over wins against 3-A opponents and start talking trash. Vidor does the same thing but atleast they have beaten a quality team. the best team lumberton has beaten this year (b.c) plays in 3-A. Vidor should win this game by three touchdowns but they probably will not because they are vidor. vidor could barely keep a 4 point lead with 18 seconds left. if moseley could have gotten two more inches everybody would be saying how bad vidor is. Of course now they are the team to beat (lol).

I agree with L town-05......You will not be playing anybody like cleveland or new caney in this district. Do you think nederland would be 1-3 if they schedueled cathedral and kelly. The fact is lumberton fans are getting fired up over wins against 3-A opponents and start talking trash. Vidor does the same thing but atleast they have beaten a quality team. the best team lumberton has beaten this year (b.c) plays in 3-A. Vidor should win this game by three touchdowns but they probably will not because they are vidor. vidor could barely keep a 4 point lead with 18 seconds left. if moseley could have gotten two more inches everybody would be saying how bad vidor is. Of course now they are the team to beat (lol).

Football is a game of inches...We won and beat a quality team..the first time they played a quality team they got beat 55-7...

Some of you must not know much about the nederland game.. Well we dominated the game almost the entire night. What almost saved nederland were the crapy refs we had. Oh yea we freaking scored on the first play!!

Trust me after coming off last friday nights win the visitors side should be packed. If you want to sit in a noise free place where you can stretch out' date=' sit on the Lumberton side.[/quote']

just to prove to you people that you wont be able to sit on the lumberton side go look at willfrance.com he took pictures of the fans at every game and the stands were packed

Ltown_05

The quarterback is throwing well under 50% the last couple of weeks

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE LUMBERTON QB? If so you have been at the wrong games.

Here are the Lumberton QB's stats:

Game----------Comp----Att-----Int-----Td's------Yards

New Caney---- 15--------27------1------2---------195

BC---------------10--------22------0------1---------151

Cleveland------ 5---------8-------0------2---------143

Dayton-------- 10--------17------1------0----------72(ouch-very good "D")

Totals --------- 40--------74--------2-----5---------561

Those numbers have him 3rd in district behind Durham from Ozen (752) and 20 yards behind second place Moshier (581) from Nederland and are pretty dang good. They will get better this week :lol:

PIRATEFAN:

Football is a game of inches...We won and beat a quality team..the first time they played a quality team they got beat 55-7...

The first quality team we played we won against BC. The first very good team we played (dayton) we got it handed to us. This week we will be playing another quality team that played well but got VERY LUCKY so we will be in it and i think will pull it out. The QB,his receivers and running back(s) will all have good games for Ltown. If we can keep vidor below 24, we will win!!!! I look for a high scoring game with a lot of it in the 2nd half.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder