Ja'Michael Ervine #15..........Is he good enough to play college football????

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="Slugger2010" post="726902" timestamp="1260370696"]
Ja'Michael Ervine #15............is he good enough to play college football???????
[/quote]

Is The POPE Catholic??? ;D

[quote name="stevieray" post="727082" timestamp="1260388507"]
I don't live in SE Texas any longer...Could someone give me info on this young man (school, position, year, etc...)?

[/quote]

Kirbyville HS, LB, Sr.  Not real sure on his actual size but a good strong athlete but for the most part lacks the size to play that position at a major college, IMO.  Who knows though.  I would say McNeese, Lamar, etc.  Love the way he plays the game!

I saw a news story about how the trend for backs in the NFL for runningbacks is beginning to change. The days of not even looking at a back not over 6 feet is giving way to guys as short as 5'-6". Maybe this will change college recruiting. Talent and heart can carry you along way.
I agree that with the number of  programs out there any player that has had as much outstanding success as Ja'michael  should have a shot. He has kind of been a victim of the accomplishments of those around him. But anytime Ford or Jackson (last year) has had an off night or has been contained. Ervine has been there to pull the slack. He is underrated in my opinion due mostly to his own unselfishness which is a rare thing in the day of "star" high school players.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="Kville1968" post="727279" timestamp="1260404808"]
I saw a news story about how the trend for backs in the NFL for runningbacks is beginning to change. The days of not even looking at a back not over 6 feet is giving way to guys as short as 5'-6". Maybe this will change college recruiting. Talent and heart can carry you along way.
I agree that with the number of  programs out there any player that has had as much outstanding success as Ja'michael  should have a shot. He has kind of been a victim of the accomplishments of those around him. But anytime Ford or Jackson (last year) has had an off night or has been contained. Ervine has been there to pull the slack. He is underrated in my opinion due mostly to his own unselfishness which is a rare thing in the day of "star" high school players.
[/quote]

Kville1968 I could not agree with you more..Lots of smaller backs have made it in college and also pro ball...What Ervine lacks in size,He certainly makes up in heart and determination A combo hard to beat..I think He will go somewhere,there's lots of college's out there who needs a RB like Ervine..He deserves the chance in my book.!!

"GO WILDCAT's"

[quote name="Slugger2010" post="727500" timestamp="1260457415"]
Who do yall think will win the MVP Award in the Kirbyville vs. Pilot Point State game?
[/quote]

oooohhh good one!! I guess it will depend on that particular game. If it was about last weeks game, I would have had to say Cucancic. Will just have to wait and see..lol

[quote name="Slugger2010" post="727500" timestamp="1260457415"]
Who do yall think will win the MVP Award in the Kirbyville vs. Pilot Point State game?
[/quote]
[quote author=Slugger2010 link=topic=63568.msg727500#msg727500 date=1260457415]
[/quote]
Well idk PP but K-ville i think they all shoud have one because in my book there aint no mvp. A mvp does the most on the feild but k-ville works as a team not evolve around one player. They all take care of there positions and all do what they got to do to win. Everyone credits the backs and recievers for how good they do but u got to think of how they are doing it. Ford is a awsome back, but he gets his yards from following that big offensive unit that he has blocking for him and he uses hs speed and power to get were he needs to go and the o-line holds the d off just enough so ford can do his stuff. And defensive is the same way wen u see one wildcat u dnt got half a sec before all of them boys are there. Well thats my opinion  ;D[move]K-Ville BRING HOME THE GOLD[/move]

MVP...HMMM...when they win, it will be the Defense that does it..., but will it be Justin Keene and his 2 or 3 picks....hmmm  will he make it to the endzone or fall short of Glory at the 2 or 3 yd line.  Will it be the famous 23 Chris Eizidore and his Sack Machine!!!  Will it be the unlikely hero of Aaron Breed who hits hard on the BIg D, and spots an occasional long run....The easy pick is FORD TUFF!!, but Hey J #15 is an x-factor to be dealt with.  I give Kudos to the Cucancic KLAN and the 4 TD's last week!!.  IF Kale can HIT the Slants and open up the Post routes, then roll out and knock out the Fades...well he could light it up for 250 yds and 4 TD's himself!!!  I am looking forward to a great game...............Wouldn't it be cool if Matt R won it at the End with a 30 yd FG  32-29.

GET IN THE GAME!!

or listen on 102.7 KTXJ  K for Kirbyville J for Jingle ALL the WAY!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder