Re: Kerrville VS. Brenham Sat 12/12/09 1:00 PM @ Bernard Birkelbach Stadium

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...This will be my first time to watch two football games taking place at the same time on the same field (ha)...What's the deal? Is it Kerrville/Brenham or Kirbyville/Pilot Point at 3:30/Bobcat Stadium? Makes much more sense for it to be Kerrville Brenham. Maybe someone got the venue wrong for Kirbyville/Pilot Point. After all Kerrville/Kirbyville or pretty close in name.

Yeah but every listing I find says 3:30 at Bobcat Stadium in San Marcos. Found the same venue on www.texas2afootball.com as well as on this website. Somebody has to be wrong. They can't both play at the same time.

Yeah the Chronicle was reporting Saturday, still is as a matter of fact, UIL has said nothing, TXHS Football said Friday, who the heck knows at this point.

I do find it curious that they would travel both Kirbyville and pilot Point so far, when Waco would be neutral and closer for both, or even Huntsville. It's 275 miles for Pilot Point, which is north of Dallas and 300 miles for Kirbyville, which is 15 miles from being in Louisiana. Just strange about the locale

Brenham (12-2) vs. Kerrville Tivy (9-4), Know nothing about Kerrville, pretty small roster, but they say they are quick. Their stats looked pretty balance on offense, they run and pass well. They are in the Semis so they are to not be taken lightly for sure. Just have to wait and see some films.

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="725075" timestamp="1260121792"]
Of course this is the same bunch (UIL) that sent us to Pfugerville to play Elgin in last years playoffs. Real neutrl that was, Elgin drove 10 whole miles and we drove 150 miles, so go figure...
[/quote]

I know the UIL is an easy target, but they had no role whatsoever in determining this playoff site.  The two head coaches make that determination - either by joint agreement or by coin flip.  Only the championship games in 5A are set by the UIL.

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="725127" timestamp="1260126233"]
Brenham (12-2) vs. Kerrville Tivy (9-4), Know nothing about Kerrville, pretty small roster, but they say they are quick. Their stats looked pretty balance on offense, they run and pass well. They are in the Semis so they are to not be taken lightly for sure. Just have to wait and see some films.
[/quote]

Good scrambling QB, NO DEFENSE, and average size kids.  They beat Cibolo Steele who almost beat LT a couple of weeks back.  Calhoun was extremely small and almost beat them but just got wore down from what I was told.  Stop Johnny Manziel their stud QB and you win, he's the real deal.  Brenham's offense shouldn't have any problems putting up points on them.  NOTE:  their fans are a piece of work.

Brenham Cubs (home team) vs. Kerrville Tivy Antlers
Saturday, December 12th at 1:00 PM at Georgetown.
2275 North Austin Avenue, Georgetown, TX 78626
Adult tickets are $8; student tickets are $3; all tickets will be $10 at the gate.

Tickets are available at all BISD campuses until noon on Friday and at BHS until 2:00 PM on Friday.

There will be a fan bus leaving the BHS bus ramp at 10:00 AM on Saturday, please sign up in Mrs. Williams' office. There is no cost to ride.

Directions: Hwy 290 W toward Austin; turn right on E Parmer Lane; take TX-130-Toll N; exit 413 and turn left on FM 971; turn right on N Austin Ave, athletic complex on right

Go get um Brenham!!!!  ;D
Even with a win last year, Kerrville left a very bad taste in my mouth- some of the worst trash talking, unsportsman-like behavior I have ever seen.....and we're not talking good ole, believe in your team, all-in-fun, trash talking behavior.  I recall some very, very distasteful and disrespectful comments being made about our boys by them...."monkey, something or another, thugs" was just one of the descriptions I recall.....they were very, very, very sore losers and if my memory serves me correctly, the name calling was quite ugly before the game, and even during the game- a fight almost broke out at the beginning of half-time as the teams were leaving the field because one of the coaches made a comment towards one of our players  :o....unbelievable is not even close to describing my opinion of the situation but I also can't think of an appropriate word to use here so I will leave it at that  :-X.......GO KICK THEIR BEHINDS!!!!!!!!!!!

In Georgetown huh? Well my thought on that is.....I hope there aren't 50mph winds....not pretty when punting against the wind  ::)......you had to be there.  Irregardless, they are beatable and I think Brenham shouldn't have any trouble against them, now dealing with their attitudes, nastiness and poor sportsmanship is an entirely different story...and I only bring it up to make sure you are prepared....just make sure you rise above it! You are the better team and the way the players/ coaches/ fans conduct themselves is proof of that!!!  :)
Best of luck to Brenham!!!

Wow Stewart really dropped the ball in this game. Herrera is a descent QB but he had no business being in this game. Payton either ran or threw all of our TDs in this game and is no doubt the better QB. Without Payton we would have never beaten Elcampo. I think Herrera might have completed 5 passes for the game against Brenham and the few runs he had were negated by the big sacks he took. I think the coaches did a good job and im glad we have them but they were wrong on the decision.

Wow since you sign on the first time and then want to Bash Jerry Stewart, who by the way is a great coach, at least bash him in the right thread, or better yet, don't bash him at all, and just simply thank him for all he does for his players, like helping them be recruited by top colleges, and teaching them to be one of the classiest teams on the gridiron. Oh yeah and by the way, make them one of the top teams in the state year in and year out.......

I guess that Stewart never makes mistakes. Didnt say he wasnt a good coach but if you really beleive Herrera is the better choice at QB then you dont know anything about football. In a football game when its crunch time you put the ball in your best players hand. Payton touched the ball 10 times in the game and scored 3 of them. I have been to every game for the last 10 years and will always be a bronco fan and this was the worst decision i have seen. The past 2 years we got beat by the better team. This year I put it on Stewart. Sorry.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="725919" timestamp="1260224502"]
I guess that Stewart never makes mistakes. Didnt say he wasnt a good coach but if you really beleive Herrera is the better choice at QB then you dont know anything about football. In a football game when its crunch time you put the ball in your best players hand. Payton touched the ball 10 times in the game and scored 3 of them. I have been to every game for the last 10 years and will always be a bronco fan and this was the worst decision i have seen. The past 2 years we got beat by the better team. This year I put it on Stewart. Sorry.
[/quote]

Where the heck are you people coming from....go away....or go to the right thread!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83