@ East Chambers 57, Orangefield 51 - F

This was a very ugly game but sometimes they are just that way. #3 Green carried the team tonight he realy steped his game up to pickup his team. I sitll wont someone to tell me the ruling behind the 3 pointer that OF made and then got the ball under their basket. There was no foul called they just counted the 3 and then gave them the ball?? Great win EC, have a great Xmas and get ready for the Turn. see everyone there

How about a ruling on when EC ran a player onto the floor during the play without checking in because they had only 4 players on the floor.  The ball had been in play for 10-15 seconds.  OF is about to score and player runs onto the floor from the bench.  No Tech or anything.  Stop the play as OF is about to shoot a lay-up.  OF ball out of bounds.  It was like a line change in hockey.  Another one was a jump ball when the OF player had the ball and an EC player's feet were wrapped around it.  Not saying the officiating had anything to do with the outcome.  Just questioning.  OF has got to shoot better.  I talked to the coach after the game and he said they are 6 for 49 from behing the arc the last two games.  WOW.  They might want to take it to the rack instead of jacking threes if they are not falling.

I have no clue on what to say about the Ec guy coming in late... but it wasn't 10-15 seconds into the play.. orangefield had just thrown the ball in and threw it down low before the ec player came running off the bench.. in my opinion the refs didn't look like they knew what they were doing half the time. every time one of them blew the whistle they had a conference in the middle of the court lol.. oh well.. nothing we can do about it.

Congrat's to EC on the win.....You guys worked really hard out there to win this game.....But so did those Bobcats....Orangefield played a much better game, probably one of the best i have seen all year......just keep working on those shots guys and ya'll will start turning things around......BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="tjcfan08" post="734290" timestamp="1261517174"]
Congrat's to EC on the win.....You guys worked really hard out there to win this game.....But so did those Bobcats....Orangefield played a much better game, probably one of the best i have seen all year......just keep working on those shots guys and ya'll will start turning things around......BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]No offense, but if Orangefield played their best game of the year and still lost to East Chambers, then district won't be very kind to the Bobcats.  I'm surprised at this, though, because Orangefield definitely has a very good coach.

You can play a good game and shoot poorly and lose.  The problem with the Bobcats has been their effort on the court.  The past two games, that has really picked up.  If they would have shot better, even a little, these last two losses would have been W's and nobody would be talking right now.

There were a few calls that make up wonder about the quality  of the Refs but the player that ran on to the floor had checked in during the time out and just forgot to come out after the timeout but he was on the books, that is not a vilotion.  The refs should have never stop the play of ball. Still have not gotten  the call were OF got the 3 and the ball???

ONE of the moderators ask me to look at some questions from EC-OF GAME......I will try to answer ...difficult without seeing the play....ON THE THREE POINTER...If the basket was good .....there would have to be a foul for the shooting team to get the ball back....unless the opposing team took the ball and violated by stepping on the court. during the throw in.....CURIOUS.....Coach did not ask for an explanation?

ON PLAYERS ENTERING THE GAME.......PLAYER must be beconed on the court by an official. ......IF a player comes onto the court but does not go to the scorers table and is not beconed...IT IS A TECHNICAL FOUL.....OFFICIATING CREW should catch the fact of not enough players and get them on the court before it gets this far...

IF YOU CAN PLEASE....get me more info...something about these two plays does not seem right

1) The player was not beconed onto the court.  He ran from the bench onto the play after the ball had been in play for a good 10 seconds.  The play was blown dead once one of the officials noticed he had run on floor as Orangefield was about to shoot a lay-up.  I overheard the coach say something after the game about the explaination being the officials fault.  Whether it was their fault or not the kid shouldn't be able to run on the floor.

2)  An Orangefield player made a three pointer.  As he made the shot the official on the baseline blew the whistle.  It turned out to be an accident.  They called a jump ball and gave it back to OF.

I recognized all three officials.  One definitely normally does JV games.  The other two I have seen for years do Varsity games.  Would have expected more.

I am just glad that this was not a dist. game that would have ment one  team not making the playoffs. Just hope that they get better come dist. play. ??? On the three point the ball should have been given to EC and played from there. There was no reason for the jumpball call. the shot was made and EC had not retreved the ball to throw it in play when the  whistel was blown. That could have been a 6 point swing. That could be a major mistake in a close game. Just hope they get better before Dist. play

I was watching the bench from the stands.  He was sitting down and when the coach yelled his name he just ran on.  He had completely forgotten that he was supposed to be in the game.  It should have been a technical just like they never should have given the ball back to OF after the three.  Quit making excuses and just admit it was a bad call.  Had no bearing on the outcome.  I am not making an excuse for our loss.

I am not complaining I am just trying to learn all the rules. At our game in hardin we had a shooter get fouled on a made basket and the ref called an intentional foul. But, the ref only gave us one free throw instead of the one for the made basket and two others for the intentional foul. The ref then gave us the ball at mid court only to change his mind to give the ball under our basket. So i am just trying to clarify with the oldref what the correct calls should be.

I have looked for a ruling on this all day The only thing I can find is that as long as the player is on the books as being in the game he could be in the shower and come into play. The only ruling I can find is that there can only be 5 on the floor, and that a player has to checkin with the book keeper. But other than that you can play with only 2 on the floor if you wont. You are wright that play nor the play were the ball was given to OF had anything to do with the outcome of that game. The call of the intentional foul was the right call since the shot was made the player only gets one shot. but the ball should have been given to EC at 1/2 court. A intentional foul is not a techical foul you just get the ball back after the foul shots, if the shot was misted the player would have got 2 shots and the ball.

I am not talking about the player not being able to be in the game.  I am talking about him not being able to run onto the floor once the ball has been in play.  Once the play is going, he has to wait until a dead ball to come into the game.  This is not hockey.  You must be waved onto the floor by an official while a play is not going on.

[quote name="bballgod" post="734579" timestamp="1261606170"]
I am not talking about the player not being able to be in the game.  I am talking about him not being able to run onto the floor once the ball has been in play.  Once the play is going, he has to wait until a dead ball to come into the game.  This is not hockey.  You must be waved onto the floor by an official while a play is not going on.
[/quote] I cant find that in the rule book. It only says that you must be on the books as being in the game, there is no were that i can find that sayes he could not come from the bench. If a player gets  knocked out of the court and does not come back on untill the ball returns, as long as he is not hurt the play is not stoped. If you can find a different ruling please tell me what page it is on. I realy wont to know the right call. That being said EC has got to watch this more carefully they got a Teck. in the HJ game for having 6 on the floor after a time out.

I think you're confusing a substitution with a player that is already in the game. The ref has the final say when a sub enters but if the 5th player was already in the game, than that's not a substitution. He can play where ever he wants, including the bench.

An example would be a player going into the stands (chasing a loose ball) and doesn't return for 10 seconds. Play continues and no one 'waves' them in.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics