Nederland Babe Ruth annexing Orange County for Spring 2010 season

[quote name="spoonbill" post="745699" timestamp="1263843525"]
so...is vidor youth baseball no longer in business? they have adds in the local paper. i'm a little confused.
[/quote]  I'm not sure if Vidor has another league or not, but I know they don't have a Babe Ruth League...it never hurts to have options, and there are individuals in other areas of Orange County that showed an interest in playing at Nederland Babe Ruth...that's why we decided to annex it.

[quote name="VPATH" post="747445" timestamp="1264096124"]
Vidor Youth Baseball on Old Hwy 90 is alive and well. We play PONY, not Babe Ruth. We will be taking registrations on January 23rd and 30th at the ballpark.
[/quote]didn't y'all use to have baseball for ages above 12? was that babe ruth?

[quote name="East TX" post="747554" timestamp="1264105850"]
I wonder if assorted Orange County and Greater Beaumont area assorted Associations ought to all annex Nederland's geographic area?
[/quote]Nederland Babe Ruth has no intention of steering players away from other leagues in Orange County.  I guess I should've explained the reason we are annexing...we have had several people in Bridge City show an interest in playing Babe Ruth but our geographic area does not cover Orange County.  I think it's a personal option & if you don't have the option of a Babe Ruth league in Orange County, why not give the kids a place where they can come play?   

"Annexing" is probably the wrong word to describe what NBR is doing.  I would rephrase this to say that NBR has expanded it's boundaries to allow Orange County kids to participate in Babe Ruth League if they so desire.  There are plenty of different baseball organizations out there for kids of this age to participate in including Babe Ruth League, Big League Little League, Pony League, Dixie League and of course all of the different select organizations.  Babe Ruth League Inc. requires each local league to have a clearly defined geographical boundary from which it can form a league.  This is in place so that if another group in the same general area cannot form a BR league within another BR league's boundaries.  This is similar to the geographical areas set forth by Little League Baseball Inc.  Just a different organization.  Mid-County Babe Ruth is the Senior Babe Ruth Division in this area and is made up of players 16-18 years old from all over Southeast Texas.  It has run in this area for years allowing kids in this age group from Jefferson, Orange and Hardin Counties to participate.  Nederland Babe Ruth is only responding to the inquiries from numerous folks in the Orange County area over the last several years to allow thier kids to play at NBR.  After much discussion, the Board of Directors has voted to allow more kids to play in the league.  They are by no means trying to take away from your registration numbers, but only responding to the requests of interested parties.  Hope this eases the tensions of anyone who had any other thoughts as to why this change was made.

[quote name="CenterfieldMom" post="747587" timestamp="1264110308"]
[quote author=East TX link=topic=64901.msg747554#msg747554 date=1264105850]
I wonder if assorted Orange County and Greater Beaumont area assorted Associations ought to all annex Nederland's geographic area?
[/quote]Nederland Babe Ruth has no intention of steering players away from other leagues in Orange County.  I guess I should've explained the reason we are annexing...we have had several people in Bridge City show an interest in playing Babe Ruth but our geographic area does not cover Orange County.  I think it's a personal option & if you don't have the option of a Babe Ruth league in Orange County, why not give the kids a place where they can come play?   
[/quote]i know bridge city little league had i believe 6 teams of juniors last year. (that is 13 and 14 yr olds) they also had some senior league teams (15 and 16) i'm not sure where the "give the kids a place to play" comes into account. oh...also, vidor little league has junior and senior teams also. included in bridge city little league is also orangefield. included in vidor little league is deweyville and parts of lcmisd.

I agree with Bulldog dad.  Nederland Babe Ruth League already has players from Beaumont, PNG, Fannette, etc.  Most of these towns do have other 13-15 yr old leagues that these players could play in.  Port Neches has pony and Nederland players are eligble to play in this league. Many of these borders overlap when they are different league affiliations. It comes down to a preferece of what league you would like to play for, and gives an opportunity to players who live in an area without a senior league.  I am sure Babe Ruth has lost players to Port Neches pony since they started getting behind their program over the last few years. I doubt it will make a big difference in the enrollment of any of these leagues.

i believe that there was a league in bridge city (babe ruth, pony) for 13 and up, but that it folded a couple yrs ago. bridge city little league then picked up all of the kids in that age range. they had plenty of kids last yr and i suspect will continue to grow that age group. they are well organized and have some good coaches. it never hurts to have more choices though. there are always parents/kids that have issues with particular leagues.

Bridge City's Jr/Sr program is for 13-16 and since Nederland does not have a Jr./Sr. league program any kids from that area is eligible to play in the next closet Jr./Sr. program in their district which would likely be Bridge City.So any kids that would like to play Jr./Sr. ball can either have their league.(example-Nederland LL,PNLL,Groves LL,etc...) charter a Jr./Sr. program and can get a team and inter-league with BC or they can sign up in BC and play on a team in that league.It looks like BC will have 6 teams of JR's. Anyone interested in playing can go to bcll.org and contact a board member about registering.

[quote name="Bulldog Dad" post="747755" timestamp="1264132645"]
"Annexing" is probably the wrong word to describe what NBR is doing.  I would rephrase this to say that NBR has expanded it's boundaries to allow Orange County kids to participate in Babe Ruth League if they so desire.  There are plenty of different baseball organizations out there for kids of this age to participate in including Babe Ruth League, Big League Little League, Pony League, Dixie League and of course all of the different select organizations.  Babe Ruth League Inc. requires each local league to have a clearly defined geographical boundary from which it can form a league.  This is in place so that if another group in the same general area cannot form a BR league within another BR league's boundaries.  This is similar to the geographical areas set forth by Little League Baseball Inc.  Just a different organization.  Mid-County Babe Ruth is the Senior Babe Ruth Division in this area and is made up of players 16-18 years old from all over Southeast Texas.  It has run in this area for years allowing kids in this age group from Jefferson, Orange and Hardin Counties to participate.  Nederland Babe Ruth is only responding to the inquiries from numerous folks in the Orange County area over the last several years to allow thier kids to play at NBR.  After much discussion, the Board of Directors has voted to allow more kids to play in the league.  They are by no means trying to take away from your registration numbers, but only responding to the requests of interested parties.  Hope this eases the tensions of anyone who had any other thoughts as to why this change was made.

When and where do you sign up for the Mid-County Senior Babe Ruth League (16-18 yr olds)?  I haven't had much luck finding contact information on this.
[/quote]

[quote name="DOGS1988" post="749757" timestamp="1264528898"]
[quote author=Bulldog Dad link=topic=64901.msg747755#msg747755 date=1264132645]
"Annexing" is probably the wrong word to describe what NBR is doing.  I would rephrase this to say that NBR has expanded it's boundaries to allow Orange County kids to participate in Babe Ruth League if they so desire.  There are plenty of different baseball organizations out there for kids of this age to participate in including Babe Ruth League, Big League Little League, Pony League, Dixie League and of course all of the different select organizations.  Babe Ruth League Inc. requires each local league to have a clearly defined geographical boundary from which it can form a league.  This is in place so that if another group in the same general area cannot form a BR league within another BR league's boundaries.  This is similar to the geographical areas set forth by Little League Baseball Inc.  Just a different organization.  Mid-County Babe Ruth is the Senior Babe Ruth Division in this area and is made up of players 16-18 years old from all over Southeast Texas.  It has run in this area for years allowing kids in this age group from Jefferson, Orange and Hardin Counties to participate.  Nederland Babe Ruth is only responding to the inquiries from numerous folks in the Orange County area over the last several years to allow thier kids to play at NBR.  After much discussion, the Board of Directors has voted to allow more kids to play in the league.  They are by no means trying to take away from your registration numbers, but only responding to the requests of interested parties.  Hope this eases the tensions of anyone who had any other thoughts as to why this change was made.
[b]

When and where do you sign up for the Mid-County Senior Babe Ruth League (16-18 yr olds)?  I haven't had much luck finding contact information on this.[/b]
[/quote]
[/quote]

You can sign up at any Nederland home game(Fresh,JV, or Varsity) at the concession stand.

My personal opinion...why would anyone want to let their son play in a new program when history has proven the league to be unstable and unsuccessful.  This is their first year under a different program.  Kinda like a new car.  Never buy the first few years of a new model.  JMO.  NBR has been around and sucessful since the 1950's.  If you're debating on which program to let your son participate in, go with the program which has been around and sucessful the longest.  Over the next few years, hopefully they can rebuild their program into a successful organization, but it'll take time before I'm sold on them.

[quote name="Bulldog Dad" post="751331" timestamp="1264775609"]
My personal opinion...why would anyone want to let their son play in a new program when history has proven the league to be unstable and unsuccessful.  This is their first year under a different program.  Kinda like a new car.  Never buy the first few years of a new model.  JMO.  NBR has been around and sucessful since the 1950's.  If you're debating on which program to let your son participate in, go with the program which has been around and sucessful the longest.  Over the next few years, hopefully they can rebuild their program into a successful organization, but it'll take time before I'm sold on them.
[/quote]

WOW!!! Just because it is new does not mean that it will not be successful. It is just another opportunity for our kids to play baseball. It is not about Nederland vs. Port Neches. There are other options besides NBR. I am sorry that you offended by my post Nederland Dad. PNLL has always been a supporter of Babe Ruth, nothing has changed other than this new opportunity that has fallen into our hands!

Please don't let this thread turn into a PNG/Nederland thing.  This will be my son's third year playing at NBR and we are from Groves.  All in good fun, we have swapped some "who is better" stuff with my friends at Nederland, but truth be told, it was the coaches from NBR that gave him the opportunity to shine in a way that the coaches that have known him all of his life never did.  Playing on the all star team last year, my son proudly wore his purple underarmour shirt under his gold Nederland all star shirt.  Of course, he also wears his all star shirt to school when it is Nederland Nerd day. 

There are pro's and con's to both leagues, so choose whatever league you like, but please don't make up your mind just because one is Port Neches Senior and one is Nederland Babe Ruth. 

[quote name="Bulldog Dad" post="751326" timestamp="1264774977"]
Thanks for posting this on NBR's thread!! CLASSY!!!!  Geez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
[/quote]In all fairness, I posted it on their thread first.  I don't mind them posting it on ours.  I hate to hear that the PN Pony is folding, but they are welcome to play at NBR...or if they choose to play at the new league, that's great too.  It's always good to have options!

[quote name="Bulldog Dad" post="751326" timestamp="1264774977"]
[/quote]nice job bullying a girl. i don't think nbr owns this thread. don't be so touchy. there are multiple leagues with all ages of kids in this area. people are gonna pick for themselves anyway. i don't think nbr is gonna have problems getting kids this year. all of the annexing stuff is kinda stupid anyway. there have been kids from orange county playing at nbr for years.

[quote name="spoonbill" post="751587" timestamp="1264794413"]
[quote author=Bulldog Dad link=topic=64901.msg751326#msg751326 date=1264774977]
[/quote]nice job bullying a girl. i don't think nbr owns this thread. don't be so touchy. there are multiple leagues with all ages of kids in this area. people are gonna pick for themselves anyway. i don't think nbr is gonna have problems getting kids this year. all of the annexing stuff is kinda stupid anyway. there have been kids from orange county playing at nbr for years.
[/quote]

spoonbill, I see no bullying in that post. He was just astonished that the NBR thread was a little hijacked for another league. Actually, in all your posts on this thread, I sense some anger and spite towards NBR. Do you have a problem with Nederland Babe Ruth? Really, this thread is all about kids who want to play some great baseball with kids from all over the area. What can anyone not like about that?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder