1. 1. Who Wins

• BH
    • Crosby

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PurplePride

:D GO EAGLES! I really believe you can get Crosby! In fact, I know you can! This is the only game I am going to miss in our old district..hhmm..wait a minute..I will miss the Smiley and Forestbrook bands as they were so ENTERTAINING, that was the best part about playing them.....anyway, back to Crosby....we called it the "Highway 90 Shootout"..haha...even had t-shirts with it printed on there and, bless their heart...(CROSBY had the shirts..NOT Dayton"), we got them everytime! They even went so far as to burn ugly stuff in their new turf field and blamed us....pretty embarrassing when they got caught with their own kids on TAPE doing the damage...geez...I probably should have put this in the "rivalry" thread, sorry setxsports, just got caught up in the moment!

I am from way back and yet I do not remember any rivalry between Dayton and Barbers Hill, but it has always been this way with Crosby...would like to see the "newbie" get the ones that were so ecstatic that we get out of their district....ugh...I guess the devil is coming out in me as I do not usually speak my mind against any team.....my bad.

Good Luck to everyone tomorrow night, yes, even Crosby (but we all know that DAYTON wants Barbers Hill to win, oh Lord, there I go again)

Have a safe trip to and from the games to everyone and prayers to all the players.......come with your "game on!". :wink:

PS. Matt, I will save you a seat at the reservation...you KNOW I will be there with your little buddie...Bronco1, if I could figure out who you are, we would save you a seat too! :D

By Michael Pineda

Baytown Sun

Published October 6, 2006

Going into the season, the Barbers Hill football team realized the season would be different due to the move to Class 4A.

Thanks to a strong senior class, the Eagles have continued their winning ways, jumping out to a 4-0 start on the season and a 1-0 record in District 21-4A. One of the reasons for the Eagle’s success this season is senior linebacker Daniel McSwain who has set himself apart with his play on the field.

“This year has been everything that I expected and more,†McSwain said. “We are playing as s team. It takes everybody to win. In moving up to Class 4A with a strong senior class we have the opportunity to prove how good we are. I think the teams will be a lot more competitive. Everyone is going to try and beat us because we are the new guys on the block.â€

McSwain credits the chemistry of the team as one of the reasons that the Eagles have continued their winning ways. Entering the season Barbers Hill was one of the favorites to advance to the playoffs where the Eagles would like to erase the bitter memory of the loss to Kirbyville.

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="story_summary"

Going into the season, the Barbers Hill football team realized the season would be different due to the move to Class 4A.

Thanks to a strong senior class, the Eagles have continued their winning ways, jumping out to a 4-0 start on the season and a 1-0 record in District 21-4A. One of the reasons for the Eagle’s success this season is senior linebacker Daniel McSwain who has set himself apart with his play on the field.

“This year has been everything that I expected and more,†McSwain said. “We are playing as s team. It takes everybody to win. In moving up to Class 4A with a strong senior class we have the opportunity to prove how good we are. I think the teams will be a lot more competitive. Everyone is going to try and beat us because we are the new guys on the block.â€

McSwain credits the chemistry of the team as one of the reasons that the Eagles have continued their winning ways. Entering the season Barbers Hill was one of the favorites to advance to the playoffs where the Eagles would like to erase the bitter memory of the loss to Kirbyville.

“There is probably not a day that goes by that I don’t think about Kirbyville,†McSwain said. “I just want a chance to get back and get a chance to make something happen. In the playoffs anything can happen.â€

The next step for Barbers Hill in district play will be Crosby, a former rival. The Cougars also came into the season as one of the favorites to make the playoffs. Crosby is off to a 2-2 record this season but could easily be 4-0 on the year.

“They are a good football team,†BH head coach Don Price said. “They are well coached and have good skill positions and a good line. They are executing better on both sides of the ball each week, they will be a challenge.

“We have to limit their big plays because they have the ability to score real quick. They have the kind of athletes that can turn a five yard gain into a 60-yard gain.â€

McSwain is undersized as a linebacker weighing in at 185 but more than makes up for it with 4.5 speed. As a two-year starter at middle linebacker, McSwain has made the most of his ability and talent.

“I read my blocks and I put in a lot of work on film,†McSwain said. “I don’t have a seventh period so a bunch of us seniors go down and watch film together. We also try to go eat together on Thursdays. Being a senior, it’s going by a lot faster.

:D GO EAGLES! I really believe you can get Crosby! In fact' date=' I know you can! This is the only game I am going to miss in our old district..hhmm..wait a minute..I will miss the Smiley and Forestbrook bands as they were so ENTERTAINING, that was the best part about playing them.....anyway, back to Crosby....we called it the "Highway 90 Shootout"..haha...even had t-shirts with it printed on there and, bless their heart...(CROSBY had the shirts..NOT Dayton"), we got them everytime! They even went so far as to burn ugly stuff in their new turf field and blamed us....pretty embarrassing when they got caught with their own kids on TAPE doing the damage...geez...I probably should have put this in the "rivalry" thread, sorry setxsports, just got caught up in the moment!

I am from way back and yet I do not remember any rivalry between Dayton and Barbers Hill, but it has always been this way with Crosby...would like to see the "newbie" get the ones that were so ecstatic that we get out of their district....ugh...I guess the devil is coming out in me as I do not usually speak my mind against any team.....my bad.

Good Luck to everyone tomorrow night, yes, even Crosby (but we all know that DAYTON wants Barbers Hill to win, oh Lord, there I go again)

Have a safe trip to and from the games to everyone and prayers to all the players.......come with your "game on!". :wink:

PS. Matt, I will save you a seat at the reservation...you KNOW I will be there with your little buddie...Bronco1, if I could figure out who you are, we would save you a seat too! :D[/quote']

Sounds like Dayton and Crosby has had their moments :lol: BH used to play Dayton in the early 80's I believe ,but not for sure. If Crosby loses tonight they will be crushed. The Volleyball teams go at it tonight as well with BH being undefeated in district and Crosby only losing to BH. I hope BH comes out on top twice tonight. Good luck Eagles and good luck Broncos.

will do. may be a couple minutes late' date=' get off at 5:15[/quote']

The Shellman Man. How are the world are you and the WIFE? Hope you are guys are well and see ya soon.

Guest PurplePride

:lol: OMG BH96, you crack me up! Nothing like the wife busting up a "boys night out" at an innocent football game

huh? :cry:

Have a good time anyway but make it miserable so she will not want to go again..lol! :wink:

Go Eagles!

From your Dayton Fan.. :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12